Serial Killers: What Serial Killer is the Most Terrifying to You?

Zodiac was never caught. Either he was arrested for some other crime or died. Serial killers should be terrifying because they are so ordinary and kill at random. They can kill many times. I can think of two that step out from the crowd. The Night Stalker, Richard Ramirez and the BTK Killer, Dennis Rader.
..it takes a long time to find them .....yes.....they DO kill many times.....

.I've read much about them...it's very fascinating to read about humans that ''love'' to kill.......why do they do it? and not most others? males mostly.....

..a lot of them had high IQs!!
Kraft = PSYCHO!!

I like the Kraft example. Excellent post with the current political climate. Interesting how he started out as an educated conservative and did well for quite some time. He suddenly switched to extreme left and liberal views later, just before the murderous rampage started, and he descended into a very different state of mind, used drugs, became violent and radical, pedophile, etc. Guess he found a political party which supported the dark side he was keeping in the closet. No conspiracy here you leftards. This is documented and there are plenty of other examples of how you people enable monsters like this to do what they do.

.I've read much about them...it's very fascinating to read about humans that ''love'' to kill.......why do they do it? and not most others? males mostly.....

I dunno, but part could be genetic -- a warrior gene. Richard Ramirez was gross in that the victims who lived described him with bad teeth and rotting breath. His teeth were rotting and decaying due to bad hygiene. The odd thing was his Avia Aerobic shoe was the only 11.5 shoe sold in LA out of six.

13-yr old boy helped catch him

I don't find serial killer in the least terrifying.

You have to die of something.

I'd rather not die violently at the hands of another thank you.

That said I don't really worry about being murdered by anyone let alone a serial killer.

You don't necessarily have to die, but may eat their "burgers." He even describes what they taste like.

Mine would have to be the Zodiac and to a lesser extent Richard Speck.

I was like six or seven at the time and our family visited my dad's best friend and his family near Sacramento, CA. We lived in San Francisco. I quickly became best friends with a son of his the same age as I. They had a large family of four sons and two daughters. I was an only child. His older brothers started talking about serial killers because there was one loose in California called the Zodiac. We just listened because we only glanced at the newspaper stories and watched briefly on the news, but didn't pay attention to them like kids our age would do. For some reason, the evening became chilly so I was closest to their open front door with a screen in front of it. I was too afraid to go over so I said no and for someone else to do it. My friend didn't want to either because he was scared. Finally, one of the older brothers got up to do it and called us babies. However, he said he was a bit chilled after doing it. I think we all got scared and us youngest ones went to a bunk bed and were too scared to do much except pull the covers over our heads and try to sleep.

As an adult, you're more aware if a serial killer is on the loose but you don't think it could happen to you. Here's what's scary though. I thought it would be harder for a serial killer to kill today as information like that would get around fast and what to look for. However, this may not be true as murder cases being solved has dropped to around 62% down from 91% in 1965 -- The most dangerous active serial killers in 2020.

Some of the most terrifying in history:

This guy is sickening:

Speaking of last meals, the state of Texas has eliminated last meal requests for their death row inmates.

If you can't stomach that, then here's something that is more palatable

Albert Fish. Obscure.

And an x'ray if his pelvic area, in which he stuck needles for the pleasure the pain brought him.:
1605720606858.png

Last edited:
Personally I think BTK was one of the most unnerving killers.

Director and producer David Fincher said today that Mindhunter was going to profile him with its last show had it lasted on Netflix. Could the show come back?

I liked that show. And it was pretty clear they were leading up to BTK.

But then again Netflix kind of sucks and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't come back with a new season

Zodiac was never caught. Either he was arrested for some other crime or died. Serial killers should be terrifying because they are so ordinary and kill at random. They can kill many times. I can think of two that step out from the crowd. The Night Stalker, Richard Ramirez and the BTK Killer, Dennis Rader.

Zodiac is my creepiest since I lived in SF growing up and been to those places such as Vallejo and Lake Berryessa. Even worked at HOJ on Bryant St. Worst was the morning biscuits made by the prison cook. You had to dip it in your coffee to eat it since they were so hard. Yet, it was something you missed once you left.

The official LE website is Zodiac Killer - Crimes, Letters, Codes, DNA.

CBS 8 tv station found more likely Zodiac murders which may have started in San Diego area --

Here's the evidence against Arthur Leigh Allen -- Arthur Leigh Allen | Zodiac Killer | Lee.

I thought Arthur Leigh Allen was the guy, but the fingerprint , DNA, and writing did not match. Thus, the case is still open.

..a lot of them had high IQs!!
Kraft = PSYCHO!!

I like the Kraft example. Excellent post with the current political climate. Interesting how he started out as an educated conservative and did well for quite some time. He suddenly switched to extreme left and liberal views later, just before the murderous rampage started, and he descended into a very different state of mind, used drugs, became violent and radical, pedophile, etc. Guess he found a political party which supported the dark side he was keeping in the closet. No conspiracy here you leftards. This is documented and there are plenty of other examples of how you people enable monsters like this to do what they do.

I was reading about which serial killers were the worst in terms of torture -- Randy Kraft was one of them listed. What did he do?

Others were Dean Corll, Randy Kraft, Toolbox Killers, Toy-Box Killer, Albert Fish, Snowtown Killers, Ivan Milat, and Robert Berdella.

Ivan Milat was described as:

"Milat would paralyze most of his victims by stabbing a knife into their lower spines, Apparently, he learned this trick from an army friend who served in Vietnam. After that he would play with them for hours like a cat would play with a mice as they laid there helpless. He would mutilate their bodies, taunt them, sexually assault them, and worse before killing them hours later with a fury of stabbings."

No, you want to have some fear as it will motivate you. Otherwise, even if you are near invincible, you won't be aware of when real danger to you is present. It could be the "this is fine" attitude. IOW, you have an attitude of being invincible or safe when things may not be that way.

Zodiac S340 cipher finally cracked after decades!!!

Wow. This is really amazing. Please watch the video.

Forum List

Back