Sen. Chris Murphy wants to investigate Twitter

had to go back to the top of the screen to remember what OP was about

de-rail alert!

Anyway.. Now that Twitter is no longer run by libtards, it will be hated and persecuted and "investigated"

Again, that seems to be all Congress does is investigate and at this time, it's always some dumbass lib "concern" that launches said investigation.. not justice, peace.. businesses being held to some account.. Nope.. it's

Investigate the Enemy, the R party!

Ds get a pass--always!

Pretty dumb thing to say. Obama's reaction is a bit disappointing as well.

That said, do you think the prevalence of dumb statements like that are not more prevalent in the last few years in the Republican party?

Which Republican says as many dumb things as Biden?

I thought Obama's performance was pretty good. He did a couple things I didn't like but he pulled the economy up and sustained it pretty much his entire presidency.

What didn't you like?

He had the weakest recovery ever. What did he do to "pull the economy up"?

Which Republican says as many dumb things as Biden?
Trump for one but I admit Biden says a lot of dumb things, but we aren't necessarily talking about dumb things but divisive things...and Trump takes the gold by a mile in that respect.

He had the weakest recovery ever.

Based on cherry picked economic statistics I am sure. I could probably find some isolated stats that make the great depression look like a good economy.

We had moderate to low but steady growth coming out of the Bush crash for nearly all of the years he was president...and it pretty much continued at about the same rate under Trump...until COVID of course but Trump couldn't have controlled that.

Certainly my 401k prospered. Unemployment was down.

What did he do to "pull the economy up"?
TARP and American Recovery and Reinvestment Act for starters.

A key U.S. senator is seeking a U.S. government probe of a Saudi billionaire's investment in Twitter as part of Elon Musk's takeover – in just the latest potential clash with the kingdom.

'Today I am requesting the Committee on Foreign Investment — which reviews acquisitions of U.S. businesses by foreign buyers — to conduct an investigation into the national security implications of Saudi Arabia's purchase of Twitter,' wrote Sen. Chris Murphy of Connecticut on the platform Tesla founder Musk took over.

He was referencing the stake by Saudi investor Prince Alwaleed bin Talal stake in the purchase, as Musk takes steps to oust executives and revamp the platform's moderation policies, following a takeover that drew a legal challenge.

Senator Murphy ---> 'We should be concerned that the Saudis, who have a clear interest in repressing political speech and impacting U.S. politics, are now the second-largest owner of a major social media platform,' Murphy wrote on Twitter 'There is a clear national security issue at stake and CFIUS should do a review.'

Comment:
really? really?
The Democrats didn't have any problems when Twitter was censoring Republicans.
Musk will make Twitter a legitimate free speech platform.
Funny I bet that senator voted to sell them weapons but Twitter shares are where he draws the line...

Based on cherry picked economic statistics I am sure. I could probably find some isolated stats that make the great depression look like a good economy.

We had moderate to low but steady growth coming out of the Bush crash for nearly all of the years he was president...and it pretty much continued at about the same rate under Trump...until COVID of course but Trump couldn't have controlled that.

Certainly my 401k prospered. Unemployment was down.

TARP and American Recovery and Reinvestment Act for starters.

Based on cherry picked economic statistics I am sure.

Based on GDP. Very esoteric.

We had moderate to low but steady growth coming out of the Bush crash for nearly all of the years he was president...

Yes. Weakest recovery ever.

TARP and American Recovery and Reinvestment Act for starters

TARP happened before the election.

His speech a few weeks ago is one. Uniting us against political violence.

His inaugural address is another.

He united the country at his inauguration and then immediately, and ever since, attacked Republicans.

Which speech? You have a link?

He united the country at his inauguration and then immediately, and ever since, attacked Republicans.

Which speech? You have a link?
The one where the right wing media tried to make it look like a Hitler speech with the red background and stuff.

The one where the right wing media tried to make it look like a Hitler speech with the red background and stuff.

Yeah, that was funny. Who was it supposed to unite?

Which part?

Which part?
People that don't want political violence.

Which part?
So I want to say this plain and simple: There is no place for political violence in America. Period. None. Ever.

People that don't want political violence.

So I want to say this plain and simple: There is no place for political violence in America. Period. None. Ever.

Is that like Trump saying, "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

Last edited:

Is that like Trumo saying, "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."
It is exactly like that. Good catch.

Forum List

Back