Sen Josh Hawley warns Trump on Supreme Court disappointments: says Trump needs to fix process for picking them, in a swipe at top legal conservatives

If Josh Hawley doesn't like SCOTUS enforcing the law ... maybe he should change the law ... ah, he can't get enough votes ... the tyranny of democracy at work ... damn heathens screw everything up don't they ...

Now I will say this in defense of the court: it is difficult to anticipate in one case all future possible implications. That’s why courts are supposed to leave legislating to legislators. That’s why Article III does not give the United States Supreme Court or any federal court the power to legislate, but only the judicial power to decide cases and controversies, not to decide policies. But I will also say this: that everybody knows, every honest person knows, that the laws in this country today are made almost entirely by unelected bureaucrats and courts. They’re not made by this body.

Why not? Because this body doesn’t want to make law. That’s why not.

That’s because in order to make law, you have to take a vote. In order to vote, you have to be on the record. And to be on the record is to be held accountable. That’s what this body fears above all else. This body is terrified of being held accountable for anything on any subject.

So can we be so surprised that where the legislature fears to tread, where the Article I body—this body—that is charged by the Constitution for legislating, refuses to do its job, courts rush in and bureaucrats, too?

Do not always agree with Sen Hawley, but he called it the way it is.

• Banned
Odds are that Trump won't get another pick.
Ginsburg?

No matter what he isn't getting one this year in an election year. The Republicans set that precedent.
i have some bad news

EXmF_msWoAAn2sZ

New Topics

Forum List

Back