Senator Rubio says U.S. workers get little benefit from tax reform: report

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
'WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican U.S. Senator Marco Rubio, in a move that may undercut his party’s message about the recent tax overhaul ahead of the 2018 midterm elections, told the Economist magazine there is “no evidence whatsoever” the law significantly helped American workers.

“There is still a lot of thinking on the right that if big corporations are happy, they’re going to take the money they’re saving and reinvest it in American workers,” Rubio said in the interview published Thursday.

“In fact they bought back shares, a few gave out bonuses; there’s no evidence whatsoever that the money’s been massively poured back into the American worker.”'

Senator Rubio says U.S. workers get little benefit from tax reform:...

Though I am a fan of lower corporate taxes (not a fan of lower taxes just for the rich), anyone who thought that corporations would pass on their savings to their workers or hire significantly more people clearly has no idea what today's economy is about.
Corporations are at the mercy of the Fed like everyone else. So all they are doing is buying back stocks and giving more money to shareholders...they are not significantly expanding and have not been for about a decade.

And if you say I am wrong...you prove what a macroeconomic ignoramus you are.

Last edited:
'WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican U.S. Senator Marco Rubio, in a move that may undercut his party’s message about the recent tax overhaul ahead of the 2018 midterm elections, told the Economist magazine there is “no evidence whatsoever” the law significantly helped American workers.

“There is still a lot of thinking on the right that if big corporations are happy, they’re going to take the money they’re saving and reinvest it in American workers,” Rubio said in the interview published Thursday.

“In fact they bought back shares, a few gave out bonuses; there’s no evidence whatsoever that the money’s been massively poured back into the American worker.”'

Though I am a fan of lower corporate taxes (not a fan of lower taxes just for the rich), anyone who thought that corporations would pass on their savings to their workers or hire significantly more people clearly has no idea what today's economy is about.
Corporations are at the mercy of the Fed like everyone else. So all they are doing is buying back stocks and giving more money to shareholders...they are not significantly expanding and have not been for about a decade.

And if you say I am wrong...who prove what a macroeconomic ignoramus you are.
This is obviously fake news. I am an American worker and, financially, the tax cuts have significantly helped me.

I also have hired more American workers.

Tiny Rubio has never worked a day is his fucking life.

This is obviously fake news. I am an American worker and, financially, the tax cuts have significantly helped me.

We know the truth. Why pretend something is helping you that isn't?

Rubio voted for it. Now he says it doesn't help. What a creep. He could have been honest from the beginning.

We know the truth. Why pretend something is helping you that isn't?
Yes we know the truth. The truth is that you got a tax cut and refuse to admit it, jackass.

Forum List

Back