Second time I must commend the Biden administration today...

You realize your increase in bloviation correspondes with a decrease in actual substance.

IOW... peripheral rhetoric you add to artificially bolster your post doesn't increase the strength of your argument...it decreases it.

Where in the Constitution does it give the government the power to infringe on a prisoners second amendment right to bear arms?

You are such a fucking idiot. Seriously.

A felon's right to keep or BEAR arms was not removed. They had the right to be arms; they just didn't have access to them when they're locked up. Are you seriously suggesting that the Founders did not intend that a prisoner should be separated from his guns while imprisoned? Or are you suggesting that the Constitution doesn't allow convicts to be locked up at all so even not having access to their guns is a violation of the Constitution?

It is common law, universally understood, that a prisoner cannot have their guns while they're locked up. You, no doubt, will now start a common law claim for the right to own arms but any such common-law standing was explicitly restricted by the 2nd Amendment.

So, according to you, any right protected, explicitly or implicitly, can be stripped as part of punishment for criminals... and we keep saying felons but we know it's not just felons. It started as violent felons, became all felons, then felons and certain misdemeanors, and then protective orders and then it became anyone who needed help managing their checkbook register. And you're OK with all of that. You fucking communist, anti-gun, anti-2nd Amendment, anti-Constituion asshole.

Just quit lying to yourself and to us. You're a gun controller, through and through.

You are such a fucking idiot. Seriously.

A felon's right to keep or BEAR arms was not removed. They had the right to be arms; they just didn't have access to them when they're locked up. Are you seriously suggesting that the Founders did not intend that a prisoner should be separated from his guns while imprisoned? Or are you suggesting that the Constitution doesn't allow convicts to be locked up at all so even not having access to their guns is a violation of the Constitution?

It is common law, universally understood, that a prisoner cannot have their guns while they're locked up. You, no doubt, will now start a common law claim for the right to own arms but any such common-law standing was explicitly restricted by the 2nd Amendment.

So, according to you, any right protected, explicitly or implicitly, can be stripped as part of punishment for criminals... and we keep saying felons but we know it's not just felons. It started as violent felons, became all felons, then felons and certain misdemeanors, and then protective orders and then it became anyone who needed help managing their checkbook register. And you're OK with all of that. You fucking communist, anti-gun, anti-2nd Amendment, anti-Constituion asshole.

Just quit lying to yourself and to us. You're a gun controller, through and through.
You may find this difficult to believe... but people who are winning the debate don't get angrier and angrier.

Where in the Constitution is that power stipulated?

You admit...it is not.

You're the absolutist. Not me.

This is your argument.

I've just taken it to its absurd conclusion.

The government has the power to punish tried and convicted criminals...

That power includes...by your own admission... the power to infringe on their right to bear arms. That means they also have the power to continue that prohibition as a part of the punishment.

We've been debating the abridgement of 2nd amendment rights of convicted felons this entire time...nothing else.

So the moral of the story is... Protect your personal right to bear arms...don't break the law.

Post 94. You said it's a strawman. That it doesn't matter in this discussion of government deciding who can own a gun. Liar.

It was: you countered an argument I did not make, classic straw man. Since I had realized by then that you had no interest in discussion, only flaming and trolling, I didn't bother to correct your lies.

Yes- the idea you are discussing the issue with any degree of knowledge, reason, or good faith -is- rather funny,

You cannot cite a single crime int he US committed by someone with an assault rifle.
I'll be pedantic like you you now. It depends what you call an assault rifle.
That idiot at SH used a bushmaster 15. Semi automatic weapon used in Iraq.
Hardly a sleepy little pop gun.
He also had a rifle and a handgun.
That's confirms exactly how easily available guns are available. You can't deny that.

I'll be pedantic like you you now. It depends what you call an assault rifle.
Fact remains: No crime has ever been committed i he US with an assault rifle.
You argue from ignorance, dishonesty, or both.
That idiot at SH used a bushmaster 15. Semi automatic weapon used in Iraq.
The only semi-automatic weapons use by the US in Iraq are handguns, shotguns and M82 rifles.
The Bushmaster used at Sandy Hook is none of these.
That's confirms exactly how easily available guns are available. You can't deny that.
How, exactly, again, did Lanza get the weapon he used to shoot up that school?

Give me the facts about them.
You REALLY need to learn how to pay attention, as I already have them to you

20,000,000 AR15s in the US
Over the last 40 years, 17 of them have been used to kill 266 people in mass shootings.
That's 0.425 AR15s per year, killing 6.65 people per year.
Out of 20,000,000 guns.

These facts negate your narrative - you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

You may find this difficult to believe... but people who are winning the debate don't get angrier and angrier.

Where in the Constitution is that power stipulated?

You admit...it is not.

You're the absolutist. Not me.

This is your argument.

I've just taken it to its absurd conclusion.

The government has the power to punish tried and convicted criminals...

That power includes...by your own admission... the power to infringe on their right to bear arms. That means they also have the power to continue that prohibition as a part of the punishment.

We've been debating the abridgement of 2nd amendment rights of convicted felons this entire time...nothing else.

So the moral of the story is... Protect your personal right to bear arms...don't break the law.
You're an idiot. There's no need to spell it out in the Constitution that a person in prison cannot have their guns in prison. That's called common law.

WIth your anti-constitutional thinking, the government can do anything they want and the Constitution is just a suggestion. You're proving yourself to be more of a leftist, more of an American-hater, more anti-constitutional than I had thought.

It was: you countered an argument I did not make, classic straw man. Since I had realized by then that you had no interest in discussion, only flaming and trolling, I didn't bother to correct your lies.

See, you really are the idiot I thought you are and now you prove it. Your post 94 wasn't in response to something I said about you. You quoted a post where I was responding to your cohort, the Missourian. He was the first to support and defend the loss of gun rights by 200,000+ honorably discharged veterans. In post 94 you piled on with him to defend that even though the post you quoted was my quote of the anti-gunner Missourian. Once again, you really are an idiot.

See, you really are the idiot I thought you are and now you prove it. Your post 94 wasn't in response to something I said about you. You quoted a post where I was responding to your cohort, the Missourian. He was the first to support and defend the loss of gun rights by 200,000+ honorably discharged veterans. In post 94 you piled on with him to defend that even though the post you quoted was my quote of the anti-gunner Missourian. Once again, you really are an idiot.
Now you double down. I realize you're not too bright, but this is pathetic even for you.

OK, one more time for the slow kid: I never actually said that. You are now just making shit up.

Now you double down. I realize you're not too bright, but this is pathetic even for you.

OK, one more time for the slow kid: I never actually said that. You are now just making shit up.
Let the readers decide for themselves. In post 94, you said that stripping the rights of 200,000+ veterans was a strawman in the discussion of incrementalism in restricting gun rights... You clearly support the stripping of their rights. You're not only a liar, you're a gun controller, anti-constitutionalist.

Let the readers decide for themselves. In post 94, you said that stripping the rights of 200,000+ veterans was a strawman in the discussion of incrementalism in restricting gun rights... You clearly support the stripping of their rights. You're not only a liar, you're a gun controller, anti-constitutionalist.
You need to now not post unless and until you understand exactly what a straw man is.

Forum List

Back