Second amendment, should felons be allowed to own guns?

Basically what WinterBorn is saying that Is if you have a felony your Family deserves to be shot to death because you can’t own a weapon to protect yourself and your family. He’s absolutely repulsive

Have I said that? Really?

I am the one who pointed out to you that black powder weapons are legal for felons to own.
Black powder weapons in Massachusetts are only illegal if the weapon was built pre-1890 and the ammunition was made pre-1890.. understand?

Got a link for that?

Because the info I found (and posted) included replicas of weapons built before 1890.
You have a link? Can I buy Black Powder in Mass without FID or other nonsense?

Quoting forum posts? That is like someone quoting you when asked about 6th amendment rights.

You know, you constantly post about how oppressed you are in Boston. No business opportunities, democrats ruining schools, police breaking up fights, 2nd amendment violations, 1st amendment violations, housing problems ect ect ect.

Why are you still there? If it so bad, and obviously the majority of residents voted for the democrats, why don't you move?
Because I want to fight for America you sick bastard

No you don't. You want to fight for your own edification, and to ignore others.

I despise a liar. And you have shown yourself to be the most prolific liar on these forums.

You are a liar and an attention whore. Nothing more.

Basically what WinterBorn is saying that Is if you have a felony your Family deserves to be shot to death because you can’t own a weapon to protect yourself and your family. He’s absolutely repulsive

I am the one who pointed out to you that black powder weapons are legal for felons to own.
Black powder weapons in Massachusetts are only illegal if the weapon was built pre-1890 and the ammunition was made pre-1890.. understand?

Got a link for that?

Because the info I found (and posted) included replicas of weapons built before 1890.

Quoting forum posts? That is like someone quoting you when asked about 6th amendment rights.

You know, you constantly post about how oppressed you are in Boston. No business opportunities, democrats ruining schools, police breaking up fights, 2nd amendment violations, 1st amendment violations, housing problems ect ect ect.

Why are you still there? If it so bad, and obviously the majority of residents voted for the democrats, why don't you move?

I despise a liar. And you have shown yourself to be the most prolific liar on these forums.

Ignorance is a family tradition? Sad.

Maybe in your family. But it does not explain nor justify the murders of innocents.

Got a link for that?

Ignorance is a family tradition? Sad.

Maybe in your family. But it does not explain nor justify the murders of innocents.

No one is perfect

Well, I'm bummed out at the big game hunt. And that's just mental. I'm not even a felon, yet. This is actually a picture taken today by me, myself, and I.
20200427_174807.jpg
They won't let me buy land, and they won't let me buy guns, since they were able to revoke my rights without cause in their court system. The cops, docs, & DAs just keep right on filing more charges against me in their left-wing animal-rights fanatical court system: mental, civil, and criminal charges, anything that would or could possibly be an additional bar to my right to possess and carry firearms or exercise any of my other Constitutional rights. They got really, really professional with the hunting. You need a professional guide and a mental health background check.

I'm on the fence here. I think if a person is a non-violent felon then yes, they should be permitted. However, then we set a precedent...what about voting? Public office? Security clearances? Professions?
So...we should be careful.

I"m just starting to read this thread and there are 25 pages.. But I may as well jump in with your post.

One of the reasons for the right to keep and bear arms, actually the number one reason, above all that militia and rebellion stuff, is to defend one's life, liberty, family, etc. In fact, standing up to oppressive government is but a subset of defending oneself. If a primary purpose of the Second Amendment was to be able to defend against government, the underlying right to keep and bear arms that the Second Amendment protects is about defending oneself.

So, it's not the right to keep and bear arms that is restricted by the ban on felons owning guns; it's the right to self-defense, to defense of family, to defense of home. It's the right of even the family of the felon to defend themselves or, taken to extreme, the right of the felon to have a family since the family may have to, or choose to, separate themselves from the felon so that they can enjoy their right of self-defense.

Nothing in the Constitution suggests that any protected right can be removed or stripped other than for treason or the right to vote - and even that requires an abstract interpretation.

If a person, having been convicted of a crime, is not to be trusted with a gun then leave them in prison. Having the restriction once they're out of prison works exactly the same way it would for any gun ban for any law-abiding citizen: only the law-abiding will follow the law and the criminals intent on harming the unarmed will have firearms.

And if you consider that far less than 50% of criminals caught illegally possessing guns are ever prosecuted for it, far less than even that if you consider federal prosecutions, then the law provides no deterrence and no protection; it only serves to empower government against the law-abiding.

I’m in the city which is over oppressive, my schools were overrun with illegal immigrants and refugees that added no value to my culture. I fell behind the lines made some mistakes should I be allowed to own a gun to protect my self a family?

Depends on the crime and how long you have been out of jail.

Violent crimes like rape, incest and murder the answer is a hard no!

If the crime is armed robbery or assault with a deadly weapon... Again a hard no!

Domestic abuse that lead you to do time in jail, again no!

It just depends on the crime you were convicted for and the amount of years you have been out of jail.

I say if you have been out of jail for ten years and your conviction was not hard drugs related or some type of crime like I listed then sure you should be able to apply but if you are asking should your right be restored right after you get out?

No!

Now if you are asking should YOU be able to own one?

I would not even allow you to own a water gun!

But that is just me!

I’m in the city which is over oppressive, my schools were overrun with illegal immigrants and refugees that added no value to my culture. I fell behind the lines made some mistakes should I be allowed to own a gun to protect my self a family?

If the crime is armed robbery or assault with a deadly weapon... Again a hard no!

It just depends on the crime you were convicted for and the amount of years you have been out of jail.

I say if you have been out of jail for ten years and your conviction was not hard drugs related or some type of crime like I listed then sure you should be able to apply but if you are asking should your right be restored right after you get out?

No!

But that is just me!
Ok Stalin calm down

I live in a democratic run city which is over oppressive I have many felonies and I have more to come because of how they treat the citizens.. I want a gun to protect my self but can’t.

No one is stopping you from owning a gun but what is stopping you is that you would never own it legally.

If what you write is true and you have many felonies then no you should never be allow to own a firearm and why?

You are a prime example of a mass shooter in the making and why would I write that?

Simple, your thread calling for acts of violence in Boston, so no you shouldn't be allow to own one legally...

I live in a democratic run city which is over oppressive I have many felonies and I have more to come because of how they treat the citizens.. I want a gun to protect my self but can’t.

No one is stopping you from owning a gun but what is stopping you is that you would never own it legally.

If what you write is true and you have many felonies then no you should never be allow to own a firearm and why?

You are a prime example of a mass shooter in the making and why would I write that?

Simple, your thread calling for acts of violence in Boston, so no you shouldn't be allow to own one legally...
Where have a called for acts of violence in Boston?

I'm on the fence here. I think if a person is a non-violent felon then yes, they should be permitted. However, then we set a precedent...what about voting? Public office? Security clearances? Professions?
So...we should be careful.

I"m just starting to read this thread and there are 25 pages.. But I may as well jump in with your post.

One of the reasons for the right to keep and bear arms, actually the number one reason, above all that militia and rebellion stuff, is to defend one's life, liberty, family, etc. In fact, standing up to oppressive government is but a subset of defending oneself. If a primary purpose of the Second Amendment was to be able to defend against government, the underlying right to keep and bear arms that the Second Amendment protects is about defending oneself.

So, it's not the right to keep and bear arms that is restricted by the ban on felons owning guns; it's the right to self-defense, to defense of family, to defense of home. It's the right of even the family of the felon to defend themselves or, taken to extreme, the right of the felon to have a family since the family may have to, or choose to, separate themselves from the felon so that they can enjoy their right of self-defense.

Nothing in the Constitution suggests that any protected right can be removed or stripped other than for treason or the right to vote - and even that requires an abstract interpretation.

If a person, having been convicted of a crime, is not to be trusted with a gun then leave them in prison. Having the restriction once they're out of prison works exactly the same way it would for any gun ban for any law-abiding citizen: only the law-abiding will follow the law and the criminals intent on harming the unarmed will have firearms.

And if you consider that far less than 50% of criminals caught illegally possessing guns are ever prosecuted for it, far less than even that if you consider federal prosecutions, then the law provides no deterrence and no protection; it only serves to empower government against the law-abiding.
I agree that the measures taken by government are almost invariably to strengthen it. However, with regard to a felon. You know the line. We are all endowed with certain inalienable rights...
If you accost me, you are robbing me of those precious rights which I cannot sell away. Therefore, society (government) has determined that you must forgo some of yours permanently.
I don't disagree with it completely.

Try not to pretend you never made asinine threats!

Try not to pretend you never made asinine threats!
Where do you see violence? I never mention violence moron

No!

But that is just me!
Ok Stalin calm down

Says the little boy that denies the Holocaust...

In your own thread you have made it clear the true reason you want a firearm is not as much for protection but to use it against those you disagree with.

You would certainly use it against minorities while claiming self defense when it was you that started the fight.

Also as you claimed with your own words you have many felonies, so no you shouldn't be allow to own a water gun...

You would certainly use it against minorities while claiming self defense when it was you that started the fight.
I’m a minority where I am.. and what’s wrong with confronting things in my community that see as bad?

Not to mention his threats against other posters on the forums.

Not to mention his threats against other posters on the forums.
Link?

Forum List

Back