Senator Olympia Snow: 'I've Never Seen A Worse Congress'

so balancing the budget is now irrational.. now I've heard it all.

What balanced budget? We're long past the Clinton years. .

Clinton had nothing to do with it - the proper designation would be the "republicans controlled the House" era. :rolleyes: And characterizing the stupidity of raising taxes in a near depression as "just closing some loopholes" is beyond idiotic.

Last edited:
Duhhhhh - ya think? Point flew over your head. There's no point in having a liberal pretend-republican. Instead, Maine should have a real genuine democrat liberal senator, if that's what they want. The GOP needs to purge itself of the RINOs who have caused so much damage to the party, and prevented americans from having a real choice at the polls.

For some unfathomable reason, if you can't have a Republican Senator from Maine (do you even LIVE in Maine) who is a mirror image of your political ideology, even though Snowe usually votes with her Republican caucus, you would rather see the seat move to the Democratic column where the new Senator will probably rarely vote against the Democratic caucus.

Your post is a textbook example of irrational thought.

This is a repeated theme from the leftwing: Palin is crazy, Bachmann is crazy, anything but leftwing policy is crazy, and yet they've practically destroyed the country in two and a half years. But everyone ELSE is "irrational" crazy. :lmao:

There's a lot of crazy people in the world. That's just a fact. It would be nice if the only crazy people "out there" could be easily identified because they're drooling onto a bib. But that's not the way it works.

Just because someone earns a paycheck, functions well, and can navigate through the complex maze of human interactions without getting committed to an asylum, doesn't mean that every thought, idea, or utterance of theirs is reasonable or rational. Some people just have very strange ideas or beliefs that are not supported by reality. That's just the way the world is.

Some politicians on both sides of the political spectrum make ridiculous (as in zany) statements that are mostly meant to posture for some of the crazier people on both ends of the divide. It's irresponsible, but it's not criminal. Some politicians are true believers in things that simply are not true. They're the ones we have to watch out for.

I actually had a conversation this morning at the gym with someone comparing Palin to Bachmann. In Palin's case, she can't seem to string 4 or 5 sentences together in an impromtu forum without sounding like she can't formulate coherent (see understandable) thoughts. That doesn't mean she's crazy. She could just be inarticulate.

But Bachmann? She just says crazy shit all the time. Is she posturing, or is she irrational? I don't know the answer to that question for sure. But I damn sure wouldn't want to take the chance on finding out that the answer to that question was the latter one once she's in power.

Snowe is a liberal RINO who longs fot the days when fake republicans like her predominated and were an auxillary of the democrat party - she's wayyyyyyyyy overdue to be booted out, and conservatives should work to get her out the next time she runs, even if it's voting for her democrat opponent.

She also voted to fund fast and furious.

Good luck unseating her though. Shes an establishment repub.

The RINO establishment is exactly what the Tea Party has taken on, and with lots of success - there's more work to be done, and they can do it. That leftwingers here are rushing to her defense speaks volumes. :D

I think you guys should allowed to marginalize yourselves as much as you want to be marginalized. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Olympia Snowe, in 2012, you'll learn that its time to go.
For running as a Republican, then caucusing and voting with the Democrats, is not such a nice thing to do.
Anne Coulter once gave serious consideration to running in a primary against former Congressman Chris Shays (R-CT), because it was Mr Shays vote that saved Mr Clinton from the fate of being the first President to be impeached.

After hearing Snowe's comments wasn't predictable that the forums's rightwing trolls would respond with rants of RINO, RINO, RINO just the Teabagger that's set to challenge her?

Snowe is a liberal RINO who longs fot the days when fake republicans like her predominated and were an auxillary of the democrat party - she's wayyyyyyyyy overdue to be booted out, and conservatives should work to get her out the next time she runs, even if it's voting for her democrat opponent.

"We don't want Half-bloods, Muggle-borns, and especially Blood-traitors! Pure-bloods only!"

You'd think those who claim "rich envy" would remember that nobody likes the Malfoys, and everybody wants to be a Weasley.

Olympia Snow?

Palease... if we could just get rid of her and the rest of the progressives.. from BOTH sides.

The thing is, you retards want to get rid of a "RINO" because of your stupid partisan hackery to doggedly stick to everything far right and replace a RINO with people of less quality who talk the talk but are nothing, look at her potential "threat," he calls for her to step down, way to go to get her seat.

Snowe is one of the few Senators who gets it. She represents what is best for her constituents first and puts them above party loyalty

Congress used to be full of many Olympia Snowes who put doing whats right above party loyalty. Now all the moderates are hiding ...afraid to say or vote for what they believe in

Olympia Snow?

Palease... if we could just get rid of her and the rest of the progressives.. from BOTH sides.

You want to get rid of Olympia Snowe?

Good......Maine voters would replace her with a Democrat

This is really funny, I don't live in Maine and I am sure not a liberal and I think this congress is a joke, all of them. They are all running for reelection they are not trying to do the will of the voter which I was taught the role of congress. I guess I was taught wrong.

Snowe is one of the few Senators who gets it. She represents what is best for her constituents first and puts them above party loyalty

Congress used to be full of many Olympia Snowes who put doing whats right above party loyalty. Now all the moderates are hiding ...afraid to say or vote for what they believe in

I heard Norm Ornstien say something pretty compelling about a week ago or so. He said that there used to be a big block of moderates in Congress. But now, in large part, the most liberal Republicans are still to the right of the most conservative Democrats. And that, he said, makes finding consensus on issues much more problematic.

Ain't that the truth! And the American public agrees with her from what I've read in the polls.

As if this news wasn't enough, look what her conservative primary challenger, Scott D'Amboise, had to say about Snowe's vote to approve the compromise. She betrayed the tea party by voting for a deal that kept America from being driven off a cliff? That's one of the reasons why the tea party folks popularity is plummeting; they're irrational.

Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-Maine) talked to people in Saco, Maine about the debt ceiling negotiations Wednesday, and lamented the extreme partisanship that characterized the debate this summer.

“I’m embarrassed by all of us,’’ Snow said, according to the Associated Press. “I’ve never seen a worse Congress in my whole political life.’’

Polls conducted after the debt ceiling deal have showed that Americans hold an increasingly negative view of Congress. A New York Times/CBS News poll last week showed Congress' approval rating falling to 14 percent, with a record 82 percent of Americans disapproving of the way Congress is handling its job -- the most since the Times first began asking the question in 1977.

A CNN poll this week showed, for the first time in its history, that most Americans think their own representatives do not deserve reelection.

Snowe, who served as Maine's congresswoman from 1979 to 1995 and has been a senator ever since, is being targeted by the Tea Party for voting in favor of the debt ceiling deal despite the fact that it did not include a balanced budget amendment.

"Just 25 days ago, Republican Sen. Olympia Snowe told us she would vote for a debt plan with a balanced budget amendment," Scott D'Amboise, a conservative Republican who is challenging Snowe for her Senate seat, wrote in the fundraising letter just hours after the debt ceiling vote. "However, today Snowe betrayed us by voting with the Democrats for a debt deal that gives President Obama a blank check in exchange for only token spending cuts and no promise for a balanced budget amendment."

Olympia Snowe On Debt Ceiling Debate: 'I've Never Seen A Worse Congress'

well being one of those hot conservative woman 'Lost Highway 666' seems to think populates the rep party, we should listen to her:lol:

Check the post.

:lol: If you aren't one of the faithful..you are out.

I'm tempted to say that they're bordering on delusional, but I don't think I should use the word, "bordering."

Balancing the budget is delusional? Now I've heard it all

Here's a clue for you. The debt ceiling negotiation didn't have ANYTHING to do with the budget. The debt is past spending. The budget is FUTURE spending.

I heard Norm Ornstien say something pretty compelling about a week ago or so. He said that there used to be a big block of moderates in Congress. But now, in large part, the most liberal Republicans are still to the right of the most conservative Democrats. And that, he said, makes finding consensus on issues much more problematic.

Translation: the RINOs who used to rubberstamp leftwing policy are fading away. :D

Forum List

Back