Shipping delays screwing up my job progress

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20220214_142759.jpg
20220214_133203.jpg

I can't proceed without the grout that was supposed to be here last week. Ready to install the tub and glass enclosure but can't without it first being grouted.
Now they're saying it "might" be here by Thursday or Friday.

Fuck me....

We have problems here as well. We have orders backed up for weeks.

I can't proceed without the grout that was supposed to be here last week. Ready to install the tub and glass enclosure but can't without it first being grouted.
Now they're saying it "might" be here by Thursday or Friday.

Would it be fair to say, as you anticipate the delivery of the missing material, that you have Grout Expectations?

I've been waiting about a month and a half for the low-VOC adhesive I need to put down vinyl plank in my basement.

Yeah, a lot of people do not realize that speciality ordered stuff including grout can be hard to get but don’t worry the excuse is easy and it is Trump fault…

Now before you attempt to backhand me ya grouch just note I am using the left playbook but could you ask if the customer might go with a second, third or possibly something you can obtain or have on hand and if not is this the customer with the wife that should be driven to Mexico, and pay the Cartel’s to take her and if so that explains your pain!

Get a different contractor. Vinyl plank is a FLOATING floor that is 100% waterproof. If the basement ever gets water you can pull up the planks to remove water, mud & mold then reinstall them.

Glued in the are PERMANENT MOLD CATCHERS
The bank, before they could make my loan, demanded flood plain data and I am absolutely at no risk for flooding -- they would not have given me the loan otherwise -- but thanks. That's good to know, as I am pretty sensitive to mold. I will talk to him or get another contractor.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back