Second Video Shows ACORN Officials Helping 'Pimp,' 'Prostitute' in Washington Office

When Obama met with ACORN leaders in November, he reminded them of his history with ACORN and his beginnings in Illinois as a Project Vote organizer, a nonprofit focused on voter rights and education. Senator Obama said, "I come out of a grassroots organizing background. That's what I did for three and half years before I went to law school. That's the reason I moved to Chicago was to organize. So this is something that I know personally, the work you do, the importance of it. I've been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, ACORN was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work.”

Organizing for America | Sam Graham-Felsen's Blog: ACORN Political Action Committee Endorses Obama
This post deserves to bumped often.

Taking a group's case is not the same as being a member of said group.
Who said "member?" Stop wiggling the goalposts around polkfan.

Read this:

Barack Obama's Involvement with ACORN Unearthed, Missing Article Recovered | Cleveland Leader

"Worked for" implies active involvement with the group, not handing a lawsuit they were involved in.
I am only slightly dismayed to see you apparently failed to read the article or then, do some more research.

Who said "member?" Stop wiggling the goalposts around polkfan.

Read this:

Barack Obama's Involvement with ACORN Unearthed, Missing Article Recovered | Cleveland Leader

"Worked for" implies active involvement with the group, not handing a lawsuit they were involved in.
I am only slightly dismayed to see you apparently failed to read the article or then, do some more research.

From the article you linked:
"At the time, Talbot worked at the social action group ACORN and initially considered Obama a competitor. But she became so impressed with his work that she invited him to help train her staff." (LA Times, March 2, 2008)

Why would Obama be considered a competitor if he was part of the group?

Yet another busy day for the goalpost crew!

appstate-goalposts.jpg

"At the time, Talbot worked at the social action group ACORN and initially considered Obama a competitor. But she became so impressed with his work that she invited him to help train her staff." (LA Times, March 2, 2008)

"Invited him to help train her staff" is lost on you?

Remember what you said, and prepare to be honest and stand corrected. It was,
The president has no connection to ACORN.
Let's call it what it is and move on to the next thing, howbout?

Remember what you said, and prepare to be honest and stand corrected. It was,
The president has no connection to ACORN.
Let's call it what it is and move on to the next thing, howbout?

Why? You claimed he worked for ACORN. That's simply not true. You're now trying to stretch the meaning of the word "work" to be so broad as to make it meaningless.

Ame®icano;1507171 said:
I am wondering how many tapes Hannah made.
Now we all are. ACORN claims this "scam failed at other locations" and named DC as one of those. This DC one looks like a failure all right, a failure of ACORN to tell these people "we don't suborn illegal activity."

Remember what you said, and prepare to be honest and stand corrected. It was, Let's call it what it is and move on to the next thing, howbout?

Why? You claimed he worked for ACORN. That's simply not true. You're now trying to stretch the meaning of the word "work" to be so broad as to make it meaningless.
The president has no connection to ACORN has been proven false. We can pick nits now over whether he WORKED for ACORN but you already lost this one.

I am enjoying discussion with you, however. Shall we as critical thinkers investigate this further? We both have sufficient web skills to find evidence, from credible sources, correct?

Can we agree now, ACORN needs to be investigated by the Atty General at least?

Remember what you said, and prepare to be honest and stand corrected. It was, Let's call it what it is and move on to the next thing, howbout?

The president has no connection to ACORN has been proven false. We can pick nits now over whether he WORKED for ACORN but you already lost this one.

Look at the statement in context...

I am enjoying discussion with you, however. Shall we as critical thinkers investigate this further? We both have sufficient web skills to find evidence, from credible sources, correct?

Can we agree now, ACORN needs to be investigated by the Atty General at least?

Uhh... I already agreed to that in the other thread. I said investigations had merit, but that leaving them to Congress would be an epic time sink.

Look at the statement in context...
Okay,

The president has no connection to ACORN
That's in context, and it's wrong. Just admit it.

That's not the full context. The full context is your (false) claim that he was an ACORN employee.

CONGRESS is charged with these type of investigations. It is part of their JOB. I want them to do their fucking JOB.

What say you?

Congress investigates each case of tax evasion? Who knew.

That's not the full context. The full context is your (false) claim that he was an ACORN employee.
The FULL context is, you asserting the President had NO CONNECTION with ACORN. That is proven FALSE! The jury is still out on if my assertion in reply is correct or not however.

CONGRESS is charged with these type of investigations. It is part of their JOB. I want them to do their fucking JOB.

What say you?
Congress investigates each case of tax evasion? Who knew.
Let's not be intentionally obtuse. We are not talking tax evasion here, we are talking systemic fraud by an organization that is getting taxpayer monies.

You and I both know those employees cannot be prosecuted on this video evidence. Let's act like the adults we are, shall we?

Why would the firing of two paper pushers at a group merit news coverage?

Wow you really are in denial. ACORN was trained in how to intimidate and beat the system. You just saw two videos where the ACORN advisors counseled this couple in the same manner. The big problem is they are advocating illegal activities. Of course this will not get much play in the news or be reported as two isolated rogue employees. The Dems on Capitol Hill will not allow an investigation on ACORN since it is part of Obama's machine. One thing is for sure, ACORN will be utilizing some of their government funding in training on how to not get exposed by uncover stings.

You're making claims that aren't based on the evidence. For starters, you have no evidence this action was anything beyond the action of rogue employees.

Can you honestly state you are comfortable that ACORN as a whole is a reputable, law abiding organization? Please state what percentage you feel ACORN operates within the means of the law. To assist you in your analysis, let me remind you of the breaking and entering crime committed by an ACORN member last February in which a member was quoted saying....."This is our house now," ACORN member Louis Beverly reportedly said after cutting a lock with bolt cutters at the home.

FOXNews.com - Arrest Made in Home Foreclosure Civil Disobedience Program - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Last edited:
Wow you really are in denial. ACORN was trained in how to intimidate and beat the system. You just saw two videos where the ACORN advisors counseled this couple in the same manner. The big problem is they are advocating illegal activities. Of course this will not get much play in the news or be reported as two isolated rogue employees. The Dems on Capitol Hill will not allow an investigation on ACORN since it is part of Obama's machine. One thing is for sure, ACORN will be utilizing some of their government funding in training on how to not get exposed by uncover stings.

You're making claims that aren't based on the evidence. For starters, you have no evidence this action was anything beyond the action of rogue employees.

Can you honestly state you are comfortable that ACORN as a whole is a reputable, law abiding organization? Please state what percentage you feel ACORN operates within the means of the law. To assist you in your analysis, let me remind you of the breaking and entering crime committed by an ACORN member last February in which a member was quoted saying....."This is our house now," ACORN member Louis Beverly reportedly said after cutting a lock with bolt cutters at the home.

FOXNews.com - Arrest Made in Home Foreclosure Civil Disobedience Program - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

I think there should be an investigation. I'm not willing to claim a group is responsible of systematic criminal activity without evidence, however.

Last edited:

I think there should be an investigation. I'm not willing to claim a group is responsible of systematic criminal activity without evidence, however/
And as I asked you yesterday, How do we get the evidence without investigation?

I think there should be an investigation. I'm not willing to claim a group is responsible of systematic criminal activity without evidence, however/

Who suggested we'd get evidence without an investigation? I did never did.

Who suggested we'd get evidence without an investigation? I did never did.
I never suggested you suggested that.

But yesterday you'll recall, you were on the fence about an investigation, leaning towards the "no" side of it.

Polk: We have four, count them four, ACORN employees in two cities caught on tape doing the exact same thing in the same exact way, like they were TRAINED to do it and have done it many times before. Coincidence? Or training?

Stanley Kurtz On Obama And Madeline Talbott: "He had very close ties to Acorn and in particular to the head of Chicago Acorn. Her name was Madeline Talbot [sic all]. Madeline Talbot was an absolute pioneer of these intimidation tactics against banks, and Barack Obama was selected by Madeline Talbot when he was just sort of a wet behind the ears organizer. She recognized his abilities, and she asked him to train her personal staff. When he came back to Chicago from law school and Madeline Talbot was beginning her campaign against these banks, Barack Obama trained the leadership of organizers in Acorn in Chicago." (Fox's "Fox & Friends," 9/30/08)

Talbott Hired Obama To Train Her ACORN Staff. "ACORN attracted Barack Obama in his youthful community organizing days. Madeline Talbott hired him to train her staff — the very people who would later descend on Chicago's banks as CRA shakedown artists. The Democratic nominee later funneled money to the group through the Woods Fund, on whose board he sat, and through the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, ditto. Obama was not just sympathetic — he was an ACORN fellow traveler." (Mona Charen, "Guilty Party," National Review Online, National Review Online, 9/30/08)

Forum List

Back