Senator Cory Booker introduces bill to legalize marijuana all across America

A nation of drug addicts. That's the way to prosperity!

Alcohol and tobacco are drugs, along with all sorts of things coming out of pharma companies.
Tobacco does not impair the ability to drive. Driving while impaired from pot is a growing concern because pot involved accidents are increasingly deadly.

Alcohol does.

People drink and drive and it's illegal over a certain limit, isn't it? Are you suggesting we ban alcohol?

Is is illegal to drive drunk or drive when you have been drinking. It's already banned. Ban pot the same way. From what I have read, stoned drivers are less likely to get into an accident than drunk drivers, but stoned drivers are more likely to be involved in a deadly accident than drunk drivers.
you got it wrong as usual....
Stoned driving on the rise, but is it as risky as drinking and driving?
As more states legalize marijuana for medical or recreational use, concern is rising about the risk of people getting behind the wheel while high. The latest highway safety statistics confirm the number of drivers testing positive for pot has increased dramatically -- but driving under the influence of alcohol remains a far more deadly threat.
Is It More Dangerous To Drive Under the Influence of Alcohol or Marijuana?
Does Driving High on Marijuana Increase Fatal Crashes?

I've wondered how where it is legal people pass drug tests in employment.

I know at my husband's firm you flunk you're gone

Some employers have relaxed if marijuana found, but nothing else.

Depends on the job. Anyone testing positive for marijuana will be prohibited from driving a commercial vehicle until they go through a drug treatment program.

Yes agreed it does depend on the job. Office workers and some assisted living facilities test but not for marijuana where i'm from.
No discrimination allowed!

Alcohol and tobacco are drugs, along with all sorts of things coming out of pharma companies.
Tobacco does not impair the ability to drive. Driving while impaired from pot is a growing concern because pot involved accidents are increasingly deadly.

Alcohol does.

People drink and drive and it's illegal over a certain limit, isn't it? Are you suggesting we ban alcohol?

Is is illegal to drive drunk or drive when you have been drinking. It's already banned. Ban pot the same way. From what I have read, stoned drivers are less likely to get into an accident than drunk drivers, but stoned drivers are more likely to be involved in a deadly accident than drunk drivers.
As more states legalize marijuana for medical or recreational use, concern is rising about the risk of people getting behind the wheel while high. The latest highway safety statistics confirm the number of drivers testing positive for pot has increased dramatically -- but driving under the influence of alcohol remains a far more deadly threat.
Oh good! Then your pilot can take it and fly! Great news!

No one gets high on tobacco.
its very addictive and very hard to quit and slowly kills you if you are a more than avg smoker.....like you did not know that...
Pot damages the lung more than cigs!
thats debatable.....i smoked a lot in the 70's with a bong,so so in the 80's some in the 90's hardly at all since 2000....had a lung X-Ray 3 months ago because my doctor thought because of that smoking i should have one.....he was amazed at how good it was,he said i would never know you smoked...

Alcohol does.

Oh good! Then your pilot can take it and fly! Great news!
dont be as foolish as tipsy is willow....all i did was prove what she said was not very factual....

its very addictive and very hard to quit and slowly kills you if you are a more than avg smoker.....like you did not know that...
All true. But that isn't the objection. The complaints you have against tobacco you can have against sugar. Marijuana impairs one's ability to think clearly and make sound decisions. That's what's wrong with pot and the potties who use.

Pot damages the lung more than cigs!
thats debatable.....i smoked a lot in the 70's with a bong,so so in the 80's some in the 90's hardly at all since 2000....had a lung X-Ray 3 months ago because my doctor thought because of that smoking i should have one.....he was amazed at how good it was,he said i would never know you smoked...
I posted literature that says differently. BTW did you know that pot is sooooooo much stronger now than when you smoked it?

Alcohol does.

Maybe it depends on who you ask.

Fatal accidents involving stoned drivers soared in Washington since pot was legalized

State's rights and Booker is an asshat
Agreed. Legalizing it nationally doesn't or shouldn't prevent a state from the enacting stricter laws just like they do with alcohol. Back in the day, some states allowed drinking at 18, some at 21. Result? Lots of border liquor stores and bars. God Bless America!
It sucks that you can't buy a six pack on Sunday in Mississippi. That's elected officials imposing their religious beliefs on you.

The least that the Federal govt should do is remove the Federal penalties for marijuana, and hemp.

All true. But that isn't the objection. The complaints you have against tobacco you can have against sugar. Marijuana impairs one's ability to think clearly and make sound decisions. That's what's wrong with pot and the potties who use.
It really fucks with your depth perception too.

Anyone who has ever dealt with addicts has heard every possible argument. Including chocolate is addictive, pot isn't or whatever the drug of choice is.

The addict ultimately must make the decision to quit on his or her own. Until they hit their own bottom they will justify their own addiction.

State's rights and Booker is an asshat
Agreed. Legalizing it nationally doesn't or shouldn't prevent a state from the enacting stricter laws just like they do with alcohol. Back in the day, some states allowed drinking at 18, some at 21. Result? Lots of border liquor stores and bars. God Bless America!
It sucks that you can't buy a six pack on Sunday in Mississippi. That's elected officials imposing their religious beliefs on you.

The least that the Federal govt should do is remove the Federal penalties for marijuana, and hemp.
That's the local population making a vote. If that same local population voted to legalize pot, would you be spouting "That's elected officials imposing their religious beliefs on you"? I doubt it.

Forum List

Back