Senator Mike Braun (R-Indiana) urges Congress to adopt term limits & a balanced budget

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
he wants to run for governor. i hope he doesn't. we need him in the senate. his voice is annoying though, can't listen to him all day lol

Any Congressman is free to not run again after two terms

Why doesn’t Braun lead by example?

He's fighting an uphill battle. Term limits and a balanced budget? How dare him suggest what should have been done long ago

That is a very poor take on this and you know it.

The old axiom "lead by example" would hardly apply here. The vast majority become career politicians long past their best before date and it weakens a nation to have people on the take for interests that aren't in line with their citizens.

That is a very poor take on this and you know it.

The old axiom "lead by example" would hardly apply here. The vast majority become career politicians long past their best before date and it weakens a nation to have people on the take for interests that aren't in line with their citizens.
Congress can balance a budget any time they wish
Why a law?

1. The coxuckers NEVER "not run". They run and run and run and run and run, and then they are 90 and they still run.
2. Braun wants fresh blood and fresh ideas in Congress and the Senate. Fresh ideas, like "Term limits".
3. Better than Old Nancy, Old Steny, and the other R & D "ancients" taking up "time and space" in the House and Senate.

Then again, seeing airheads like AOC makes me wonder how good term limits would be.

The problem with leading by example is all the good ones would quit after two terms leaving the bloodsuckers in office unopposed. Of course many would choose that option because the ones left would be so easy to bribe since they care little for the country and only want to line their pockets with taxpayer dollars.

The problem with leading by example is all the good ones would quit after two terms leaving the bloodsuckers in office unopposed. Of course many would choose that option because the ones left would be so easy to bribe since they care little for the country and only want to line their pockets with taxpayer dollars.

Somehow , the idea seems to be that inexperienced members of Congress are better than experienced ones

If I am satisfied with my Representative, why should I be forced to elect a new one?

Rand Paul, who works for Putin, promised he would only serve two terms. He's breaking that promise, as all Republicans are liars.
They talk the talk when they want to replace a sitting Congress member

But when it comes time to step down after their own term limit ….they find a reason to run again, and again

So Congress seems hypocritical in terms of balancing the budget
No Congress seems willing to do it
I would agree, they are all talk for the people but when it comes down to it, they are out for themselves and will step all over the people.

They talk the talk when they want to replace a sitting Congress member

But when it comes time to step down after their own term limit ….they find a reason to run again, and again
Of course. Who the hell would give Rand Paul the time of day if he wasn't in Congress? He can't make a living as a fake eye doctor. He's unaccredited, because he couldn't pass accreditation. He's a kook with a modicum of power, only thanks to the backwoods hillbillies whom he has conned.

Forum List

Back