Seventy-two Killed Resisting Gun Confiscation In Massachusetts

asaratis

Uppity Senior Citizen
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2009
Stockbridge
National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.

Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.

Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.”

Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans.

During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.

Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.

Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.

And this fellow Americans, is how the American Revolution began, April 20, 1775.

History. Study it, or repeat it.

FuckOff.jpeg

You be sure to tell me when someone shows up at your door to take your guns, dumb ass.

I am sure you were saying not long ago, tell me when the government makes you wear masks. Or tell me when the government will shut small businesses down.

You be sure to tell me when someone shows up at your door to take your guns, dumb ass.

I am sure you were saying not long ago, tell me when the government makes you wear masks. Or tell me when the government will shut small businesses down.
You're sure of so many things that just aren't true. Can you tell me what I'm saying about you and your ilk lately?

You're sure of so many things that just aren't true. Can you tell me what I'm saying about you and your ilk lately?
Whatever it is, it's bound to be stupid!

That is not a guess.

The American revolution was about British subjects in the Colonies rebelling against the King. There was no right to bear arms or Constitution for that matter. Trying to make a political point about gun rights in the 21st century that relates to the 18th century revolution is disingenuous at best.

Last edited:
The American revolution was about British subjects in the Colonies rebelling against the King. There was no right to bear arms or Constitution for that matter. Trying to make a political point about gun rights in the 21st century that relates to the 18th century revolution is disingenuous at best.
BS on a stick! All men had rifles, pistols and swords back then. Their government was oppressive and demanding even more taxes (without representation). Having the guns is what enabled the start of the revolution. Had they no guns, there would have been no war and no USA. Our founders knew this and precluded its ever happening again by guaranteeing our right to bear arms.

Just how ignorant can one man be?

Interesting take. One difference. I can think of immediately is that the people you call the "military" and the "national guard" did not receive their authority from the consent of the people; they were given it by an overseas government that the Colonists had no say in.

BS on a stick! All men had rifles, pistols and swords back then. Their government was oppressive and demanding even more taxes (without representation). Having the guns is what enabled the start of the revolution. Had they no guns, there would have been no war and no USA. Our founders knew this and precluded its ever happening again by guaranteeing our right to bear arms.

Just how ignorant can one man be?
Most Colonials back then did not own their own firearms. Militia weapons were generally kept in the armory in the center of town, which is where Smith and the Regulars were heading when they got stopped by the assembled militia. They never found or seized the stockpile of weapons because the Patriots had learned of their approach beforehand and had already handed them out.

Also, not to be nitpicky, but these would have been muskets. Rifles didn't show up until Bunker Hill-ish, and pistols and swords were waaaaay too expensive for most people to own.

Your irrational hate is obvious, have you set up an appointment with your Psychiatrist yet?

By the way you have ignored post one and numerous charts completely, which means you have nothing useful to add to the thread.

It is Springtime, why don't you go out and pull weeds and start your garden, the bullshit you produce in the forum will make the plants grow abundantly!

National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed by elements of a para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimate that 72 were killed and more than 200 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement.

Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices. The governor, who described the group’s organizers as “criminals,” issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government’s efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons.

Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early this month between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms.

One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that “none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned over their weapons voluntarily.”

Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government’s plans.

During a tense standoff in the Lexington town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists.

Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces over matched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops.

Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as “ringleaders” of the extremist faction, remain at large.

And this fellow Americans, is how the American Revolution began, April 20, 1775.

History. Study it, or repeat it.
Love it!!

Forum List

Back