Scientists Warn Pfizer, Moderna Vaccines May Cause Blood Clots, Too

Some people, I feel, are waiting for time to pass until they take the vaccine.

They prefer that other people be, well, the guinea pigs.

They may decide to take the vaccine after the CDC gives an official approval to one or more of the current vaccines.

The (understandable) hurry to use a vaccine is unsettling to many people.

I assume that such people feel that it is worth it to avoid rushing into taking the vaccine even though they may be excluded from various activities. (As they say, there is a price for everything that we do and do not do. Everyone needs to decide for oneself. No one should be critical of another person's decision. It's a really difficult decision.)

More bad news. Me, I'm not taking any of them.

U.S. and European health officials are scrutinizing the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) and AstraZeneca COVID vaccines for possibly causing blood clots and related blood disorders in vaccine recipients.​
But evidence is mounting that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines cause similar adverse reactions — and U.S. regulatory officials were alerted to that fact as far back as December 2020​
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on Wednesday convened an emergency meeting of its Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) to determine whether to lift a ban on the J&J vaccine. The ban was put in place Tuesday, after reports of blood clots.​
During the meeting, committee members hailed the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines as great alternatives to the J&J vaccine because there were “no safety signals” — suggesting, unlike the J&J and AstraZeneca adenovirus-based vaccines, mRNA vaccines are not associated with blood clots.​
On Tuesday, Peter Marks, director of the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research at the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), said on a call with reporters there had been no reported cases of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) with thrombocytopenia (low blood platelets that can cause dangerous internal bleeding) following Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.​
But Mark’s statement contradicts numerous news reports, recent studies and even a scientist’s warning directed specifically to Marks late last year — it also contradicts data from the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).
Utilizing a search criteria that included reports of blood clots associated with blood coagulation disorders, VAERS yielded a total of 795 reports for all three vaccines from Dec. 14, 2020 through April 1, 2021.
Of the 795 cases reported, there were 400 reports attributed to Pfizer, 337 reports with Moderna and 56 reports with J&J — far more than the eight cases under investigation, including the two additional cases added Wednesday.
...​

he er
The risk is slime....I got Phizer and besides being a little tired the day after my first dose, I had zero issues.

But then again, I am an amazing human
I had a Pfizer shot yesterday; am a little tired today and my arm is "uncomfortable" to sleep on...hence I am awake now. I put in a full day at work though.

Greg

Yep...it creates anti-bodies. Which your body would naturally create if you got the virus.
Right. And those antibodies sometimes have unintended consequences. In the case of COVID, they cause clots.

That is to say, getting COVID, getting the vaccine, both have the capability to cause clots. However, given that the infection is more likely to cause a greater immune response (given it's an ongoing infection that takes time to clear), you have better chances with the vaccine rather than the infection if this particular issue is something you are worried about.
Mate all partisan shit aside; GET THE BLOODY VACCINE!!!! I suggest Pfizer...I had it yesterday. Basically I feel just fine.....touch Joe Biden's leg hairs!!!!

Greg

They may decide to take the vaccine after the CDC gives an official approval to one or more of the current vaccines.

I assume that such people feel that it is worth it to avoid rushing into taking the vaccine even though they may be excluded from various activities. (As they say, there is a price for everything that we do and do not do. Everyone needs to decide for oneself. No one should be critical of another person's decision. It's a really difficult decision.)
"Some people, I feel, are waiting for time to pass until they take the vaccine."...you BETCHA!! I did. I want to thank the millions who got their shots before yesterday as they informed my choice.

Greg

Yep...it creates anti-bodies. Which your body would naturally create if you got the virus.
Right. And those antibodies sometimes have unintended consequences. In the case of COVID, they cause clots.

That is to say, getting COVID, getting the vaccine, both have the capability to cause clots. However, given that the infection is more likely to cause a greater immune response (given it's an ongoing infection that takes time to clear), you have better chances with the vaccine rather than the infection if this particular issue is something you are worried about.
Mate all partisan shit aside; GET THE BLOODY VACCINE!!!! I suggest Pfizer...I had it yesterday. Basically I feel just fine.....touch Joe Biden's leg hairs!!!!

Greg
Pretending as if there won’t be any side effects to the vaccine is wrong. There will and we won’t know about all of it for a long time.

But those side effects are mostly because of the nature of COVID itself. Getting the vaccine is dramatically safer than getting the infection.

Yeah, I'm one of those people who are cautious in spite of being 61 years old with comorbidity. I could have gotten it a couple months ago. This in spite of having a medical expert in my family that I mentioned earlier who assured me of the vaccines safety.

Now, if we had the policy in our country that once you are totally vaccinated, you no longer have to wear a mask and go back to living normal, I would have gotten it earlier. But between Dementia and our RINO governor, you get the shot and your life will not get any better. To me that's a bummer.

There is no study that shows people who got blood clots after getting the vaccine was because of the vaccine.

Greg
Pretending as if there won’t be any side effects to the vaccine is wrong. There will and we won’t know about all of it for a long time.

But those side effects are mostly because of the nature of COVID itself. Getting the vaccine is dramatically safer than getting the infection.
I can only suggest that anyone pretending ALL VACCINES ARE PERFECTLY SAFE is frankly wrong BIGLY. They are not. I am on record as saying that people take the vaccine issue too lightly and should be careful even to the extent of being allergy tested for the solvents. But yes; the risk is LOW for Pfizer. Any guarantee? No; of course not. Any guarantee you'll survive Covid?? Also, of course not. Talk it over with your Doctor...but MY advice is to take it. Either way; I frankly don't give a damn. ...and nor should I.

Greg

There is no study that shows people who got blood clots after getting the vaccine was because of the vaccine.
Evidence suggests it is the case. It meets a number of Hill criteria including and especially biological consistency.
Hmmm..
"
  • Reports of adverse events following the use of J&J/Janssen vaccine suggest an increased risk of a rare adverse event called thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS). Nearly all reports of this serious condition, which involves blood clots with low platelets, have been in adult women younger than 50 years old.
  • A review of all available data at this time shows that the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine’s known and potential benefits outweigh its known and potential risks.".........................I think bad reactions to Covid are MUCH more common. ..about 1 death in 64 cases in the US. One case per MILLION deaths with the vaccine reaction? You got any accurate figures?
Greg

Greg

??? Feeling fine is not the same as being totally unaffected. I have stated that my symptoms are very MILD...less than my reaction to Flu shots.

Greg

Yeah, I'm one of those people who are cautious in spite of being 61 years old with comorbidity. I could have gotten it a couple months ago. This in spite of having a medical expert in my family that I mentioned earlier who assured me of the vaccines safety.

Now, if we had the policy in our country that once you are totally vaccinated, you no longer have to wear a mask and go back to living normal, I would have gotten it earlier. But between Dementia and our RINO governor, you get the shot and your life will not get any better. To me that's a bummer.
Dementia??? Oh; you mean that Demented walking death rattle Biden...my bad!!!

Greg

What was the ratio: one to a million? The vaccination could save your life. The cost benefits analysis is so good. How many of you would not do a life-saving heart operation if the ration one to a hundred, if you knew you would die without it?

They may decide to take the vaccine after the CDC gives an official approval to one or more of the current vaccin

You struggle with understanding why many people do not want to participate in a clinical trial of the long term effects of a new experimental treatment that hijacks your genetic system to instruct your body to make a foreign protein that triggers an immune system response that probably helps your body fight a Covid infection but probably doesn't prevent an infection and isn't proven to stop you from infecting others and might need a booster every year? Yes, mysterious indeed.

They may decide to take the vaccine after the CDC gives an official approval to one or more of the current vaccin

You struggle with understanding why many people do not want to participate in a clinical trial of the long term effects of a new experimental treatment that hijacks your genetic system to instruct your body to make a foreign protein that triggers an immune system response that probably helps your body fight a Covid infection but probably doesn't prevent an infection and isn't proven to stop you from infecting others and might need a booster every year? Yes, mysterious indeed.

Very thoughtful & calm expression of your opinion.

Thank you.

I have read that no vaccine in history has been rushed so fast into general use.

So it is understandable that some people are wary at this time, especially since the CDC has not given approval to any of the vaccines.

Those people who have taken it argue that they prefer taking their chances rather than contracting COVID. That, too, seems to be a reasonable opinion.

The cost benefits analysis instructs very strongly that the thinker to take the Covid, the flu, and the shingrex vaccines.

??? Feeling fine is not the same as being totally unaffected. I have stated that my symptoms are very MILD...less than my reaction to Flu shots.

Everybody in my family that got it had no problem with the first shot. The second shot is what made a few of them pretty ill.

Every viral infection hijacks your "genetic system" (not really an accurate way of putting it but whatever) to make a foreign protein that triggers an immune system response.

The vaccine helps your body fight COVID. It probably does prevent infection and probably does prevent spread. Data on these last two points is getting more and more robust all the time.

The cost benefits analysis instructs very strongly that the thinker to take the Covid, the flu, and the shingrex vaccines.
You don't have the data to make a cost/benefit analysis of the Covid treatment. There are no long term studies - that's why it isn't FDA approved.

New Topics

Forum List

Back