Senator Britt

Official GOP Response to SOTU Has Republicans ‘Losing It’

Sen. Katie Britt of Alabama gave the GOP response to President Biden's annual address—which got panned by some in her own party.

The freshman senator is considered a rising star in the party. But her speech’s intense tone—with an over-the-top dramatic cadence that was delivered in a kitchen—left political operatives and observers struggling to make sense of it.

In particular, some Republicans watched the high-profile speech with a grimace. A GOP strategist told The Daily Beast that Britt’s performance quickly became a gossip item on Thursday night among Trump-linked operatives—something that could have potential implications for her consideration as a vice presidential pick for Donald Trump.

“Everyone’s fucking losing it,” this Republican said, requesting anonymity to discuss private conversations. “It’s one of our biggest disasters ever.”

“Senator Katie Britt is a very impressive person. She ran a hell of race in [Alabama],” Alyssa Farah Griffin, a former Trump White House communications adviser and Nikki Haley supporter posted on X. “I do not understand the decision to put her in a KITCHEN for one of the most important speeches she’s ever given.”

Olivia Perez-Cubas, the former spokesperson for Haley’s 2024 presidential bid, said in a post on X that while Britt “is incredibly impressive, unsure why she felt the need to deliver the SOTU response from a kitchen.”

Tim Miller, the former Jeb Bush aide turned ex-Republican, called the kitchen setting “creepy” and said it made former Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal’s much-maligned response to Barack Obama in 2009 “look like the Finest Hour speech.”

We feel the same way, Katie. 😬

1709876948237.png

I listened to the “rebuttal” by the Senator. She sounded like Brandi Maxx (google her if you don’t know who she is) running for City Council in Pawnee.

I did love the part about mothers having to figure out how to make dinner...how very Republican...
Where did Biden get the idea her name is Lincoln Riley? He held up a button with her face showing with her true name of Laken? Pretend Trump said that. You Democrats would be all over him. So do it to Biden.

I listened to the “rebuttal” by the Senator. She sounded like Brandi Maxx (google her if you don’t know who she is) running for City Council in Pawnee.

I did love the part about mothers having to figure out how to make dinner...how very Republican...
Why don dems want people to know how to cook?

That’s just it, to lefties a mother making dinner is unfathomable.
They have no clue what a Mother is since a Democrat Justice claimed she has no idea what a woman is. In fact if you see a Democrat who can define a woman, cherish that you met an honest Democrat.

Well if that's the case, then Biden is spot on every day given the whining we see from conservatives.
That was a terrible speech by Biden. It deserves criticism, unless of course you feel it was somehow an oratory wonder. Would you rank that in the top 10 State of Union addresses in your adult lifetime?

she is an emotional wreck and makes no sense. . has probably never been laid.

because without "people" to coo0k for you republicans you will starve.
sorry, i don't understand this response, and it maybe because of the typo in my question...."why don't dems want people to know how to cook?"

Get that stuttering fuck some murder victim trading cards or something. Unforgivable.... even for that fucking disgrace.
........ a stuttering puddle of piss and shit that raped its 11-year old daughter
You gotta love that pairing, Ms Britt, a Handmaiden's Tale bad actress, and one of the forums most articulate MAGA/QAnon'rs.....good poster '2iron".

Let's do one at a time:
First, Ms Britt's performance was a stealth SNL sketch. She's being paid by SNL to write, act, and do the staging for a really remarkable ChickenLittle shrilling. As the spokesperson for the GOP she wonderfully illustrated that their sky is always falling.
I can love bad acting.....and that actress with her breathless doomscrolling was a marvel.

Some say 'scary'.
I say we need more of the QAnon/MAGA's to come on TV like that.
She only needed to be barefoot and pregnant to really add authenticity to her acting.

And then, good poster 2Iron, another of the QAnon/MAGA's that this forum message board showcases. A role model for Republican MAGA's? Their thought-leader?

He often is like Ms Britt, but he uses more fbombs and poop&pee references to illustrate his thoughtful world view. Senator Britt & 2Iron......which one is MAGA? Which one is QAnon?
Does it matter?

I love this bar!
We got winners.....
We got __________....

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Fearmongering is what the right wing does best.
Chicken Little-ling?

absolutely, given the choices he was given, I would much rather not be having people be hung.

Which option would you have taken?

The correct and proper response would have been "none of those".

TARA READE!!!! Biden vs small girls!!!!! He buries his nose in young girls.

Tara Reade appears to have lied under oath about her ...​

1709906723739.jpeg
ResetEra
https://www.resetera.com › Discussion › EtcetEra Forum

May 21, 2020 — The lawyer's departure came after concerns over the expert witness credentials of Ms. Reade, who has accused Joe Biden of sexual assault. www.

Tara Reade dropped by prominent lawyer following reports ...​

1709906696607.png
Business Insider
https://www.businessinsider.com › Politics › News

May 22, 2020 — The attorney, Douglas Wigdor, hasn't said why he dropped Reade as a client, but said he still believes her allegations against Biden.

Teabaggers bury their noses in innuendo and accusations.

Yeah, she wasn't exactly the best choice for a rebuttal.

That they thought she was tells us that we are not dealing with serious people.

I didn't even watch the SOTU address last night because I already knew how it was gonna go down. The people who are really running things feel cornered. And so it was predictable that we were gonna be presented with a combative swamplash type of display, relayed via their ''face'' and a teleprompter.

I went to bed before it even came on. lol...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back