Senate cannot try a private citizen !!!

The chief justice shall preside over impeachment trials of a president.
Just FYI, Trump isn't president, that position is currently held by Joseph R. Biden.

The fact that Roberts refuses to preside over this Fascist politically partisan 'lynching' is a subtle declaration of how it is UN-CONSTITUTIONAL.....not that doing something Un-Constitutional has ever been a concern for Democrats.
Wrong. Roberts won't be there because:
1) Nobody invited him
2) It's for impeachment trials of the president only

What you should ask is, if they started the trial while Trump was still in office, with Roberts sitting, came noon on January 20th, would Roberts have been free to leave, and Kamala Harris take over?
He doesn’t need an invitation. The Constitution says he is required for a trial.

He knows it is a sham.
No, it doesn't, ya flaming moron. It only says he is required for an impeachment of a president, which Twice Impeached Trump is not -- thank G-d!

Can the Senate now, going forward, hold impeachment proceedings for any former official? Point that out please in the constitution
The house can only impeach officers of the US. So a former official would not be subject to impeachment.

But remember, that's a bar on impeachment, not a bar on the senate trying the impeachments presented to it.

Postman, the two are tied together in the Constitution...

Article 2 section 4 states:

" The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. "

I don't see in there where the Impeachment in the house, is seperated in the Senate...In fact this remedy was constructed to remove a sitting President, VP, or civil officer...NOT to go after a political enemy AFTER they have left office...

If the Democrats truly think that President Trump incited the violence on Jan 6, then at this point their remedy is to send a request to the DoJ for prosecution....What they are doing here is nothing but a clown show.
These idiots don’t care. They are Fascist who only want to go after someone who doesn’t agree with them politically.

Oh, and if they pull this off, it won't stop there, next will be other private citizens trust me....In fact, I can see them coming after regular citizens for the crime of not agreeing with them...But, we are supposedly the fascists....
Yup, you are the fascists and we're going to stop y'all.

Oh? And how exactly are we the fascists when it is liberal progressives in Big Tech censoring, Democrat progressives in here calling for the jailing of their opponents, Democrats in the congress trying to oust members that don't agree with them, and on and on....

Maybe you are not clear on what a fascist is?
Big Tech et al are silencing the fascists who attempted to install a leader who lost a fair, double and triple checked election, and is now threatening punishment to any of their officials who disagree with them I know exactly what a fascist is.

With all due respect, we have a first amendment in this country, and disagreement, or expressing ideas that you disagree with is what makes this country strong...What liberal progressives are doing by silencing others in this country is what fascist regimes do, NOT this country...So, no I don't think you do know what a fascist is...Because facism is exactly what you are advocating.

Correct. Trump is no longer President, so the Constitution has no provision to put him on trial.

The constitution says that the senate will try all impeachments.

They still have an article of impeachment that they have to hold a trial for. They don't have a choice, It's in the constitution.
Not exactly ... the Senate could decide to not hold a trial. But with Democrats in charge, I don't see that happening.

It is, Dummy.

Show me where impeachment is for former Presidents.

Impeachment trials are not for former Presidents either, Halfwit.

You lose again.
You're half right. Impeachments are for President/Vice President, and officers of the US only.

Impeachment trials are for anybody who was impeached.
Wrong. Read the Constitution, you fucking moron. It clearly says that an impeachment trial is for THE PRESIDENT.
LOLOL

Oh look ... the USMB's fucking moron ...is ... being a fucking moron. G'head, fucking moron .... let's see you quote the Constitution stating what you're idiotically claiming.... This will be fun ....

:popcorn:

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.
You're half right. Impeachments are for President/Vice President, and officers of the US only.

Not according to the Constitution. Try reading it.
Dumbfuck, nothing in the Constitution indicates Twice Impeached Trump can't stand trial in the Senate. You're just too brain-dead to know any better.

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.

So, just like the hurt Democrat children in the congress, you're making it up as you go....It won't stand.

No Chief Justice, no legitimate trial.

Case closed.

The Constitution grants the Senate the sole power to try all impeachments, and establishes four requirements for an impeachment trial in the Senate: (1) the support of two-thirds of Senators present is necessary to convict; (2) Senators must take an oath or an affirmation; (3) the punishments the Senate can issue cannot extend further than removal from office and disqualification from holding future office; and (4) in the case of a presidential impeachment trial, the Chief Justice, and not the Vice President or a Senator, is the presiding officer.

rotfl-gif.288736

What a crock of shit.

The Constitution clearly states the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court “SHALL” preside over impeachment trials of a President.

what about “SHALL” confuses you?

Fuckstick Leahy isn’t on the Supreme Court.

The chief justice shall preside over impeachment trials of a president.

Just FYI, Trump isn't president, that position is currently held by Joseph R. Biden.
Correct. Trump is no longer President, so the Constitution has no provision to put him on trial.
Once again. The Senate most definitely can and has. There is precedent

No Chief Justice, no legitimate trial.

Case closed.

The Constitution grants the Senate the sole power to try all impeachments, and establishes four requirements for an impeachment trial in the Senate: (1) the support of two-thirds of Senators present is necessary to convict; (2) Senators must take an oath or an affirmation; (3) the punishments the Senate can issue cannot extend further than removal from office and disqualification from holding future office; and (4) in the case of a presidential impeachment trial, the Chief Justice, and not the Vice President or a Senator, is the presiding officer.

Wrong. Read the Constitution, you fucking moron. It clearly says that an impeachment trial is for THE PRESIDENT.
Article I, Section 2, Clause 5 grants the sole power of impeachment to the House of Representatives;

Article I, Section 3, Clause 6 assigns the Senate sole responsibility to try impeachments;
What part of "When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside" don't you understand? Is Trump President of the United States? Who does the Constitution say the Senate is supposed to try?

Do you actually believe you're fooling anyone?
LOL

Fucking moron -- that's why Roberts isn't presiding over the trial.

Are you ever not a fucking moron?

Ever??? :ack-1:

Democrats are about to do something no self-respecting senator has ever stooped to. They are insisting the election is actually not over, and so they insist on regurgitating its bitterness

Hyperpartisan Democrats are about to drag our great country down into the gutter of rancor and vitriol, the likes of which have never been seen in our nation’s history

Shame on these angry, unhinged partisans, deranged by their hatred of Trump. Shame on those who seek blame and revenge, and who choose to pervert a constitutional process while doing so.

It’s almost as if they have no ability to exist except in opposition to Trump. Without him as their boogeyman, they might have to legislate, and actually convince the public that their policies are the right ones.

This trial is a sham, a travesty, and a dark blot on the history of our country, more than racism ever was

The USSC Justice is REQUIRED by the Constitution to preside over a Constitutional Impeachment.....
That's not true at all. All you just did was to expose your own ignorance. In fact, most impeachments were not presided by the Chief Justice.

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

Dumbfuck, nothing in the Constitution indicates Twice Impeached Trump can't stand trial in the Senate. You're just too brain-dead to know any better.

So, just like the hurt Democrat children in the congress, you're making it up as you go....It won't stand.
LOL

Imbecile, I didn't make that up -- I copied & pasted that italicized text from the Constitution.

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

Imbecile, I didn't make that up -- I copied & pasted that italicized text from the Constitution.

Hey, I didn't call you names asshole...While you may have copied a portion of text from the Constitution, you left out much of it, and distorted the meaning.

They have zero constitutional power or right to do so
Trying T on fake charges is only a “ Soviet show trial “
And I think that the petty democrats are waiting for the majority of the Senate to be democrat to start the procedure.
They already have it in case of a tie, the Vice President breaks the tie. No whichever way do you think Kamala will vote. :rolleyes-41:

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

Hey, I didn't call you names asshole...While you may have copied a portion of text from the Constitution, you left out much of it, and distorted the meaning.
Don't be an imbecile and I won't call you one. I left out nothing that affects that sentence. What part of "ALL" is too confusing for you??

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try ALL Impeachments.

Well, I'm not in Trump's confidence ------- maybe he will! Somebody should, certainly, I agree. It's a wrongful trial, you can't really impeach someone who is no longer prez.
Check out the link in my signature. About 150 conservative and libertarian legal experts disagree with you.
You posted no evidence that they were conservative or libertarian, douchebag.

It is, Dummy.

You lose again.

LOL

Don't be an imbecile and I won't call you one. I left out nothing that affects that sentence. What part of "ALL" is too confusing for you??

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try ALL Impeachments.
What part of " When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside" didn't you understand? Where does is say "former president?"

Forum List

Back