Serial Killers: What Serial Killer is the Most Terrifying to You?

H.H. Holmes.
I recommend this book:

Screenshot_20201211-174656_Chrome.jpg

Mine would have to be the Zodiac and to a lesser extent Richard Speck.

I was like six or seven at the time and our family visited my dad's best friend and his family near Sacramento, CA. We lived in San Francisco. I quickly became best friends with a son of his the same age as I. They had a large family of four sons and two daughters. I was an only child. His older brothers started talking about serial killers because there was one loose in California called the Zodiac. We just listened because we only glanced at the newspaper stories and watched briefly on the news, but didn't pay attention to them like kids our age would do. For some reason, the evening became chilly so I was closest to their open front door with a screen in front of it. I was too afraid to go over so I said no and for someone else to do it. My friend didn't want to either because he was scared. Finally, one of the older brothers got up to do it and called us babies. However, he said he was a bit chilled after doing it. I think we all got scared and us youngest ones went to a bunk bed and were too scared to do much except pull the covers over our heads and try to sleep.

As an adult, you're more aware if a serial killer is on the loose but you don't think it could happen to you. Here's what's scary though. I thought it would be harder for a serial killer to kill today as information like that would get around fast and what to look for. However, this may not be true as murder cases being solved has dropped to around 62% down from 91% in 1965 -- The most dangerous active serial killers in 2020.

Some of the most terrifying in history:

This guy is sickening:

Speaking of last meals, the state of Texas has eliminated last meal requests for their death row inmates.

If you can't stomach that, then here's something that is more palatable

Richard Ramirez, because I was a kid in LA when he was active there, and we were scared every night that summer before they caught him. We locked our windows, and my parents had all us kids sleep in the same room so they could check on us frequently. It was truly terrifying for me as an 11 or 12 year old. The media didn't help by perpetuating all the devil worship crap about him.

This is kinda creepy. There is more interest in the Zodiac again after the solving of Z340 cipher. It seems that he started killing again in 1986 and 1987 and then wrote letters. He could have killed again and wrote a letter after the release of Robert Graysmith's book brought him back into the public eye since the 1960s.

I do vaguely remember this murders, but didn't know there was a Zodiac letter that came afterward. It could be a copy cat and fake, but it could really be him as the publicity of the book could have set him off.

report2_orig.gif

5m4_orig.png

The next one in 1987 could be related to The Car movie released ten years earlier. I remember the movie, but have no memory of the letter.

1897dear_orig.gif

I don't remember any news of killings related to the movie either.

I just realized that I have 2 degrees seperation from
Sylvia Seegrist (spree killer but always had shown serial killer tendencies), Aileen Wuornos (serial killer), and Hillary Clinton(serial silencer). Out of the 3 mass murderers Hillary is responsible for the most deaths and would scare the hell out of the other 2.

I was like six or seven at the time and our family visited my dad's best friend and his family near Sacramento, CA. We lived in San Francisco. I quickly became best friends with a son of his the same age as I. They had a large family of four sons and two daughters. I was an only child. His older brothers started talking about serial killers because there was one loose in California called the Zodiac. We just listened because we only glanced at the newspaper stories and watched briefly on the news, but didn't pay attention to them like kids our age would do. For some reason, the evening became chilly so I was closest to their open front door with a screen in front of it. I was too afraid to go over so I said no and for someone else to do it. My friend didn't want to either because he was scared. Finally, one of the older brothers got up to do it and called us babies. However, he said he was a bit chilled after doing it. I think we all got scared and us youngest ones went to a bunk bed and were too scared to do much except pull the covers over our heads and try to sleep.

As an adult, you're more aware if a serial killer is on the loose but you don't think it could happen to you. Here's what's scary though. I thought it would be harder for a serial killer to kill today as information like that would get around fast and what to look for. However, this may not be true as murder cases being solved has dropped to around 62% down from 91% in 1965 -- The most dangerous active serial killers in 2020.

This guy is sickening:

Speaking of last meals, the state of Texas has eliminated last meal requests for their death row inmates.

Mine is God. Drowning all those peeps...

This guy is sickening:

It should be "god of the world."

This guy is sickening:

What's the diff, he's still the biggest mass murderer of all time. And it's not even close.

This guy is sickening:

What's the diff, he's still the biggest mass murderer of all time. And it's not even close.

"god of the world" is your leader. Yes, he's still is and will always be the biggest mass murderer of all time even though he's even better at hiding. He has the power of death. I agree its not even close.

Mostly terrified with H.H. Holmes.
He murdered a lot of people during the late 19th century in a castle-like building he had built for him that was all business spaces on the first floor and a boarding house on the 2 floors above. He killed his victims with gas, then cremated them in a furnace he had built for the purpose down in the basement.

Most of the murders occurred during Chicago's Columbian Exposition in 1893. Millions of people flocked to Chicago to go to it, and thousands moved into Chicago believing the Expo would give them work. Holmes was so mild-mannered and inconsequential looking none of his victims ever thought he was a threat. But when he decided to kill someone, they very seldom survived. Most of his failures were due to interruption and gas failures than anything else. He confessed to 27 murders, was executed for 4, and may have committed as many as 200.

This guy is sickening:

Richard Ramirez, because I was a kid in LA when he was active there, and we were scared every night that summer before they caught him. We locked our windows, and my parents had all us kids sleep in the same room so they could check on us frequently. It was truly terrifying for me as an 11 or 12 year old. The media didn't help by perpetuating all the devil worship crap about him.

The creepiest thing about Richard Ramirez is the number of women that fell in love with him. Hundreds of women sent letters, money, presents, to Richard Ramirez. The same thing with serial killer William Bonin and he was gay. Women still adored him.

It is a societal phenomenon that women fall in love with murderers. The more psychotic the killer, the more women love him.

David Berkowitz (Son of Sam). His method of killing complete strangers by shooting their heads with a 44 magnum for no reason at all.

David Berkowitz (Son of Sam). His method of killing complete strangers by shooting their heads with a 44 magnum for no reason at all.
I think he used a 44 special. Something like this Charter Arms 44 bulldog.

1625083120821.png

Forum List

Back