SCOTUS rules NCAA can't stop student athletes from receiving payments.

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court unanimously ruled on Monday that the N.C.A.A. cannot bar relatively modest payments to student-athletes in the name of amateurism. The decision, based on antitrust law, came as the business model of college sports is under increasing pressure.

There are still things we can all agree on.

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court unanimously ruled on Monday that the N.C.A.A. cannot bar relatively modest payments to student-athletes in the name of amateurism. The decision, based on antitrust law, came as the business model of college sports is under increasing pressure.

You watch all the dirty, shifty recruiting that will go on.

This will turn so crooked.

Funny thing happened. This arrogant college recruit around here and busted up his knee so bad in a dirt bike accident. Real punk ass. They hope he can walk right again...................Serves him right for riding a dirt bike

Should be interesting.

To me, if you are charging money to watch amateurs, they should receive some of that money.

If you participate in a college sport that does not charge to watch.....they don’t get paid

This reminds me of the Olympics where they used to make billions off of amateurs but denied them even token reimbursement

Funny thing happened. This arrogant college recruit around here and busted up his knee so bad in a dirt bike accident. Real punk ass. They hope he can walk right again...................Serves him right for riding a dirt bike
As opposed to the dirty, shifty recruiting that was already going on? The NCAA has made billions off the backs of athletes, time for the athletes to be able to make some money.

As opposed to the dirty, shifty recruiting that was already going on? The NCAA has made billions off the backs of athletes, time for the athletes to be able to make some money.
Of course you are correct. But this fly in the ointment will multiply the bull shit

The fuckers get a 4 year ride. Live in Luxury. Have chicks delivered to go. And their fed grapes by a maid for CS

That ain't enough

Where it really gets bad is video games.

They can sell a game with an athletes name, number and likeness in it and the game maker and NCAA makes money while the athlete is entitled to nothing

One and done?

You just watch how dirty high school recruiting will get. The steroid abuse already rampant, will be crucifying in high school. But hey. Who gives a fuck about the 99.5% who are basically shitty athletes

This idea was born in Cali by libturds. You know it will turn so crooked.That's what libturds do

Christ you just ruined half the world on your knees to St Fauci. Good Lord you people are so wrong about everything

I direct all my sports insights in what Lombardi and Halas would do. First thing. Any college athlete caught doping, loses all professonal eligibility for life. Caught in High school. Forefit all 4 yrs college eligibility.

That's how Halas would have handled it.

Should be interesting.

To me, if you are charging money to watch amateurs, they should receive some of that money.

If you participate in a college sport that does not charge to watch.....they don’t get paid

Every sports promotion is a business, independent of the type of sport (amateur / pro). With the only exception being something shown on public access. But that aside, This is only going to lead to blurring the line between professionals and amateurs.

Remember when they let pro basketball players into the Olympics. That lead to almost total domination of the game.

To me, if you are charging money to watch amateurs, they should receive some of that money
I can agree with that.

And if you’re getting an education at a $55K a year school you can pay for that privilege, whether you play a sport or not.
It will all come down to your recruitment agreement.

If the school thinks they can get you to come to the school and not offer free tuition, let them compete with those schools who do

What about the Womens NAACP. They should get a big big cut hmmmmm???

Don't want to be racist or sexist or whatever bull shit

If they are charging to watch women’s sports, the women deserve a cut
I hope they don't and make it all about them

To me. I wish every woke athlete a career ending injury. That's how much I hate the bastards.....Even worse

I'm not sure that is going to be how it works. I think athletes will be able to go out and get their own sponsors and do endorsements and that kind of thing however it doesn't mean they will get paid from the school. Outside of football and men's basketball I doubt you will see athletes get much if any money. I also think your big football and basketball programs will get bigger and better and see only a few schools competing for any championship.

I'm not sure that is going to be how it works. I think athletes will be able to go out and get their own sponsors and do endorsements and that kind of thing however it doesn't mean they will get paid from the school. Outside of football and men's basketball I doubt you will see athletes get much if any money. I also think your big football and basketball programs will get bigger and better and see only a few schools competing for any championship.
Well this will be the Womens NCAA very soon...very very soon
1624293627982.png

1624293754218.png
1624293754218.png

Well this will be the Womens NCAA very soon...very very soon
View attachment 504013
View attachment 504014View attachment 504014
That is one ugly dude!

Forum List

Back