Seeds from overseas.

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
I would like to order some seeds from overseas. Is there a site that I can check to see if it's allowed?

I ordered some cactus seeds from Sweden, only to have customs steal them. All I received was an empty box with a form letter saying they were all invasive species.

Believe me, Astrophytim myrostigma Onzuka are not invasive here, or anywhere else.

THis was not the first time I have had the crooks who work in customs steal things, either, so be forewarned.

THis was not the first time I have had the crooks who work in customs steal things, either, so be forewarned.

But why takes seeds? They are not valuable. I bought these two expensive, one of a kind custom handmade pipes from Europe a few years ago, one from Latvia and the other from Poland, and both arrived fine.

Screen shot 2016-04-01 at 3.12.00 PM.png

P4184834.JPG

I ordered some cactus seeds from Sweden, only to have customs steal them. All I received was an empty box with a form letter saying they were all invasive species.

Believe me, Astrophytim myrostigma Onzuka are not invasive here, or anywhere else.

That sucks.

But why takes seeds? They are not valuable. I bought these two expensive, one of a kind custom handmade pipes from Europe a few years ago, one from Latvia and the other from Poland, and both arrived fine.

View attachment 602437
View attachment 602438
These are not living things, so do not go through USDA customs. There was no easy way to confiscate the pipes like there is plants.

All I know is that it has happened to me twice, it was an obvious lie used to confiscate things, the customs involved was in Los Angeles and they both involved cactus and succulents.

I too had ordered some seeds from an Etsy seller that just happened to be in Canada, Customs confiscated the seeds just like Dogmaphone said, I got an empty box with a letter. Though I was told the seller didn't have the right clearance (or permit or license or approval or something like that) to sell in the US and I contacted the seller to let them know

They do their jobs according to the law and you call them crooks???

You're not real smart son.

They do their jobs according to the law and you call them crooks???

You're not real smart son.
Colin, sweetie, I'm sorry to say, but you are completely retarded, and I say that with the full realization that I have just insulted all those with Down's syndrome.

There is nothing in the law that says seeds are contraband.

Colin, sweetie, I'm sorry to say, but you are completely retarded, and I say that with the full realization that I have just insulted all those with Down's syndrome.

There is nothing in the law that says seeds are contraband.
It's nothing to do with contraband.
It comes under the heading of an invasive species.
Many things are forbidden that could destroy the country's ecology. that is one.
So don't attempt to be clever and condescending you dickhead. You don't have the smarts.
It's illegal so suck it up.

Does that sound extremely retarded to you, smart arse. Piss off.

It's nothing to do with contraband.
It comes under the heading of an invasive species.
Many things are forbidden that could destroy the country's ecology. that is one.
So don't attempt to be clever and condescending you dickhead. You don't have the smarts.
It's illegal so suck it up.

Does that sound extremely retarded to you, smart arse. Piss off.
You don't even know what the seeds were, you retarded little shit.

They were cactus seeds of species which are not invasive ANYWHERE much less the Pacific Northwest where I have to grow them under cover.

Damn, you little Stalinist children sure are idiots. You saw it was me. I'm not a fellow Stalinist, so you went after me.

Seeing the likes of you and knowing one of my sons is probably about your age I seriously worry about his future.

Go fuck yourself, you infantile little piece of shit.

You don't even know what the seeds were, you retarded little shit.

They were cactus seeds of species which are not invasive ANYWHERE much less the Pacific Northwest where I have to grow them under cover.

Damn, you little Stalinist children sure are idiots. You saw it was me. I'm not a fellow Stalinist, so you went after me.

Seeing the likes of you and knowing one of my sons is probably about your age I seriously worry about his future.

Go fuck yourself, you infantile little piece of shit.
Go fuck myself is not the answer but if you get a warm inner glow as your only defence, knock yourself out.
The fact is they knocked you back. You are beaten. End of story dickhead.
You've got all the time in the world now to fuck yourself.

Forum List

Back