Senate Republicans show a spine

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
100 House Republicans disgraced themselves and signed up to the ridiculous Texas Lawsuit against swing states who voted for Biden
Thankfully, Senate Republicans wanted no part of it

Not a single GOP senator has signed a “friend of the court” brief for the long-shot Texas lawsuit to throw out the results in other states in a bid to keep President Donald Trump in power. And there’s been no coordinated effort to get Republicans on board, according to interviews with more than a half-dozen Republican senators on Friday.

100 House Republicans disgraced themselves and signed up to the ridiculous Texas Lawsuit against swing states who voted for Biden

Not a single GOP senator has signed a “friend of the court” brief for the long-shot Texas lawsuit to throw out the results in other states in a bid to keep President Donald Trump in power. And there’s been no coordinated effort to get Republicans on board, according to interviews with more than a half-dozen Republican senators on Friday.
Well, that's a good sign.

I guess it's tempting to congratulate them, but they have all let this farce get this far. So I'm not inclined to thank people for doing what is obviously the right thing.

Should election laws be faithfully implemented and enforced? Are voters rights to equal protection under the law comprised if election laws are ignored or changed illegally?

That is the question before the Court. Hopefully they will have the balls to do their job. However, I am not confident that will happen. If so, we are all fucked.

I guess it's tempting to congratulate them, but they have all let this farce get this far. So I'm not inclined to thank people for doing what is obviously the right thing.

Good to see there is still some sanity in the Republican Party

Problem is for the republicans is Trump is here to stay, and the republicans don’t want to alienate his loyalists, so there’s a delicate balance they have to play, but the line needs to be drawn sooner or later.

Should election laws be faithfully implemented and enforced? Are voters rights to equal protection under the law comprised if election laws are ignored or changed illegally?

That is the question before the Court. Hopefully they will have the balls to do their job. However, I am not confident that will happen. If so, we are all fucked.
States decide on their own election laws.
Time to challenge those laws is BEFORE the election

Oops....they did challenge before the election
The challenge was rejected

If you get away with cheating this time. Trump will be your president in 2024.

It's not sanity. They just know a loser when they see one.

It’s more politics than spine.

Most of those House Republicans represent hard-core, deep red, Trump Country districts – to not sign on to this idiotic suit would be to commit political suicide as they’ll be running for reelection in two years.

Republican Senators aren’t subject to similar partisan pressures.

States decide on their own election laws.
Time to challenge those laws is BEFORE the election

Oops....they did challenge before the election
The challenge was rejected

False. A Court ruled the Dim Attorney General in Pennsylvania acted illegally and unconstitutionally in changing the election law of her State. Only the legislature may implement or change election law. She was slapped down. The same happened in numerous States.

SOCTUS will need to make a ruling to prevent this from happening in the future.

GOP senators often see themselves as independant owner-operators and the republican party as a trade organization that they owe no obligation to

demo senators are vermin of the lowest order

but they do have a stronger pack mentality

Scientifically, the GOP could not grow a spine since evolution would take billions of years to accomplish that task

All it shows is that are still way too many swamp critters in Washington who put their own interests above their electorate and their nation.

What YOU consider sanity scares the hell out of me.

You're 1-57 in court.

Big Lie.jpg

No, the question is will this conservative Court ignore the will of the people and states’ rights and let Republicans keep the WH.

House members need to win in very specifically drawn regions where extreme members of the majority party there are the majority constituents. Senators need to win election across an entire state.

The math explains this quite well.

Same reason AOC has a house seat.

Forum List

Back