Shocking number of young Americans say other countries are better

Yes, folks. America, a nation of immigrants who’s culture is an amalgam of the world’s cultures, has a lot of morons who think America would exist without significant contributions from the rest of the world.
Ah yes, lets go back when immigration was people who came to America in search of a better life, and prove to everyone they would become like US citizens. But then those retarded liberals R and D decided to import unskilled people who get cheap labor and give free stuff too so they would vote to keep the liberals in power. Yes, morons vote for liberals...

You're very upset. Maybe you should leave?

Yes, folks. America, a nation of immigrants who’s culture is an amalgam of the world’s cultures, has a lot of morons who think America would exist without significant contributions from the rest of the world.
Ah yes, lets go back when immigration was people who came to America in search of a better life, and prove to everyone they would become like US citizens. But then those retarded liberals R and D decided to import unskilled people who get cheap labor and give free stuff too so they would vote to keep the liberals in power. Yes, morons vote for liberals...

You're very upset. Maybe you should leave?

Are you in favor of open borders LL?

Why are taxpayers still subsidising these progressive bastions of America hate? This is what you're sending your kids off to come back as?

Probably because we need people who understand math and statistics..

The problem is, they can look at math and statistics, see how we are falling behind in every metric of quality of life and realize we are doing it wrong.

But the liberals graduate knowing less math and statistics.

Why do you automatically assume they are wrong?

Because I'm American, and I've been to Europe, and let me tell ya...Europe is nice, but nothing beats the the good ole USA!

I’ve been to 17 different countries. There are some things I like better about some of them and there are some things I like worse about some of them, but it’s American hubris to assume that we are the best place in the world to live. There are a lot of good things about the United States and things we do better and there are some not so good things about the United States and some things we do worse. Whether or not other countries are better is a matter of one’s opinion and what each individual happens to be looking for.
You know , try going to another country and exercise your freedom of speech and talk bad about that countries leader.....Dumbass.....I cant believe that you are a mod, you suck at it, just like Nancy stinks at Speaker of the House.

You can do that in a lot of countries.

The findings showed that within the age group of 19-29, 47 percent of adult Democrat and Democrat-leaning individuals believe that there are other countries better than the United States, while within the same age group, 19 percent of Republican and Republican-leaning individuals agree. That leaves only 53 percent of young Democrats who prefer the United States to any other country, while 81 percent of young Republicans favor America.

Why are taxpayers still subsidising these progressive bastions of America hate? This is what you're sending your kids off to come back as?

At soon to be 55, a conservative, pro-business (thus anti-corporatist and anti-globalist) I can say that some other countries are better.
I am bitterly disappointed in the direction America has been on since the late 1970's and progressively getting worse every decade.
We are no longer a Democratic Republic. We are a corporate plutocracy. The elected government absolutely does more for large corporations, supporting them and ensuring marketshare than they care about the average citizen. It isn't even close.

The only people who struggle with math and statistics are conservatives... Statistics don't validate their biases, where we trail every industrialized country in key metrics like health care, education and quality of life.

Thanks for backing up my claim.

The findings showed that within the age group of 19-29, 47 percent of adult Democrat and Democrat-leaning individuals believe that there are other countries better than the United States, while within the same age group, 19 percent of Republican and Republican-leaning individuals agree. That leaves only 53 percent of young Democrats who prefer the United States to any other country, while 81 percent of young Republicans favor America.

At soon to be 55, a conservative, pro-business (thus anti-corporatist and anti-globalist) I can say that some other countries are better.
I am bitterly disappointed in the direction America has been on since the late 1970's and progressively getting worse every decade.
We are no longer a Democratic Republic. We are a corporate plutocracy. The elected government absolutely does more for large corporations, supporting them and ensuring marketshare than they care about the average citizen. It isn't even close.

You don't sound a hell of a lot like a conservative, champ.

People really should travel and experience the world before making statements like that one way or the other. I see people who bash the US who have NO idea how good they have it, compared to much of the world, because they've never traveled. Then you have the people who say "Murica is #1!!!" who have never traveled either, maybe only to Mexico. The latter group also seems to think our government can do no wrong, as long as they have the correct letter by their name. The problem with that mindset is that it allows the government to get away with everything under the sun, because people are so caught up in the "our team vs your team" mindset.

^^^ This ^^^

There's a lot of nice places in the world.

I am older than those polled and sure in the hell ain't democrat or democrat leaning and I know other countries are better than the USA. They mind their own business,they offer paid maternity leave,universal healthcare so a pregnancy or unexpected health issue doesn't bankrupt the family leading to homelessness, Eastern Europe is a wonderful place and I have been pushing for 3 years for my oldest 2 to attend college there and hopefully marry someone from there and eventually sponsor me and my wife moving there. Once I am done with college I hope to find work with a company that has branches overseas in Poland or Hungary etc and trying to get transferred there.

Well, those "young Americans" are right.

Among "better" countries are Japan, Iceland, Finland, and Norway. Some people would also include the Czech Republic and Hungary.

I do not know, however, how much longer those countries can keep that position.

Interesting how the countries you list are damn near 100% culturally and racially homogeneous.

Kinda fucks up the narrative, doesn't it.

The problem is, they can look at math and statistics, see how we are falling behind in every metric of quality of life and realize we are doing it wrong.
Like Common Core math......making kids dumb so the elites can have an advantage. Real nice of the liberals to do that...

Why do you automatically assume they are wrong?

Because I'm American, and I've been to Europe, and let me tell ya...Europe is nice, but nothing beats the the good ole USA!

I’ve been to 17 different countries. There are some things I like better about some of them and there are some things I like worse about some of them, but it’s American hubris to assume that we are the best place in the world to live. There are a lot of good things about the United States and things we do better and there are some not so good things about the United States and some things we do worse. Whether or not other countries are better is a matter of one’s opinion and what each individual happens to be looking for.

So which country is better than the US?

I noticed that you didn't say.

Like Common Core math......making kids dumb so the elites can have an advantage. Real nice of the liberals to do that...

Chances are you have no clue as to what Common Core math is.

How do you know this?

Why don't any of you that claim other countries are better willing to say which country? Is it because you know your argument will be so shot full of holes you will look like a Ukrainian airliner?

Forum List

Back