Second Round of the 2016 NFL Football Playoffs

Brady had a perfect season and blew it against Eli and the giants but that was one of those years he lost in the Superbowl. Let's not forget that amazing year he didn't win a ring. Still a hall of fame year. Bradys already number 1. Don't tell chrisl I said that

PATs might never have got going if not for the phantom TUCK rule against OAK, or snowplow gate, or pass interference vs. Rams, or deflategate, or spying? them? You got to give it up to them. Belechek took off and everyone else seems always trailing nowdays.

Why isn't Ben a hof QB? Or Eli?
They both are
When I look on the list of Superbowl QBs the list of guys with 2 or more is very short.

Sometimes I think that's why I don't root for the underdogs or younger teams. I don't want another team to win a Superbowl before Detroit does. So let Aaron rogers Tom Brady or big Ben win another one. Screw dak Smith or that Atlanta QB. Better luck next year.
I want to see Brady get a fifth ring and put to bed any discussion of who is the GOAT

That wouldn't end the discussion. Montana never lost a SB....never threw a pick in a SB, either. 4 SBs, 4 wins, 11 TDs, 0 INTs, 127.8 rating, even ran for 2 TDs. That kind of dominance in the big game is going to keep the argument alive, even if Brady wins another.

Let's do the math

Montana: Four wins no losses
Brady: Four wins and two losses

Looks like Brady wins. In those two SB he won the AFC championship to get there. Six AFC Championships, Montana Four NFC Championships
Montana does not get credit over Brady for NOT getting to the SB

You can say what you want, I'm telling you there isn't going to be any sort of consensus about Brady being the greatest. He is not far enough above the competition, like Rice when it comes to wideouts. Jim Kelly doesn't get into discussions as the greatest QB ever and he's the only one to lead a team to 4 consecutive SBs. Terry Bradshaw won 4 SBs but he's almost never in the conversation about greatest QBs. How many SBs a QB has been to, or even won, is not the only factor in where they rank all time.

They both are
When I look on the list of Superbowl QBs the list of guys with 2 or more is very short.

Sometimes I think that's why I don't root for the underdogs or younger teams. I don't want another team to win a Superbowl before Detroit does. So let Aaron rogers Tom Brady or big Ben win another one. Screw dak Smith or that Atlanta QB. Better luck next year.
I want to see Brady get a fifth ring and put to bed any discussion of who is the GOAT

That wouldn't end the discussion. Montana never lost a SB....never threw a pick in a SB, either. 4 SBs, 4 wins, 11 TDs, 0 INTs, 127.8 rating, even ran for 2 TDs. That kind of dominance in the big game is going to keep the argument alive, even if Brady wins another.

Let's do the math

Looks like Brady wins. In those two SB he won the AFC championship to get there. Six AFC Championships, Montana Four NFC Championships

You can say what you want, I'm telling you there isn't going to be any sort of consensus about Brady being the greatest. He is not far enough above the competition, like Rice when it comes to wideouts. Jim Kelly doesn't get into discussions as the greatest QB ever and he's the only one to lead a team to 4 consecutive SBs. Terry Bradshaw won 4 SBs but he's almost never in the conversation about greatest QBs. How many SBs a QB has been to, or even won, is not the only factor in where they rank all time.
I wonder how well Aaron rogers would have done playing for the Patriots

I gotta a feeling! Pittsburgh's going to the Super Bowl!
Roethlisberger looked very good.

But so did Matt Ryan.

And so did Aaron Rodgers.

And as always so did Brady.

Dallas lost in a squeaker to GB.

And KC lost in a squeaker to Pittsburg.

The Dallas and KC games were the most exciting to watch, with both of them losing unexpectedly to their under-rated but worthy opponents.

The Falcons' and Patriots' games were both blow-outs and boring.

So now the season-long talk about how great Dallas is/was is finally over.

But the talk about how great NE is has not changed.

Losing the 2 points on a holding call has to sting. If KC can't pull this out, that lineman is going to be the least favorite Chief player the entire offseason. :lol:
Several teams had stupid players making stupid mistakes away from the ball like that. It killed Seattle. It also killed KC. And it killed Dallas.

Someone needs to teach these gridiron monkeys what the rules are and not to try to cheat.

They both are

Let's do the math

Brady had a perfect season and blew it against Eli and the giants but that was one of those years he lost in the Superbowl. Let's not forget that amazing year he didn't win a ring. Still a hall of fame year. Bradys already number 1. Don't tell chrisl I said that
I'm a Giants fan. Brady marched his team down the field with under two minutes left for the go ahead touchdown.......then Eli spun his magic

Brady has won four super bowls, six AFC championships and has been to the AFC championship maybe ten times

They both are

Let's do the math

Want to compare Brady to Montana on total yards, TDs, completions?
Montana had two HOF receivers to throw to. How many did Brady have?
Brady gets five rings and he is GOAT

I gotta a feeling! Pittsburgh's going to the Super Bowl!
Roethlisberger looked very good.

But so did Matt Ryan.

And so did Aaron Rodgers.

And as always so did Brady.

Dallas lost in a squeaker to GB.

And KC lost in a squeaker to Pittsburg.

The Dallas and KC games were the most exciting to watch, with both of them losing unexpectedly to their under-rated but worthy opponents.

The Falcons' and Patriots' games were both blow-outs and boring.

So now the season-long talk about how great Dallas is/was is finally over.

But the talk about how great NE is has not changed.

I pointed out to papa that Seattle was only down 13 at the half and Dallas was down 15. Seattle was closer than you remember just because Wilson didn't pull a comeback. Sorry but Atlanta wasn't having it. But it wasn't a blow out.

Let's do the math

I'm a Giants fan. Brady marched his team down the field with under two minutes left for the go ahead touchdown.......then Eli spun his magic

Brady has won four super bowls, six AFC championships and has been to the AFC championship maybe ten times
He had a perfect season (minus the superbowl). Montana never had one of those. Not even close. What was Montana's best year?

Let's do the math

He had a perfect season (minus the superbowl). Montana never had one of those. Not even close. What was Montana's best year?
I think Montana was 15-1 one year
Those Niner teams were good

Yeah...not having to deal with free agency or a salary cap helped!

So did the recievers coating their hands with Stick-Um and their jerseys with Vaseline!

I am not arguing against Brady as the best ever, I'm arguing that his winning another Super Bowl will not make him the consensus GOAT. There are few of those, usually players who are so far past others it is hard to argue. Jerry Rice is the only one I can think of in football. Gretzky would be the only one in hockey, and even he isn't really a consensus pick for GOAT.

Brady plays in a more pass-heavy time. Brady is 4-2 in Super Bowls. Brady played at the same time as Manning, so he wasn't usually the best in regular season statistics. Brady's teams have been through multiple scandals involving alleged cheating.

He is not far enough beyond other quarterbacks to be a consensus best ever.

I take pleasure in the fact that Brady or Rodgers will not win the SB this year

Forum List

Back