Shall We Stop The Bigotry of Omar?

Jews are Nazis by post #12 ... certainly not a record, but a creditable effort.
Not for nothing, the word antisemitism gets thrown around like a weapon, every time someone criticizes how the Jewish people treat the Palestinians. It is a word that completely stops every possibility of getting an actual nuanced conversation going.

To now act all indignant when I judge them by the history they claim to find so important that they deserve a pass for anything they do now is hypocritical.

The person I responded to felt that he needed to claim that Jews are innocent victims in all this who never target innocent civilians. I rebuked it by examples to the contrary, both in the current flare-up of violence and the past ones.

How do you stop all bigotry? Anti-Semitic views? Anti-Muslim views? Anti-everybody and anybody views? All religions seem to be bigoted against other religions. All religions seem to be bigoted against somebody on non-religious grounds as well.
Why do people think they can

Constituents don’t matter
??? Yes, they do, those are the people that voted her into office and those are the people that will re-elect her next year or vote her out. That's the way representative democracy works, the people in a given district vote for someone to represent them, presumably knowing who she is and what she stands for. And if that's what they want, well that's what they get; unfortunately that means the rest of us have to deal with that choice.

The real problem here is that in the interests of political power the democrat leadership allows her and the other squad members to say and do as they please without repercussions for saying racist things. And nobody wants to piss off the muslims, you don't see anybody bitching about their prejudice against women and LGBTQ people. It's okay to go after a Christian baker, but not a muslim one. IOW, they are cowards.

If you don't want to be called an antisemite, you can do yourself a favor and stop blaming Jews for all the troubles in The World.
I don't blame them for all the troubles in the world. I blame them for forcibly relocating civilians. I blame them for walling off the Gaza Strip, forcibly relocating people there, restricting access for the Palestinians to food, jobs, and water. Responding to every attack in a disproportionate way.

I blame the Palestinians for making the Jews feel this is necessary.

I try to put the blame where that blame is due. But by excusing the faults of the one side because of misplaced guilt nothing will ever change. I've actually been to Auschwitz and other places in Europe connected to the holocaust. All of them are deeply depressing creepy places. To use what happened in all those places as a justification for treating other people even in a tangentially similar way is horrendous.

??? Yes, they do, those are the people that voted her into office and those are the people that will re-elect her next year or vote her out. That's the way representative democracy works, the people in a given district vote for someone to represent them, presumably knowing who she is and what she stands for. And if that's what they want, well that's what they get; unfortunately that means the rest of us have to deal with that choice.

The real problem here is that in the interests of political power the democrat leadership allows her and the other squad members to say and do as they please without repercussions for saying racist things. And nobody wants to piss off the muslims, you don't see anybody bitching about their prejudice against women and LGBTQ people. It's okay to go after a Christian baker, but not a muslim one. IOW, they are cowards.
Constituents don’t vote people in leaders cheat them in

I don't blame them for all the troubles in the world. I blame them for forcibly relocating civilians. I blame them for walling off the Gaza Strip, forcibly relocating people there, restricting access for the Palestinians to food, jobs, and water. Responding to every attack in a disproportionate way.

I try to put the blame where that blame is due. But by excusing the faults of the one side because of misplaced guilt nothing will ever change. I've actually been to Auschwitz and other places in Europe connected to the holocaust. All of them are deeply depressing creepy places. To use what happened to all those places as a justification for treating other people even in a tangentially similar way is horrendous.
You suck at it

I blame them for walling off the Gaza Strip, forcibly relocating people there, restricting access for the Palestinians to food, jobs, and water. Responding to every attack in a disproportionate way.

There is a wall between Gaza and Israel because Gaza (a purely autonomous region under Palestinian control) was sending suicide bombers and commandos by the dozens into Israel. Even with the wall, the 'peaceful' Palestinians still manage to send tens of thousands of rockets into Israel. The Palestinians continue to dig tunnels from Gaza into Israel to launch attacks against Jews (although they often manage to kill Arab citizens of Israel as well).

Despite the continuous attacks, the people of Gaza still receive dozens of truckloads of food, fuel, and other goods from Israel through checkpoints on a daily basis. Palestinians from Gaza can travel to Israel for work and for free medical care. Tens of thousands of Palestinians enter Israel for medical care and educational opportunities every year.

In fact, the only checkpoint into Gaza that doesn't allow food in or Palestinians out is the checkpoint on the border between Egypt and Gaza. The Egyptians have sealed that border and have built a wall even more secure than the wall between Israel and Gaza.

The fact that you refuse to accept that this isn't a one-sided conflict is clear evidence that you aren't interested in the least in a solution. You're only interested in a platform for your antisemitic views.

Curious to see where your Großvater worked?
In Germany, as a forced laborer. My wife's family was called Rosenberg before they changed it when coming to the US. Guess what their religion was?

Seems to me I do accept that fact.

Bottom line is, the Palestinians, and their supporters in and out of the region, have had every opportunity for a fair and equitable settlement to this dispute, and have ... since the Khartoum Agreement of 1967 ... been adamant in their strict adherence to "The Three No's"

No peace with Israel
No negotiation with Israel
No recognition of Israel

Most Arab States have put that intransigent policy behind them. As long as The Palestinians and their supporters cling to this position, Israel will have to protect its citizens -- the Jewish and non-Jewish citizens of Israel.

In Germany, as a forced laborer. My wife's family was called Rosenberg before they changed it when coming to the US. Guess what their religion was?

That's one of the oldest ploys in the world. Not buying it for a second.

I'm sure you know who Ilhan Omar is. She is a US Congressperson, an antisemite banned from Israel.

She is still spewing antisemitic lies from Washington DC for the whole world to hear. What I want to do is remove her from that platform by defeating her when she runs for reelection. It will require funds for a campaign to promote her opponent. We can also provide her opponent with campaign workers. If anyone iis interested in participating in the project, he can reach me at [email protected]. I am an American Jew of Russian descent, a retired CPA and former US Navy Officer. I am 75 YO and live in a suburb of San Diego. Thank you for your time.

PS. It should be her own Democrats who make her behave, but they don't care at all. Someone else must get the job done.
The fact that she was married to her brother at one time, should have been enough to not only get her booted out of congress, but be charged and arrested for a felony.

I'm sure you know who Ilhan Omar is. She is a US Congressperson, an antisemite banned from Israel.

She is still spewing antisemitic lies from Washington DC for the whole world to hear. What I want to do is remove her from that platform by defeating her when she runs for reelection. It will require funds for a campaign to promote her opponent. We can also provide her opponent with campaign workers. If anyone iis interested in participating in the project, he can reach me at [email protected]. I am an American Jew of Russian descent, a retired CPA and former US Navy Officer. I am 75 YO and live in a suburb of San Diego. Thank you for your time.

PS. It should be her own Democrats who make her behave, but they don't care at all. Someone else must get the job done.
AOC's job is to make idiots like Pelosi and Biden appear sane. Omar is doing the same thing.
Democrats always have some extremist punching-bag out there spewing nonsense in an attempt to push us further to the left while the old windbag Pelosi doesn't do a damned thing about it.
It's all by design.

I try to put the blame where that blame is due. But by excusing the faults of the one side because of misplaced guilt nothing will ever change. I've actually been to Auschwitz and other places in Europe connected to the holocaust. All of them are deeply depressing creepy places. To use what happened in all those places as a justification for treating other people even in a tangentially similar way is horrendous.

Then don't blame "the Jews," blame the Israelis. This issue is so tangled up in the history of people, mostly Christians and Muslims, blaming Jews over the course of centuries for just practicing their particular religion, and killing them for that reason only: just for existing. The nazis even built permanent buildings dedicated to the sole purpose of murdering them. I am somewhat partial to Israel because of this history and I can't blame them for establishing a homeland where they can defend themselves and feel safe to practice their religion, particularly in view of the fact that there are still people who want to kill Jews simply because they are Jews. I can't blame Jewish people for being somewhat paranoid as people actually have been out to get them, every grandma and toddler.

I don't agree with everything the Israelis do, but many of the same things are done to people across the globe. The people of Afghanistan, particularly women, are now poised to become the victims of the Taliban once again, for example, complete with house arrest, beatings, denials of education and social life, sexual abuse, and even murder. I'm not sure of the whole history of the people in Palestine and I'm not sure that the Palestinians are even a distinct people, ethnically and religiously speaking. It is my understanding that the post-WWII agreement in the late 40s specified that the land would be partitioned so that these people would have their home in Trans-Jordan, separate from Israel. The partition of India to create the Muslim state of Pakistan occurred at the same time, leading to the largest migration in history. Why did Trans-Jordan not happen?

When and where does this shit stop? I'm thinking that religion is the worst plague ever to be inflicted on the human race.

I'm thinking that religion is the worst plague ever to be inflicted on the human race.

It would be a huge mistake to believe that this nonsense has anything at all to do with religion. It's about power.

Some of the greatest threats to Israel have come from overtly or nominally secular leaders including Nassir, Arafat, Ahmadinejad, and Erdogan.

Arab States and Persia hate each other immensely and always have. Anyone aspiring to be a 'strong man' in the region has to attempt to unify the states around hatred of Israel.

Convincing the Arab Street that you will destroy Israel is a great way to unify the region and consolidate power. Despite many attempts, it has never been accomplished.

It is the Democrat Jews in America that need to ask themselves why they keep writing checks to a party that props up and defends an explicit anti-Semite? I can’t think of a bigger “fuck you”.

Exactly what are the alleged anti-semitic lies Rep. Ilhan Omar is accused of spreading. ... :dunno:
That's the thing I never see. Actual anti-semitic statements from these FEW congress members who do not actively sucks Israel's balls. I think the definition of anti-Semitic may have changed.

“I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is okay to push for allegiance to a foreign country,”

-- Ilhan Omar

Accusing Jews in your country of divided loyalties is a well-worn antisemitic trope. The message is, Jews can't be trusted because they will always be loyal to some imagined Jewish conspiracy rather than their own country.

The Russians, the Germans, the French, and even some Americans have been repeating this nonsense for centuries and it was the instigating idea behind hundreds of pogroms and ultimately The Holocaust.

Forum List

Back