Shifty Schiff claims immunity from releasing his phone records

you are wanting to destroy others, and THEY are sick.

uh huh.
Schifty made a bad decision to abuse our government and Constitution in an attempt to destroy the President. He needs to be destroyed as an example.
then arrest and prosecute him if he broke any laws. we really need to go through the system and stop all these short cuts to internet justice.
That has to be the hypocritical post of the month.
You don't want him arrested? No you want him destroyed.

Fuck off.
Yep, i want his career in political office destroyed and his life ruined. Bankrupt, divorce, kids hate him, etc, everything the left tried to do to President Trump.
Every member of Congress who voted for impeachment should get the same treatment.

Wow. You Trumpists are supporting a one party police state are you? Once again, you show that Trumpists treat the Constitution like toilet paper.
you can speak however you wish, coyote. but when you use "trumpists" you lose a lot of credibility to your argument and you come across emotional fighting for a side, not all of us.

Maybe so, but I'm sick and tired of the constant demonizing from the other side with Demoncrats and DemoRats etc. It seems there are Trumpists and there are Republicans. Not necessarily the same.
maybe. i am also tired of the constant demonization of people. but in this instance, why is pelosi and the left adding their pet projects into a relief bill EVERYONE needs? what do her terms have to do with the crisis at hand?

and i bag on those doing the name calling the other way as well. makes people look like jr high is their home. and we wonder why we have such a juvenille attitude in office.

it starts with us.

Agree largely...we both get a bit pissy at this :)

Here is where I agree and don’t.

Pelosi has amount in regards to “the slush fund” with inadequate oversight and worker safeguards. They can get all this money and still fire workers. They can buy back shares. This is OUR money...we taxpayers. I want workers to have as much protection as these corporate entities who shared a role In the 2008 recession and again now. They’ve gotten bailouts and attempts to regulate them have been systematically dismantled. I want to know WHO is getting that money and I want jobs and workers protected.

Where I disagree Is adding in the pork, like green energies, but the Republican pork needs to go too, such as attempting to insert pro-life measures into a bill for corona virus funding Or virtually unregulated bailouts.

hey dude, thanks for keeping me honest ;)
you do the same for me. lord knows at times i need it.

for pelosi - there's far too much that has nothing to do with your goals here. how does same day voting stop "corp greed"? how does amnesty for illegals stop corp greed? how does paying off $10k in loans stop corp greed?

i want to be smart about what we do but a lot of stupid got us here. the crisis we're in, as far as i'm concerned, started long ago and the perfect storm of our attitudes towards each other and globalization vs. nationalism have divided us to where regardless of the topic we're going to be on opposite sides and "fight to the death" so to speak on any and all issues.

this leads to making issues where they didn't exist because all we do anymore is fight.

if the right is trying to stick in abortion crap into this, then yes it's just as wrong. can you show me where they are doing this? i'll be glad to say STOP IT there too. it's wrong. however i also view demonizing corps as wrong also. we hall have people that work and depend on their income from these places and we need to do our best to keep all afloat and yes, it's going to mean putting $ where we normally wouldn't want to.

i don't see a better way out.

now - the abortion stuff - here's what i see:

i see a lot about it but nothing that says the (R)s are trying to shove it on this relief bill. not being difficult, just want to understand what you are understanding. i read your link but that is saying near as i can tell that pelosi was not using abortion in this instance, not that the (R)s were.

I read it as the Republicans trying to insert the Hyde amendment in when this bill should have nothing to do with it.

I agree with what you are saying about what the House is trying to add (but I will also say it is typical politicking done by both sides, there is a lot of appeasing the base on one side and outraged posturing on the other, and they are interchangeable).

Politico has an interesting comparison of the two proposed bills:

...and what it says is it isn’t as black and white as adding pork.

one example, a USPS bail out...my first thought is why do we need that in a stimulus bill? But...read this:

Saving the Postal Service
Warning that fallout from the coronavirus could destroy the U.S. Postal Service by June, House Democrats have included $25 billion in emergency funding to keep mail service going, plus language that would wipe out the federal carrier’s current $11 billion debt. The bill would also force the mail service to prioritize medical deliveries.

If we are going to bail out these private corporations why Not our own post office?
How about tax credits for wind and solar? Carbon limits on airline exhaust?

Pelosi's bill is packed full of pork.
I already said that. They all add pork.

uh huh.
Schifty made a bad decision to abuse our government and Constitution in an attempt to destroy the President. He needs to be destroyed as an example.
then arrest and prosecute him if he broke any laws. we really need to go through the system and stop all these short cuts to internet justice.

Fuck off.
Yep, i want his career in political office destroyed and his life ruined. Bankrupt, divorce, kids hate him, etc, everything the left tried to do to President Trump.
Every member of Congress who voted for impeachment should get the same treatment.

Wow. You Trumpists are supporting a one party police state are you? Once again, you show that Trumpists treat the Constitution like toilet paper.
you can speak however you wish, coyote. but when you use "trumpists" you lose a lot of credibility to your argument and you come across emotional fighting for a side, not all of us.

Maybe so, but I'm sick and tired of the constant demonizing from the other side with Demoncrats and DemoRats etc. It seems there are Trumpists and there are Republicans. Not necessarily the same.
maybe. i am also tired of the constant demonization of people. but in this instance, why is pelosi and the left adding their pet projects into a relief bill EVERYONE needs? what do her terms have to do with the crisis at hand?

and i bag on those doing the name calling the other way as well. makes people look like jr high is their home. and we wonder why we have such a juvenille attitude in office.

it starts with us.

Pelosi has amount in regards to “the slush fund” with inadequate oversight and worker safeguards. They can get all this money and still fire workers. They can buy back shares. This is OUR money...we taxpayers. I want workers to have as much protection as these corporate entities who shared a role In the 2008 recession and again now. They’ve gotten bailouts and attempts to regulate them have been systematically dismantled. I want to know WHO is getting that money and I want jobs and workers protected.

Where I disagree Is adding in the pork, like green energies, but the Republican pork needs to go too, such as attempting to insert pro-life measures into a bill for corona virus funding Or virtually unregulated bailouts.

for pelosi - there's far too much that has nothing to do with your goals here. how does same day voting stop "corp greed"? how does amnesty for illegals stop corp greed? how does paying off $10k in loans stop corp greed?

i want to be smart about what we do but a lot of stupid got us here. the crisis we're in, as far as i'm concerned, started long ago and the perfect storm of our attitudes towards each other and globalization vs. nationalism have divided us to where regardless of the topic we're going to be on opposite sides and "fight to the death" so to speak on any and all issues.

this leads to making issues where they didn't exist because all we do anymore is fight.

if the right is trying to stick in abortion crap into this, then yes it's just as wrong. can you show me where they are doing this? i'll be glad to say STOP IT there too. it's wrong. however i also view demonizing corps as wrong also. we hall have people that work and depend on their income from these places and we need to do our best to keep all afloat and yes, it's going to mean putting $ where we normally wouldn't want to.

i see a lot about it but nothing that says the (R)s are trying to shove it on this relief bill. not being difficult, just want to understand what you are understanding. i read your link but that is saying near as i can tell that pelosi was not using abortion in this instance, not that the (R)s were.

I read it as the Republicans trying to insert the Hyde amendment in when this bill should have nothing to do with it.

I agree with what you are saying about what the House is trying to add (but I will also say it is typical politicking done by both sides, there is a lot of appeasing the base on one side and outraged posturing on the other, and they are interchangeable).

one example, a USPS bail out...my first thought is why do we need that in a stimulus bill? But...read this:

Warning that fallout from the coronavirus could destroy the U.S. Postal Service by June, House Democrats have included $25 billion in emergency funding to keep mail service going, plus language that would wipe out the federal carrier’s current $11 billion debt. The bill would also force the mail service to prioritize medical deliveries.

If we are going to bail out these private corporations why Not our own post office?
The Hyde Amendment is already law, so why would anyone need to stick it in this bill? Exactly the opposite is what Pelosi tried to do. She tried to use the bill to repeal the Hyde Amendment.

uh huh.

Fuck off.

it starts with us.

if we need to, let's put it aside and talk about it "after the crisis"

this to me is simply not a time for either side to be stuffing this shit with their pork salad. identify what can save the most jobs and help the most people and do it.

we can get back to business as usual when times are business as usual.

uh huh.

Fuck off.

Both parties should be ashamed of themselves for not being prepared for this. We had warnings with Ebola and H1N1. Republicans and Democrats are both to blame as well as stupid idiots like Coyote who don't see that.
And stupid idiots like Azog who are incapable of criticizing Trump.

The Buck Stops Here.
Look you evil witch, H1N1 hit in 09. We should have been preparing since. But you blame someone who came into office in 2016. You’re a stupid idiot.

ooooh....ouch. so Trump has had THREE years to prepare and did nothing except try to cut the budgets of the relevant agencies who would be dealing with this? Three years as Commander in Tweet Chief? And he did nothing? Total incompetence and failure of leadership, but always excusable.

You are a typical Trump Cultist. Blame some one else.

The Obama administration walked incoming Trump administration officials through a hypothetical scenario in which a pandemic worse than the 1918 Spanish flu shut down cities like Seoul and London in early 2017, Politico reported.

During the briefing, Trump administration officials were told such a pandemic would likely lead to circumstances such as shortages of ventilators and that a coordinated national response would be “paramount,” according to documents obtained by the publication.
What did the prior administration do sans allow China to make 95% of our antibiotics? What did they do about border security? What did they do about innovation vs spreads of viruses? Trump is to blame but he is not the only one, you stupid idiot. Politico? You have got to be kidding me

uh huh.

Fuck off.

Both parties should be ashamed of themselves for not being prepared for this. We had warnings with Ebola and H1N1. Republicans and Democrats are both to blame as well as stupid idiots like Coyote who don't see that.

The Buck Stops Here.
Look you evil witch, H1N1 hit in 09. We should have been preparing since. But you blame someone who came into office in 2016. You’re a stupid idiot.

ooooh....ouch. so Trump has had THREE years to prepare and did nothing except try to cut the budgets of the relevant agencies who would be dealing with this? Three years as Commander in Tweet Chief? And he did nothing? Total incompetence and failure of leadership, but always excusable.

The Obama administration walked incoming Trump administration officials through a hypothetical scenario in which a pandemic worse than the 1918 Spanish flu shut down cities like Seoul and London in early 2017, Politico reported.

During the briefing, Trump administration officials were told such a pandemic would likely lead to circumstances such as shortages of ventilators and that a coordinated national response would be “paramount,” according to documents obtained by the publication.
What did the prior administration do sans allow China to make 95% of our antibiotics? What did they do about border security? What did they do about innovation vs spreads of viruses? Trump is to blame but he is not the only one, you stupid idiot. Politico? You have got to be kidding me
Silly goober. Did you forget that you lot are the proponents of capitalism and free trade. What, regulate companies and tell them they can‘t send their manufacturing to other countries. Border security has no seat in this arena. It was adequate and it is irrelevant to an epidemic that did not enter this country illegally. You can always close the border.

What did they do? Well, one thing for sure, they walked Trump through it, they forecast the possibility and planned for it. But hey, blame the previous administration for this one’s eff-ups, that is what Trump does.

We were warned in 2017, a week before inauguration day, when Lisa Monaco, Barack Obama’s outgoing homeland-security adviser, gathered with Donald Trump’s incoming national-security officials and conducted an exercise modeled on the administration’s experiences with outbreaks of swine flu, Ebola, and Zika. The simulation explored how the U.S. government should respond to a flu pandemic that halts international travel, upends global supply chains, tanks the stock market, and burdens health-care systems—all with a vaccine many months from materializing. “The nightmare scenario for us, and frankly to any public-health expert that you would talk to, has always been a new strain of flu or a respiratory illness because of how much easier it is to spread” relative to other pandemic diseases that aren’t airborne, Monaco told me.

In an outbreak, the first priority should be to test, isolate, and treat patients. With such needs in mind, in 2014, the Obama administration established a network of Ebola and other special pathogen hospitals equipped to provide the highest standard of care and safety to patients with highly infectious diseases. But funding for the network is set to expire in May and would in any case cover only some of the most advanced hospitals. Many of the facilities that screen, test, and provide initial treatment for infectious diseases are not included in this funding. The government should be strengthening the network and further providing frontline facilities and responders the clarity and protection they deserve.

uh huh.

Fuck off.

The Buck Stops Here.

Silly goober. Did you forget that you lot are the proponents of capitalism and free trade. What, regulate companies and tell them they can‘t send their manufacturing to other countries. Border security has no seat in this arena. It was adequate and it is irrelevant to an epidemic that did not enter this country illegally. You can always close the border.

What did they do? Well, one thing for sure, they walked Trump through it, they forecast the possibility and planned for it. But hey, blame the previous administration for this one’s eff-ups, that is what Trump does.

We were warned in 2017, a week before inauguration day, when Lisa Monaco, Barack Obama’s outgoing homeland-security adviser, gathered with Donald Trump’s incoming national-security officials and conducted an exercise modeled on the administration’s experiences with outbreaks of swine flu, Ebola, and Zika. The simulation explored how the U.S. government should respond to a flu pandemic that halts international travel, upends global supply chains, tanks the stock market, and burdens health-care systems—all with a vaccine many months from materializing. “The nightmare scenario for us, and frankly to any public-health expert that you would talk to, has always been a new strain of flu or a respiratory illness because of how much easier it is to spread” relative to other pandemic diseases that aren’t airborne, Monaco told me.

In an outbreak, the first priority should be to test, isolate, and treat patients. With such needs in mind, in 2014, the Obama administration established a network of Ebola and other special pathogen hospitals equipped to provide the highest standard of care and safety to patients with highly infectious diseases. But funding for the network is set to expire in May and would in any case cover only some of the most advanced hospitals. Many of the facilities that screen, test, and provide initial treatment for infectious diseases are not included in this funding. The government should be strengthening the network and further providing frontline facilities and responders the clarity and protection they deserve.
They did? They warned Trump? And you have a bridge in NY to sell me? What does this have to do with reliance on China? Only Trump mentioned that. I did not hear one Democrat candidate mention it. Not one. How about border security an not allowing illegals who may be carrying diseases just waltz into the US? Didn’t hear the Democrats mention that either. How about instead of wasting time with the idiotic impeachment and using that time to protect the country from threats such as viruses? You are such a Stupid Idiot. Trumps approval rating is 55% on how he is handling this situation. The 45% who don’t like it are stupid idiots like you. If we cannot even agree that China is the root cause of this then how the hell can we be ready for future viruses? Bird Flu, Sars, COVID 19, how many more do we need? You stupid idiot.

uh huh.

Fuck off.

The Buck Stops Here.

You're so full of shit. Over 12,000 Americans died from H1N1.

uh huh.

Fuck off.

The Buck Stops Here.

I've seen numbers up to 19,000. We had 80,000 flu deaths last year.

uh huh.

Fuck off.

The Buck Stops Here.

They did? They warned Trump? And you have a bridge in NY to sell me? What does this have to do with reliance on China? Only Trump mentioned that. I did not hear one Democrat candidate mention it. Not one. How about border security an not allowing illegals who may be carrying diseases just waltz into the US? Didn’t hear the Democrats mention that either. How about instead of wasting time with the idiotic impeachment and using that time to protect the country from threats such as viruses? You are such a Stupid Idiot. Trumps approval rating is 55% on how he is handling this situation. The 45% who don’t like it are stupid idiots like you. If we cannot even agree that China is the root cause of this then how the hell can we be ready for future viruses? Bird Flu, Sars, COVID 19, how many more do we need? You stupid idiot.
So how exactly is your retarded but predictably Trumpist rant going to help us in an epidemic that did not come on the backs of illegals? Oh wait. It won’t. But it feels good cause we (Trumpists) hate immigrants. Reliance on China? Hell that has been decades in the planning And what most don’t realize is they are equally tied to us. What is your brilliant plan dude and how will it supply us with hospital beds, healthcare workers in underserved areas, disease research and vaccine development in the event of a pandemic?

Economies are now global. We are never going back to the old nationalist model. Pandora’s box has been opened. That means the way forward is to assess our supply chains and not be too dependent on any one country but that will take years and is likely to be undertaken by the private sector not the goverment. (And in this I don’t blame Trump or any president).

ok. You can go back to blaming Obama and anyone else but Trump who was warned something like this could happen.

uh huh.

Fuck off.

The Buck Stops Here.

Your point?

uh huh.

Fuck off.

The Buck Stops Here.

So how exactly is your retarded but predictably Trumpist rant going to help us in an epidemic that did not come on the backs of illegals? Oh wait. It won’t. But it feels good cause we (Trumpists) hate immigrants. Reliance on China? Hell that has been decades in the planning And what most don’t realize is they are equally tied to us. What is your brilliant plan dude and how will it supply us with hospital beds, healthcare workers in underserved areas, disease research and vaccine development in the event of a pandemic?

Economies are now global. We are never going back to the old nationalist model. Pandora’s box has been opened. That means the way forward is to assess our supply chains and not be too dependent on any one country but that will take years and is likely to be undertaken by the private sector not the goverment. (And in this I don’t blame Trump or any president).

ok. You can go back to blaming Obama and anyone else but Trump who was warned something like this could happen.
Speaking for myself, I know a lot do NOT hate immigrants, but the fact we ignore our laws and processes to allow them in illegally.

It's like someone is getting away with something and it gets frustrating. I believe the overly simplistic "hates immigrants" is as unfair as crap like dems hate America.

But I have found no matter what, that's how some people will always talk to each other. In the end, I just don't get the point of the convo but venting. ANY convo based on extremes, not this convo itself.

uh huh.

Fuck off.

The Buck Stops Here.

Your point?
I believe he had one in 1979, but it faded with disco.

uh huh.

Fuck off.

The Buck Stops Here.

Your point?
Obama was President during H1N1 when over 12,000 Americans died.

uh huh.

Fuck off.

The Buck Stops Here.

Your point?
His point is that you're full of shit.

uh huh.

Fuck off.

The Buck Stops Here.

Weird. Barry and his minions knew we needed ventilators.............AND DID NOTHING TO STOCK UP ON THEM.

Now they want to blame the next guy. Typical Dimsocialists.

uh huh.

Fuck off.

The Buck Stops Here.

I've seen numbers up to 19,000. We had 80,000 flu deaths last year.

When all is said and done. Deaths in the US will be around ~400k I bet.

Forum List

Back