Second time I must commend the Biden administration today...

That is correct. I want to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. Don't you? Doesn't every law abiding citizen?
Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion but you're not entitled to your own constitution. The Constitution of the United States of America says that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. It ends it right there - the period after shall not be infringed. There's no comma or semi-colon, there's no "but" or "except".

So, like I said, you can definitely believe that the government should decide who owns guns and who does not, ignoring that for the first 145 years of our nation the Federal Government understood that it could not regulate gun ownership. Just quit pretending to support the 2nd Amendment or the Constitution; you've already proven that you support neither.

Also, since you've agreed with Nancy Pelosi and the Squad that the Government is not bound by the Constitution but, instead, can do whatever you, Nancy, and the Squad want it to do, just don't complain when you get outvoted by the Squad and Nancy and they do far more stuff you wish they hadn't than they do enforcing your authoritarianism.

First it was the executive order on right to repair... Now an actual common sense illegal gun crackdown... Going after straw purchasers is some gun control I can get behind.

this will just turn into targeting gun stores…..stores that follow federal laws but criminals ignore. When they are locking up majority black females, a large number of whom are the straw buyers for gangs, then the cry of racism will start

this will just turn into targeting gun stores…..stores that follow federal laws but criminals ignore. When they are locking up majority black females, a large number of whom are the straw buyers for gangs, then the cry of racism will start
I hope you are wrong.

I can't see how the shop owners can be held responsible for straw purchasers.

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion but you're not entitled to your own constitution. The Constitution of the United States of America says that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. It ends it right there - the period after shall not be infringed. There's no comma or semi-colon, there's no "but" or "except".

So, like I said, you can definitely believe that the government should decide who owns guns and who does not, ignoring that for the first 145 years of our nation the Federal Government understood that it could not regulate gun ownership. Just quit pretending to support the 2nd Amendment or the Constitution; you've already proven that you support neither.

Also, since you've agreed with Nancy Pelosi and the Squad that the Government is not bound by the Constitution but, instead, can do whatever you, Nancy, and the Squad want it to do, just don't complain when you get outvoted by the Squad and Nancy and they do far more stuff you wish they hadn't than they do enforcing your authoritarianism.
I agree that those that have proven that they no regard for felony laws may have also proven they cannot be trusted to be law abiding gun owners.

I hope you are wrong.

I can't see how the shop owners can be held responsible for straw purchasers.

You fail to think like an anti-gunner......the gun shops already do the required background checks, but they are still blamed for gangs in chicago using guns........this task force is simply the opening step into a crackdown on gun stores....they will use illegal straw buyers as a reason to go after the gun stores.....this is the fig leaf....

Going after Straw Purchase has been going on for a long time and the penalty should be severe on the crime committed after the Straw Purchase and then you will see people take the law seriously…

The anti-gunners don't care about straw buyers...they can already catch them.....what drives them crazy are legal gun owners. Legal gun owners own guns but don't use them for crime, so that means the left wing, anti-gunners can't arrest them and take their guns...so now they have to come up with creative ways to get to normal gun owners....the most direct way is to drive gun stores out of business so that the mere act of buying a gun is more expensive, time consuming and difficult....

As to Straw Purchasers? Here is how they are usually dealt with...

America Should Be Prosecuting Straw Purchasers, Not Gun Dealers | National Review

Wisconsin isn’t alone in its nonchalance. California normally treats straw purchases as misdemeanors or minor infractions. Even as the people of Baltimore suffer horrific levels of violence, Maryland classifies the crime as a misdemeanor, too. Straw buying is a felony in progressive Connecticut, albeit one in the second-least-serious order of felonies. It is classified as a serious crime in Illinois (Class 2 felony), but police rarely (meaning “almost never”) go after the nephews and girlfriends with clean records who provide Chicago’s diverse and sundry gangsters with their weapons. In Delaware, it’s a Class F felony, like forging a check. In Oregon, it’s a misdemeanor.

--------

I visited Chicago a few years back to write about the city’s gang-driven murder problem, and a retired police official told me that the nature of the people making straw purchases — young relatives, girlfriends who may or may not have been facing the threat of physical violence, grandmothers, etc. — made prosecuting those cases unattractive. In most of those cases, the authorities emphatically should put the straw purchasers in prison for as long as possible. Throw a few gangsters’ grandmothers behind bars for 20 years and see if that gets anybody’s attention. In the case of the young women suborned into breaking the law, that should be just another charge to put on the main offender.

Read more at:
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/425452/straw-purchasing-america-needs-to-prosecute-it

What other gun control laws do you like? All of them, I presume.
The slippery slope argument is BS. If we implement sane background checks to weed out psychos, that does not mean we're coming to take your popgun tomorrow.

Y'all resistance to ANY reform of gun policy has cost a lot of lives... not unlike your resistance to COVID vaccination. Apparently the QOP is the Party of Needless Death.

The anti-gunners don't care about straw buyers...they can already catch them.....what drives them crazy are legal gun owners. Legal gun owners own guns but don't use them for crime, so that means the left wing, anti-gunners can't arrest them and take their guns...so now they have to come up with creative ways to get to normal gun owners....the most direct way is to drive gun stores out of business so that the mere act of buying a gun is more expensive, time consuming and difficult....

As to Straw Purchasers? Here is how they are usually dealt with...

America Should Be Prosecuting Straw Purchasers, Not Gun Dealers | National Review

Wisconsin isn’t alone in its nonchalance. California normally treats straw purchases as misdemeanors or minor infractions. Even as the people of Baltimore suffer horrific levels of violence, Maryland classifies the crime as a misdemeanor, too. Straw buying is a felony in progressive Connecticut, albeit one in the second-least-serious order of felonies. It is classified as a serious crime in Illinois (Class 2 felony), but police rarely (meaning “almost never”) go after the nephews and girlfriends with clean records who provide Chicago’s diverse and sundry gangsters with their weapons. In Delaware, it’s a Class F felony, like forging a check. In Oregon, it’s a misdemeanor.

--------

I visited Chicago a few years back to write about the city’s gang-driven murder problem, and a retired police official told me that the nature of the people making straw purchases — young relatives, girlfriends who may or may not have been facing the threat of physical violence, grandmothers, etc. — made prosecuting those cases unattractive. In most of those cases, the authorities emphatically should put the straw purchasers in prison for as long as possible. Throw a few gangsters’ grandmothers behind bars for 20 years and see if that gets anybody’s attention. In the case of the young women suborned into breaking the law, that should be just another charge to put on the main offender.

Read more at:
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/425452/straw-purchasing-america-needs-to-prosecute-it
This very typical delusional white-right screed is pure bulldooky. You claim to know what "the Left" is thinking. You do not.

But I know what you're thinking, and why you want those guns... and it ain't about protecting your castle from criminals, is it...

You fail to think like an anti-gunner......the gun shops already do the required background checks, but they are still blamed for gangs in chicago using guns........this task force is simply the opening step into a crackdown on gun stores....they will use illegal straw buyers as a reason to go after the gun stores.....this is the fig leaf....
You're paranoid, like nearly all RepubliQans today.

By your logic if we impose a speed limit of 55, it's just a step toward lowering it to 5. Slippery slope, right? Nonsense.

Background checks have too many loopholes. There are not provisions for stopping people who are obviously unhinged (cf. Adam Lanza). And really why do you need huge magazines, automatic weapons, and such? For hunting? Yeah right, for hunting Democrats, elected officials, blacks, immigrants, Muslims, gays... right?

Don't think we don't know what you're up to. And don't think you won't run into a brick wall.

Ooooh the Squad and Nancy that sure is scary! No, actually it's political hyperbole, like your entire post.

They don't care about the Constitution? What I don't care about is your white-right NRA-twisted interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. And I know you do not want guns to protect freedom, but to shoot Democrats, etc. Don't front.

Forum List

Back