Sen. Chris Murphy wants to investigate Twitter

A key U.S. senator is seeking a U.S. government probe of a Saudi billionaire's investment in Twitter as part of Elon Musk's takeover – in just the latest potential clash with the kingdom.

Comment:
really? really?
The Democrats didn't have any problems when Twitter was censoring Republicans.
Musk will make Twitter a legitimate free speech platform.
That's all those worthless welfare recipients in DC do: investigate

(whatever seems to be against them politically)

I hope voters are massively against them in a few days and forever.

Sore losers, corrupt Demonrats. They all belong in a gulag.
In the End it will be something worse than a gulag

a very hot, foul-smelling (I have heard) place where there is no escape from the kind of nastiness they have wallowed in and promoted on Earth, but now find themselves the recipients of.. You reap what you sow.

see Faustina Diary #741 about what Hell is like

That's all those worthless welfare recipients in DC do: investigate

(whatever seems to be against them politically)

I hope voters are massively against them in a few days and forever.
You nailed. Benghazi 8 or 9 times, emails multiple times, Mueller, and ironically Durham which was a republican investigation investigating a Republican investigation. Lol. You can't make this stuff up.

Of course this is easy to see when it is based on, “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.” ~Mitch McConnell.

Nothing like Republican priorities.

You nailed. Benghazi 8 or 9 times, emails multiple times, Mueller, and ironically Durham which was a republican investigation investigating a Republican investigation. Lol. You can't make this stuff up.

Of course this is easy to see when it is based on, “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.” ~Mitch McConnell.

Nothing like Republican priorities.
I don't get your comments

I don't even get which side you are on..

:dunno:

I don't get your comments

I don't even get which side you are on..

:dunno:
I am talking about all the Republican investigations we have had over the last few years. This was based on your comment...

"That's all those worthless welfare recipients in DC do: investigate"

I was just agreeing.

If they really want to investigate foreign investors, they should investigate the Chinese buying up American farmland.
But, of course, the Chinese have also "invested" in the Democrat Politicians, so that will never happen.
You always ignore the sales when Republicans do it, case in point is Missouri sales of land okayed by a super majority GOP government.

A key U.S. senator is seeking a U.S. government probe of a Saudi billionaire's investment in Twitter as part of Elon Musk's takeover – in just the latest potential clash with the kingdom.

'Today I am requesting the Committee on Foreign Investment — which reviews acquisitions of U.S. businesses by foreign buyers — to conduct an investigation into the national security implications of Saudi Arabia's purchase of Twitter,' wrote Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut on the platform Tesla founder Musk took over.

He was referencing the stake by Saudi investor Prince Alwaleed bin Talal stake in the purchase, as Musk takes steps to oust executives and revamp the platform's moderation policies, following a takeover that drew a legal challenge.

Senator Murphy ---> 'We should be concerned that the Saudis, who have a clear interest in repressing political speech and impacting U.S. politics, are now the second-largest owner of a major social media platform,' Murphy wrote on Twitter 'There is a clear national security issue at stake and CFIUS should do a review.'

Comment:
really? really?
The Democrats didn't have any problems when Twitter was censoring Republicans.
Musk will make Twitter a legitimate free speech platform.
Shouldn't they still be looking for Russian Collusion?

I remember Biden claiming that Republicans wanted to put blacks back in chains.

Was that his way of reaching across the aisle to make America stronger in our enemy's eyes?
Pretty dumb thing to say. Obama's reaction is a bit disappointing as well.

That said, do you think the prevalence of dumb statements like that are not more prevalent in the last few years in the Republican party?

When you look at Obama's poor performance, he was correct.
I thought Obama's performance was pretty good. He did a couple things I didn't like but he pulled the economy up and sustained it pretty much his entire presidency.

What didn't you like?

Forum List

Back