SCOTUS rules NCAA can't stop student athletes from receiving payments.

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court unanimously ruled on Monday that the N.C.A.A. cannot bar relatively modest payments to student-athletes in the name of amateurism. The decision, based on antitrust law, came as the business model of college sports is under increasing pressure.

There are still things we can all agree on.
You watch all the dirty, shifty recruiting that will go on.

This will turn so crooked.

Funny thing happened. This arrogant college recruit around here and busted up his knee so bad in a dirt bike accident. Real punk ass. They hope he can walk right again...................Serves him right for riding a dirt bike
As opposed to the dirty, shifty recruiting that was already going on? The NCAA has made billions off the backs of athletes, time for the athletes to be able to make some money.
Of course you are correct. But this fly in the ointment will multiply the bull shit

The fuckers get a 4 year ride. Live in Luxury. Have chicks delivered to go. And their fed grapes by a maid for CS

That ain't enough
We may as well remove the “student” part from student-athlete. Free education, free room and board, women all but throwing themselves at these recruits. If anything, hold any money that athlete makes in a fund he/she receives upon graduation (or leaving early). Let’s remember that the vast majority of these athletes won’t sniff the pro level.

What about the Womens NAACP. They should get a big big cut hmmmmm???

Don't want to be racist or sexist or whatever bull shit
If they are charging to watch women’s sports, the women deserve a cut
I'm not sure that is going to be how it works. I think athletes will be able to go out and get their own sponsors and do endorsements and that kind of thing however it doesn't mean they will get paid from the school. Outside of football and men's basketball I doubt you will see athletes get much if any money. I also think your big football and basketball programs will get bigger and better and see only a few schools competing for any championship.

I agree

I think the rich will get richer and the non power conference schools will not be able to attract athletes

But, I think SCOTUS got it right. The NCAA is too powerful and greedy. Time for someone to stand up for the “product”

I'm not sure that is going to be how it works. I think athletes will be able to go out and get their own sponsors and do endorsements and that kind of thing however it doesn't mean they will get paid from the school. Outside of football and men's basketball I doubt you will see athletes get much if any money. I also think your big football and basketball programs will get bigger and better and see only a few schools competing for any championship.
Excellent point. The more you peel this back the more trouble you see

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court unanimously ruled on Monday that the N.C.A.A. cannot bar relatively modest payments to student-athletes in the name of amateurism. The decision, based on antitrust law, came as the business model of college sports is under increasing pressure.

There are still things we can all agree on.
You watch all the dirty, shifty recruiting that will go on.

This will turn so crooked.

Funny thing happened. This arrogant college recruit around here and busted up his knee so bad in a dirt bike accident. Real punk ass. They hope he can walk right again...................Serves him right for riding a dirt bike
It's not already happening that way?

I hope they don't and make it all about them

To me. I wish every woke athlete a career ending injury. That's how much I hate the bastards.....Even worse
Charming.....bench warmer, eh?

To me. I wish every woke athlete a career ending injury. That's how much I hate the bastards.....Even worse
The Jocks gave him Wedgies

Well this will be the Womens NCAA very soon...very very soon
View attachment 504013
View attachment 504014View attachment 504014
Just like the East Germans used to be.

The Jocks gave him Wedgies
Ya think? :heehee:

I was a superior golfer. Great bowler. Good in Tennis. I always liked sports that you don't have to hide behind a team. Where you survive on your talents only. Same with my business career

Any woke athlete I hope fails miserably. But I'm enjoying girlz with balz in your sports...lolol

I hope wokeness ruins womens sports...lol

View attachment 504013
Don't remember you putting me on follow

View attachment 504013
Leftists cheat at everything

View attachment 504013
We frowned on that back then, even called it cheating, today it is okay.

glad to see this, these players have made the universities billions, so they can pay people like Sen Warren half a million dollars to teach one class

the kids have a right to earn

I was a superior golfer. Great bowler. Good in Tennis. I always liked sports that you don't have to hide behind a team. Where you survive on your talents only. Same with my business career

Any woke athlete I hope fails miserably. But I'm enjoying girlz with balz in your sports...lolol

Uh huh.

I really can’t feel sorry for Colleges

NCAA makes billions
Colleges make billions
Coaches make millions

Players get banned for accepting a free lunch

Uh huh.
Now if I was lying I'd say I was a track and football star right. I fucking golfed and played Tennis. we didn't have a bowling team.

In fact our football team may have won 10 games in 4 yrs......lolol..One life rule is to never associate self with miserable losers...lolol

I really can’t feel sorry for Colleges

NCAA makes billions
Colleges make billions
Coaches make millions

Players get banned for accepting a free lunch
I don't disagree with a thing you've said here. But those above people you mentioned will be the real benefactors and you know it

I would be open to a free ride in advanced degrees.

To make it the best. I always felt you have to maintain a 3.2 GPA in a real degree to even practice. Urban studies is a fake degree

Uh huh.
Now if I was lying I'd say I was a track and football star right. I fucking golfed and played Tennis. we didn't have a bowling team.

In fact our football team may have won 10 games in 4 yrs......lolol..One life rule is to never associate self with miserable losers...lolol
Uh huh.

Forum List

Back