Shocker: Boss Endorses Trump?

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
So I am reading the threads here and I keep coming across this retort from the many Trump supporters that they think I am being like a child who doesn't get his way... upset that my guy, Ted Cruz, is not winning the GOP nomination. I point out credible complaints about the Trump campaign and it's shrugged off as me whining or bothered that Trump is doing so well. I attempt to defend Cruz from the ruthless and scurrilous attacks coming at him from all sides and I am accused of "making excuses for his behavior" in doing so. I've tried to get through to people who SAY they are Conservatives... no use, their brains have been turned to jello by Fox News and Donald Trump and you can't talk rationally to them anymore.

Here's where I stand as of now... I actually hope Trump wins this primary! There, I said it! ...I know that's a shocker, it makes my stomach hurt just to read it back to myself... but bear with me.

If Cruz wins, the GOP base is now so polarized and turned against him that he can never unify the party and win in November.... losing to Hillary in the general would effectively end any chance for him to be a serious candidate in 4 years. Everything would be blamed on Cruz and Cruz supporters... yeah, we "gave" you the nomination and look what you did! So the Conservative movement would suffer a great setback, at least with the GOP voters.

Whereas, if Trump wins, he will either defeat Hillary and be a disastrous president or he will get his butt kicked and lose to Hillary in a landslide. Neither is a good scenario for republicans but you can't really blame Trump on the Conservative movement.... unless your a lefty who blames all things right of Stalin on conservatives.

So at this point, it is actually BETTER for Cruz political future NOT to win this primary. He can sit back and watch the calamity happen and say... hey, I tried to tell you people and you wouldn't listen... and in 4 years, maybe some people will have come to their senses? He's still relatively young, there is still plenty of time for him to serve as president.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he would make a great president and could turn the country around... I still think he has a better chance at beating Hillary in the general and would mop her up in a debate. But I also know there is a contingent of die-hard Trump supporters who simply will not vote for Ted Cruz if he beats Donald Trump for the nomination... and Trump might even run third party. All of that would be twisted into the fault of Ted Cruz and his political aspirations would be over forever. I think he is too good of a man and too strong of a Conservative voice to let that happen.

So, I am supporting Trump for the nomination now. Let him and his sleazy band of followers take their vitriol into the general election and let's see if 37% of the GOP is enough to defeat the Clinton Machine. I'm inclined to think Hillary will win in a landslide and even IF Trump does pull of an upset, he will be a terrible one-term president. Cruz can then challenge his re-election and win the GOP nomination in 2020.... and before you say that's crazy... it HAS happened before.

So I am reading the threads here and I keep coming across this retort from the many Trump supporters that they think I am being like a child who doesn't get his way... upset that my guy, Ted Cruz, is not winning the GOP nomination. I point out credible complaints about the Trump campaign and it's shrugged off as me whining or bothered that Trump is doing so well. I attempt to defend Cruz from the ruthless and scurrilous attacks coming at him from all sides and I am accused of "making excuses for his behavior" in doing so. I've tried to get through to people who SAY they are Conservatives... no use, their brains have been turned to jello by Fox News and Donald Trump and you can't talk rationally to them anymore.

Here's where I stand as of now... I actually hope Trump wins this primary! There, I said it! ...I know that's a shocker, it makes my stomach hurt just to read it back to myself... but bear with me.

If Cruz wins, the GOP base is now so polarized and turned against him that he can never unify the party and win in November.... losing to Hillary in the general would effectively end any chance for him to be a serious candidate in 4 years. Everything would be blamed on Cruz and Cruz supporters... yeah, we "gave" you the nomination and look what you did! So the Conservative movement would suffer a great setback, at least with the GOP voters.

Whereas, if Trump wins, he will either defeat Hillary and be a disastrous president or he will get his butt kicked and lose to Hillary in a landslide. Neither is a good scenario for republicans but you can't really blame Trump on the Conservative movement.... unless your a lefty who blames all things right of Stalin on conservatives.

So at this point, it is actually BETTER for Cruz political future NOT to win this primary. He can sit back and watch the calamity happen and say... hey, I tried to tell you people and you wouldn't listen... and in 4 years, maybe some people will have come to their senses? He's still relatively young, there is still plenty of time for him to serve as president.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he would make a great president and could turn the country around... I still think he has a better chance at beating Hillary in the general and would mop her up in a debate. But I also know there is a contingent of die-hard Trump supporters who simply will not vote for Ted Cruz if he beats Donald Trump for the nomination... and Trump might even run third party. All of that would be twisted into the fault of Ted Cruz and his political aspirations would be over forever. I think he is too good of a man and too strong of a Conservative voice to let that happen.

So, I am supporting Trump for the nomination now. Let him and his sleazy band of followers take their vitriol into the general election and let's see if 37% of the GOP is enough to defeat the Clinton Machine. I'm inclined to think Hillary will win in a landslide and even IF Trump does pull of an upset, he will be a terrible one-term president. Cruz can then challenge his re-election and win the GOP nomination in 2020.... and before you say that's crazy... it HAS happened before.

So will you vote for Trump or sit on your hands and hope he loses to Hillary?

Lie...Springsteen does not support Trump

Ted Cruz will never be president. You should find another religious nutbag. You need to find one who doesn't talk about God all the time or sound like a preacher when he talks. Americans don't like that shit.
it sure as hell turned me off to the guy....he reminds me of that other religious freak santorum....

Ted Cruz will never be president. You should find another religious nutbag. You need to find one who doesn't talk about God all the time or sound like a preacher when he talks. Americans don't like that shit.
it sure as hell turned me off to the guy....he reminds me of that other religious freak santorum....

It's really very simple. Some very devout Christians cannot grasp the fact that they aren't in charge any more. This is a secular nation. God doesn't make our laws. Candidates who play that religious shit too hard get spanked.

To be completely honest, I am not sure what I will do. I won't be hoping Hillary wins... not a big Hillary fan. I'm also not going to pledge my vote to Trump at this time. If the election were today, I probably wouldn't vote. There is still time to win me over but people like S.J. are going to be the problem there. You see, he has decided that I am the "mortal enemy" and he has to run me in the ground every chance he gets because I don't march in lockstep behind his boy Trump. That kind of shit continues and you can forget my vote.

To be completely honest, I am not sure what I will do. I won't be hoping Hillary wins... not a big Hillary fan. I'm also not going to pledge my vote to Trump at this time. If the election were today, I probably wouldn't vote. There is still time to win me over but people like S.J. are going to be the problem there. You see, he has decided that I am the "mortal enemy" and he has to run me in the ground every chance he gets because I don't march in lockstep behind his boy Trump. That kind of shit continues and you can forget my vote.

It may not matter unless you live in Florida or Ohio, but not voting involves making a choice, too. It seems that most Trump supporters within the GOP would vote for Cruz, but not vice versa. Why is that?

And the tantrum continues. :crybaby:

No tantrum here... I surrender... you win... let's get Trump to 1,237 so he can be the nominee. I explained myself fully in the OP and if you want to think it's part of a "tantrum" be my guest. I'm thinking long-term strategy and the fight for Conservatism.... You're thinking TRUMP...TRUMP... TRUMP.... WALL.... TRUMP! Oh, that, and you've decided to turn rabid and attack all Conservatives who don't subscribe to your cult.

It may not matter unless you live in Florida or Ohio, but not voting involves making a choice, too. It seems that most Trump supporters within the GOP would vote for Cruz, but not vice versa. Why is that?

I think that's your perception and I don't agree with it. I see it being the other way around... it's probably about the same, to be honest... a good 20-30% of the GOP voters (both sides) are going to probably not support 'the other guy' if he wins the nomination... that's just what we have now. Trump did this. Trump polarized everybody and turned his fan base into little militant Saul Alinskyites... attacking Conservatives and Ted Cruz. He has them so invested in the kool aid now, they would never be able to support Cruz and the Cruz supporters aren't going to forget what they've done to Ted and all the insults.

I think that's your perception and I don't agree with it. I see it being the other way around... it's probably about the same, to be honest... a good 20-30% of the GOP voters (both sides) are going to probably not support 'the other guy' if he wins the nomination... that's just what we have now. Trump did this. Trump polarized everybody and turned his fan base into little militant Saul Alinskyites... attacking Conservatives and Ted Cruz. He has them so invested in the kool aid now, they would never be able to support Cruz and the Cruz supporters aren't going to forget what they've done to Ted and all the insults.

Well, you just insulted Trump supporters as "kool aid" drinkers, so it goes both ways. Maybe time to start looking at the forest?

Well, you just insulted Trump supporters as "kool aid" drinkers, so it goes both ways. Maybe time to start looking at the forest?

Oh, I have no problem insulting the living fuck out of them NOW.... I didn't start it. When it all began, a lot of people were speculating about a possible Trump/Cruz ticket, but that was long ago... a lotta water under the bridge and other stuff too. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to start hurling feces at each other back when Trump was comparing Carson to a child molester and ridiculing Carly's face? Maybe the "Lyin' Ted" thing wasn't so fucking brilliant?

Yeah, you're damn right it goes both ways. I'm not going to sit here and be continually insulted and have my candidate smeared with lies and distortions then be expected to "play nice" ...fuck that shit!

Now if you don't like me calling what Trump is immersing his supporters in "kool aid" we can call it "rhetoric" ...there is no "insult" intended by what I said, it's just the fact of the matter. All this sleazy-ass smearing Trump has done to Ted Cruz is sticking with his supporters and they parrot it here over and over every day. You think they are all going to forget that and get behind Cruz should he win the nomination? I don't see how. The bridge has been burned.... the earth is scorched... whatever analogy you wish to apply. That's not an insult, that's a fact.

people like S.J. are going to be the problem there. You see, he has decided that I am the "mortal enemy" and he has to run me in the ground every chance he gets because I don't march in lockstep behind his boy Trump. That kind of shit continues and you can forget my vote.

Strident partisans are all the same, particularly emotional ones following lockstep behind authoritarians.

You are going to let SJ, one of the least intelligent people posting here, to influence your vote? That's retarded.

It's really very simple. Some very devout Christians cannot grasp the fact that they aren't in charge any more. This is a secular nation. God doesn't make our laws. Candidates who play that religious shit too hard get spanked.

Bet if there was a muslim running you'd vote for him.

That's a stupid comment. Was it a fluke or are you that stupid.

I voted for a Christian in every presidential election since I turned 18. Cool huh?

I voted for a Christian in every presidential election since I turned 18. Cool huh?

So you didnt vote for Barry....

So you didnt vote for Barry....

Awesome. I misjudged you.

Forum List

Back