Scott Walker - GOP to the core - wants to cut 300 million from colleges and universities

In a presidential election Walker may not even carry his own state. I've lived in Wisk my whole life and if there is a high turnout it won't bode well for his chances so I would assume the GOP will be hard at work passing as many voting laws as possible. Cutting higher education seems a bit stupid. WE need more educated people... more people with college educations so we have less people doing the blue collar lower pay jobs. As far as "communists" and other boogeyman rhetoric...I had four kids go through public schools and I never saw one shred of it. They are all highly successful because they were well prepared to go onto college and get degrees that have enabled them to find higher paying jobs. No need for one to start off at the bottom. That's for losers.

Scott Walker s proposed 300 million higher education cut comes as other states are putting money back into colleges

Gov. Scott Walker’s proposed budget cut of $300 million to the University of Wisconsin System comes as other states, nationally and in the Midwest, have inched up funding for higher education, restoring support lost during the economic recession. More increases are expected in coming years.

scott walker cuts 300 million from colleges - Google Search

-----------------------

Is his plan the Perry plan? To maim public education in his state and then try to get liberals from Blue States to come in and work there? Has it really worked that well for Texas? Number one in minimum wage jobs with no benefits? Is that the GOP goal?

Can anyone tell me, how is this good for the country?

Will this plan help make him president?

The school could cover that indefinitely with abut half the annual increases in their endowment funds. Heaven forbid the school pays it's own way when it is fully capable of doing so.

https://www.supportuw.org/publications/annual-report/financial-report/endowment-funds/

Republican governor Scott Walker of Wisconsin quietly signed a bill that overturned The Equal Pay Enforcement Act of 2009, allowing for easier discrimination and continuing the War on Women.The Equal Pay Enforcement Act was designed to discourage employers from discriminating against certain groups and give individuals, who were discriminated against in the work force, more avenues to press charges against employers who discriminate.
The bill, titled SB202, which Walker signed on Thursday without informing the public, overturns all of that.
Women make 75 cents for every dollar men make in Wisconsin and 77 cents nationally for every dollar men earn.

Scott Walker s proposed 300 million higher education cut comes as other states are putting money back into colleges

Gov. Scott Walker’s proposed budget cut of $300 million to the University of Wisconsin System comes as other states, nationally and in the Midwest, have inched up funding for higher education, restoring support lost during the economic recession. More increases are expected in coming years.

-----------------------

Is his plan the Perry plan? To maim public education in his state and then try to get liberals from Blue States to come in and work there? Has it really worked that well for Texas? Number one in minimum wage jobs with no benefits? Is that the GOP goal?

Good. They should not be funding anything.

-----------------------

It's not surprising, he's a college drop out.

You know, before we all go about condemning Walker, the first question I have is, is this really a "Cut", or is it that it won't increase its budget by as much.

Second question I have is how much is the UW Budget anyway. Well, according to this website, the total budget of the UW system is 6 Billion, of which the state pays 1.2 Billion. So he's essentially calling for a 5% budget reduction.

Any wonder why tuition goes up....
They know the funding will be there.
Tuition goes up with government backed loans. So while pretending to help, they are putting kids in deep debt or not going to college all together. It's a sweet system for the tenured though!
The reason you don't have a link for that is because it's bullshit. Did you get that? It's bullshit.
The bullshit is between you ears trying to function as a brain. It ain't working.

Anyone else can look at tuition rates, government grants and loan involvement and put two plus two together. No one can prove anything to a deaf, dumb, blind moron.

Typical of the Right Wing. The truth really bothers them. So do questions. How many times have we asked them to name a GOP policy from the last 40 years that have helped a majority of Americans. So far, not a single one has even attempted to answer the question. And with good reason.
I've seen that answered here many times so the problem isn't the answers or the board. It's that bowl of oatmeal you have for a brain.

Ah....Scott Walker.
Our next President....
So he can share his failed policies with all Americans?

What is it with Republicans promoting failure?
The economic numbers disagree. Your definition of failure is disagreement with the left and the nation is in the mood for results. And they see the results in Democrat strongholds.

And are we supposed to not notice that the left has a recycled passed over 8 years ago piss poor results as their main candidate? Insulting Walker doesn't make her look better, sorry.

-----------------------

Repubs, especially tee potties, are still very anti-elitist education. They want other countries to take first place on the planet so they fight against jobs, manufacturing and education.

Some RWs are so incredibly stupid as to call teachers "communists".

Lets score your post, lie, lie, lie, and link?

Look at the Repub record concerning education.

And, as for stupid RWs calling teachers "Communists", read post #2, this thread.
look at California's...top 5 to bottom 10 in country....sorry Ludd mostly Democrats responsible for that....
Not sure what you are saying. California, one of the technology and science centers of the world? The place Rick Perry goes looking for skilled and educated workers? What about it?
we were talking about education dean....not industry....back in the 60's-70's cal was a top 5 state for education....look were they are at now....bottom 10....
Best Educated Index statistics - States Compared - StateMaster

Forum List

Back