Science isn’t always the answer.

Open minds?
Absolutely. Any evidence-based thinker is infinitely more open minded than you are.
You are NOT open minded you are dogmatic at claiming guesses are facts. You have absolute Faith in science even though it knows so little while dismissing thousands of years of religion.
By the way, we are still waiting for you to define "transitional species". Boy oh boy, it was so important to you to screech and wail about this...until you got asked to use your big boy words and define it. Then it's tuck tail and full retreat time....

Open minds?
Absolutely. Any evidence-based thinker is infinitely more open minded than you are.
You are NOT open minded you are dogmatic at claiming guesses are facts. You have absolute Faith in science even though it knows so little while dismissing thousands of years of religion.
By the way, we are still waiting for you to define "transitional species". Boy oh boy, it was so important to you to screech and wail about this...until you got asked to use your big boy words and define it. Then it's tuck tail and full retreat time....
It is YOUR job to prove a point not mine. You have not done so yet keep trying.

It is YOUR job to prove a point not mine.
That's my plan, crybaby! Define transitional species, and i will do my best to compel you that some have been found, despite your claim to the contrary (as you seem to have forgotten, it was actually your whiny ass that made this claim first).
But you won't. Not ever. You know, everybody knows why. You're like a toddler who thinks everyone is buying his lie, in a room full of adults covering their giggles with their hands.

starts with a guess then makes assumptions
But that is not all science does or is made of, despite your moronic claim to the contrary. Got it?
YES it is they make a guess then they make assumptions and then after a GUESS they test what they can and for most of it never prove anything. Lets start with man made climate change shhall we, NO ONE has tested the supposed theories of how man CAUSED global warming they just made assumptions and in most cases IGNORED what science actually does know. LIKE CO2 follows rises in temperature it doe snot cause them and that CO2 has a lessening effect on added hit as more is added.

it never prove anything.
Yes dummy, i literally just taught you that. You kept asking for proof, and i had to correct you. Goddamn you are one poorly behaved, ungrateful little child.

So what is a transitional species? Define it, so i can show you one.

it never prove anything.
Yes dummy, i literally just taught you that. You kept asking for proof, and i had to correct you. Goddamn you are one poorly behaved, ungrateful little child.

So what is a transitional species? Define it, so i can show you one.
Yet you believe it, you claim because we can NOT prove God exists that he does not then say Science which you do BELIEVE doesn't prove ANYTHING either. God you are fucking stupid as shit.

your claiming I'm giving "magical chants" is a bunch of crap,
No, that's exactly what you sound like to me. "Even satan..."...ah yes, the fallen angel. Magical hooha. Give me a break.

You scoff because you don't understand existing realms.
Of course you don't know what ignited the first spark of biological life.
We know a lot about it actually.

I see evidence of the natural world in nature. That shouldn’t be a surprise as never, in all of human history has there ever been a verifiable supernatural event. And no, I don’t know for sure what ignited the first spark of biological life. Why would you propose magic and supernaturalism as the cause?

Of course you don't know what ignited the first spark of biological life. You don't even have a good guess.

I do know, and have been fully persuaded by the truth I've found in the Bible.

Right and wrong are certainly not ingrained in all humans everywhere. The very fact that different cultures have decidedly different standards for right and wrong should you you that.

No, you're speaking of learned standards. I'm speaking of the ingrained conscience God created in man.

Values and ethics aren't faith-derived. If you think otherwise, imagine this: Tomorrow, it is discovered for certain there is no god. Would such information suddenly cause you to steal from me?

Of course not, because I know full well that "discovery" would be fake news.

If you answer no, then god isn't needed.

Hate to break this to you, but God is needed. He created man to have a relationship with Him, and anyone who turns from Him will miss out on His free GIFT of eternal life.

If you answer yes, then you are corrupt and immoral and that is your personality fracture, not morality's weakness.

"Morality's weekness".....surely you jest. You have nothing to base your morality on. You have no standards.

I will also cite clear differences in moral precepts with morals as a measure of right and wrong. Egyptian royalty married brother to sister; i.e., engaged in incest by our standards, and functioned successfully for thousands of years. In today's culture, such liaisons are forbidden. Which is morally correct (especially considering that the Egyptians had many gods – most people only have a few.

You're pretty funny, you know that? ;)

As I noted earlier, I make no attempt to disprove gods. You tend to recoil in indignation that anyone would question your unsupported and decidedly weak claims to gods. You do realize that your claims to gods are the same types of claims that others make for their gods?

You certainly fight hard in denial of your Creator. ONE God. Kicking against the goads is what that's called.

You are correct that I have no reason to accept what your gods say. As your gods have never said anything to anyone, that makes sense.
U
That only tells me you are ignoring God. And that's your right.

And yes, I understand that Christianity is a proselytizing religion. As a self-entitled ambassador for Christ, you should be aware that such heavy-handed prosyeltizing, when it becomes the “believe or else”, message is not helpful.

There is a difference between being "self-entitled", and doing what is right. I certainly understand that you haven't an inkling of anything spiritual. As far as I can see, nothing will be helpful to you until you are brought to your knees by circumstances beyond your control. God is certainly able to reach you -- in spite of yourself.

"You have no (moral) standards'' is a classic Christian attempt at a slur. It's rather an odd claim as the history of Christianity depicts the most immoral acts and among the greatest cruelties to humanity.

How lucky you know with certainty what you don't know with certainty. That might otherwise be called delusional.

There's no fighting against your gods. Your preoccupation with the decisions of those who use reason and rationality to come to conclusions about existence is concerning. Its really remarkable how angry proselytizing religionists become when they can't sell their religious wares.

I might actually be ignoring your gods. Let's pretend otherwise as me ignoring your gods causes you such angst.

As to "doing what is right", I tend to be suspicious of preachy Christians who want to lecture others about what is right. There's an arrogance and a motive for doing so and I have no reason to accept lectures from hypocrites.

My saying you have no moral standard makes you mad, doesn't it?

Tell me, then, what standards do you use? Skip all the righteous indignation and answer that one question.
They call it humanism. It seems a better moral code than can be discerned from the bible if you don't cherry-pick.
Humanism is a democratic and ethical life stance, which affirms that human beings have the right and responsibility to give meaning and shape to their own lives.

Ah, to their OWN lives. So thieves and child molesters have the right and responsibility to please themselves....making themselves their own god. There is nothing ethical about humanism. Each man sets his own standard of ethics. Yeah, that's working real well in this world today, isn't it?

Nope, see we live in a humanist society, meaning the society as a whole decides what is the correct standard of ethics. Most of us are raised in the knowledge that our actions have consequences on the world around us this means a thief and child molester is usually aware of their actions being bad. Taking responsibility for your actions also means that bad actions have bad consequences.

I also want to point out that you believe in a book that condones slavery, rape, incest, the death penalty for things like adultery, homosexuality, and disrespecting your parents. The reason you ( I assume) don't condone those things anymore is because SOCIETY, not the Bible has recognized them as harmful.

No, I realize those things pertained to the Jewish Law which had a system of sacrifices that allowed a payment for those sins to be paid. Those laws and the sacrifices went hand in hand. So if someone committed adultery, for instance, sacrifices were offered and the sin debt was paid. That was for the Jews. The rest of us (gentiles) are not under those laws, as the Apostle Paul explains in his letters.

Present day society has it's own set of laws, but my personal beliefs have nothing to do with those.

Really?
For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” — Matthew 5:18-19

“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)

“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19)

These are all passages in the NT saying that the laws in the OT still applied. You are perfectly willing the follow the OT when it comes to believing in the Great Flood, Adam and Eve, the story of Abraham. But are perfectly willing to state that as far as morality goes the laws described in the OT are invalid. Although according to the NT Jesus clearly stated the laws in the OT still applied?

Oh and immediately stop lying about what the OT said should happen to those who broke those laws.

One who blasphemes the name of the LORD shall be put to death; the whole congregation shall stone the blasphemer. Aliens as well as citizens, when they blaspheme the Name, shall be put to death. (NRSV) — Leviticus 24:16

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death. (NIV) — Leviticus 20:10

Anyone who dishonors father or mother must be put to death. Such a person is guilty of a capital offense. (NLT) — Leviticus 20:9

You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day must be a Sabbath day of complete rest, a holy day dedicated to the LORD. Anyone who works on that day must be put to death. (NLT) — Exodus 35:2

“If any man takes a wife, and goes in to her, and detests her, and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings a bad name on her, and says, ‘I took this woman, and when I came to her I found she was not a virgin,’ … and evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones … (NKJV) — Deuteronomy 22:13-14,20-21

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. (NIV) — Leviticus 25:44

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them. (NRSV) — Leviticus 20:13

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. (NIV) — Timothy 2:11-12

You see any room for ambiguity here because I sure don't?

For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished.
submerged in the desert religions still exist the remnants of the religion of antiquity ...

it's either / or - - all will in the end be readmitted to the Everlasting or not a soul. sectarian seems the best bet.

But that is not all science does or is made of, despite your moronic claim to the contrary. Got it?
YES it is they make a guess then they make assumptions and then after a GUESS they test what they can and for most of it never prove anything. Lets start with man made climate change shhall we, NO ONE has tested the supposed theories of how man CAUSED global warming they just made assumptions and in most cases IGNORED what science actually does know. LIKE CO2 follows rises in temperature it doe snot cause them and that CO2 has a lessening effect on added hit as more is added.
NO ONE has tested the supposed theories of how man CAUSED global warming they just made assumptions and in most cases IGNORED what science actually does know.
why lie christian what does your disinformation do for you ...

1590800687624.png

oh, the fine points - that's where it doesn't work for you.

NO ONE has tested the supposed theories of how man CAUSED global warming they just made assumptions and in most cases IGNORED what science actually does know.

View attachment 342689

Be specific NOW and link to these TESTS and the RETEST to verify man made global warming.

RE: Science isn’t always the answer.
⁜→ RetiredGySgt, et al,

BLUF:
In science, the tendency is to observable and reproducible data as evidence in acquiring knowledge that has characterized as significant to the scientific method. Through observation, employing rigorous tests and evaluations about what is observed, a step-by-step process that begins with formulating a hypothesis, via induction, based on experimentation and measurement-based testing that either support or dispute the hypotheses based.

Scence is nothing more then guess and then assumptions. Very few things science claims are proven yet YOU BELIEVE with out facts, just admit it you lying loser.
(COMMENT)

Of course, there can be some guess-work in the beginning, but through the test and evaluation of the hypothesis will weed-out improper assumptions.

Proof in science is somewhat different then what most people think. Yes, Newton did the basic work on the forces of gravity. And in part, Newtons work was not 100% correct. But we still teach Newtonian Physics because it is a very close approximation. Just as the formulas for the circumference of a circle, or the area under a curve are very close approximations because we use irrational numbers. Much of the technology we use today was based on application of imaginary numbers.

Your concept of belief on guesswork ("very few things science claims are proven") may make sense to you, but I suggest that you look at the technology you used to convey that very hypothesis of yours. In classical philosophy, there are defects people make such as you have made here. They are generally referred to as Errors of Commission:

• ✦. Inconsistency/Incoherence
    •. One cannot appropriately say in one place that something affirms or entails P and in another place that it affirms or entails not-P.
    ✦. Implausibility/Stretching Credibility
    • The motto "Credo quia absurdum" (I believe because it is absurd) may have some merit for the theologian but is improper for the philosopher.
    ✦. Probative Deficiency
    •. Inadequate substantiation is a crucial offense.
    • One’s contentions should be presented in an environment that renders them at least plausible and at best compelling.
    ✦. Oversimplification
    •. One is the principle of rational economy: complications should pay their own way, as it were.
    •. They should not be introduced save when actually needed ("Occam’s Razor").
    ✦. Overreaching
    •. An aspect of cognitive economy is that one should not take on more than one can afford —"to bite off more than one can chew," as the saying goes.
    ✦. Fallacy
    •. Not only must substantive considerations used to support philosophical contentions be acceptable in themselves, but the line of reasoning that proceeds from them must not be fallacious.
    ✦. Trivial Pursuit: Misemphasis
While you may not have all these errors, certain arguments can be made that you committed most of these errors.

Now, in your defense, science has not always been correct. When I went to school, the "atom" was the smallest particle. Since that time, science has discovered a half-dozen, or so, leptons (an electron being one) and a like number of quarks (a charm being just one); and we can't forget the discovery of the bosons (and the ever-popular photon being one). Science has a self-correcting mechanism. Just like the struggle to prove that gravity can bend light took 100 years, is just one of those self-correcting actions.

I see you were in the Marine Corps. Using the displacement formula we can calculate the position ((x,y) coordinates) of an artillery projectile at any given time. This is science:

projectile-motion-formula-displacement
Several decades ago, I was attending the classes at the Defense Computer Institute (National Defense University) and one of my instructors was Rear Admiral (Navy Captain then) Grace Hopper. She worked on the first computers that set-up the firing tables for WWII Naval Gun Fire. All of that is a series of successive approximations that we still use today (including the USMC). When I left Baghdad, they were using this same family of computations in a computer to detect the launch of 122 Rockets (including the point of origin) at the US Embassy. It was not all that dissimilar to the counter-mortar radar in overwatch in Da Nang when I was there. Same type of technology made possible through the use of imaginary numbers and computational programs that used successive approximations. YES! There is some guesswork, but it is not approaching Implausibility or Stretching Credibility.

1589969410040.png

Most Respectfully,
R

View attachment 342689

Be specific NOW and link to these TESTS and the RETEST to verify man made global warming.
why, when persecution and victimization of the innocent is so much more fun - just deny whatever is provided and run with it. sour barn will slap your back.

RE: Science isn’t always the answer.
⁜→ RetiredGySgt, et al,

BLUF:
In science, the tendency is to observable and reproducible data as evidence in acquiring knowledge that has characterized as significant to the scientific method. Through observation, employing rigorous tests and evaluations about what is observed, a step-by-step process that begins with formulating a hypothesis, via induction, based on experimentation and measurement-based testing that either support or dispute the hypotheses based.

Scence is nothing more then guess and then assumptions. Very few things science claims are proven yet YOU BELIEVE with out facts, just admit it you lying loser.
(COMMENT)

Of course, there can be some guess-work in the beginning, but through the test and evaluation of the hypothesis will weed-out improper assumptions.

Proof in science is somewhat different then what most people think. Yes, Newton did the basic work on the forces of gravity. And in part, Newtons work was not 100% correct. But we still teach Newtonian Physics because it is a very close approximation. Just as the formulas for the circumference of a circle, or the area under a curve are very close approximations because we use irrational numbers. Much of the technology we use today was based on application of imaginary numbers.

Your concept of belief on guesswork ("very few things science claims are proven") may make sense to you, but I suggest that you look at the technology you used to convey that very hypothesis of yours. In classical philosophy, there are defects people make such as you have made here. They are generally referred to as Errors of Commission:

• ✦. Inconsistency/Incoherence
    •. One cannot appropriately say in one place that something affirms or entails P and in another place that it affirms or entails not-P.
    ✦. Implausibility/Stretching Credibility
    • The motto "Credo quia absurdum" (I believe because it is absurd) may have some merit for the theologian but is improper for the philosopher.
    ✦. Probative Deficiency
    •. Inadequate substantiation is a crucial offense.
    • One’s contentions should be presented in an environment that renders them at least plausible and at best compelling.
    ✦. Oversimplification
    •. One is the principle of rational economy: complications should pay their own way, as it were.
    •. They should not be introduced save when actually needed ("Occam’s Razor").
    ✦. Overreaching
    •. An aspect of cognitive economy is that one should not take on more than one can afford —"to bite off more than one can chew," as the saying goes.
    ✦. Fallacy
    •. Not only must substantive considerations used to support philosophical contentions be acceptable in themselves, but the line of reasoning that proceeds from them must not be fallacious.
    ✦. Trivial Pursuit: Misemphasis
While you may not have all these errors, certain arguments can be made that you committed most of these errors.

Now, in your defense, science has not always been correct. When I went to school, the "atom" was the smallest particle. Since that time, science has discovered a half-dozen, or so, leptons (an electron being one) and a like number of quarks (a charm being just one); and we can't forget the discovery of the bosons (and the ever-popular photon being one). Science has a self-correcting mechanism. Just like the struggle to prove that gravity can bend light took 100 years, is just one of those self-correcting actions.

I see you were in the Marine Corps. Using the displacement formula we can calculate the position ((x,y) coordinates) of an artillery projectile at any given time. This is science:

projectile-motion-formula-displacement
Several decades ago, I was attending the classes at the Defense Computer Institute (National Defense University) and one of my instructors was Rear Admiral (Navy Captain then) Grace Hopper. She worked on the first computers that set-up the firing tables for WWII Naval Gun Fire. All of that is a series of successive approximations that we still use today (including the USMC). When I left Baghdad, they were using this same family of computations in a computer to detect the launch of 122 Rockets (including the point of origin) at the US Embassy. It was not all that dissimilar to the counter-mortar radar in overwatch in Da Nang when I was there. Same type of technology made possible through the use of imaginary numbers and computational programs that used successive approximations. YES! There is some guesswork, but it is not approaching Implausibility or Stretching Credibility.

1589969410040.png

Most Respectfully,
R
And yet we have a whole field that never used the scientific method and there is supposedly a scientist consensus that it is true, climate change caused by man. Or perhaps YOU unlike the others I have asked can provide the tests retest and experiments used to come to this scientific consensus

No, I realize those things pertained to the Jewish Law which had a system of sacrifices that allowed a payment for those sins to be paid. Those laws and the sacrifices went hand in hand. So if someone committed adultery, for instance, sacrifices were offered and the sin debt was paid. That was for the Jews. The rest of us (gentiles) are not under those laws, as the Apostle Paul explains in his letters.

Present day society has it's own set of laws, but my personal beliefs have nothing to do with those.
Really?
For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” — Matthew 5:18-19

“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)

“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19)

These are all passages in the NT saying that the laws in the OT still applied. You are perfectly willing the follow the OT when it comes to believing in the Great Flood, Adam and Eve, the story of Abraham. But are perfectly willing to state that as far as morality goes the laws described in the OT are invalid. Although according to the NT Jesus clearly stated the laws in the OT still applied?

No, the Ten commandments still apply, but the Law of Moses only applied to the NATION of ISRAEL.

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.​
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.​
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.​

Oh and immediately stop lying about what the OT said should happen to those who broke those laws.

One who blasphemes the name of the LORD shall be put to death; the whole congregation shall stone the blasphemer. Aliens as well as citizens, when they blaspheme the Name, shall be put to death. (NRSV) — Leviticus 24:16

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death. (NIV) — Leviticus 20:10

Anyone who dishonors father or mother must be put to death. Such a person is guilty of a capital offense. (NLT) — Leviticus 20:9

You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day must be a Sabbath day of complete rest, a holy day dedicated to the LORD. Anyone who works on that day must be put to death. (NLT) — Exodus 35:2

“If any man takes a wife, and goes in to her, and detests her, and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings a bad name on her, and says, ‘I took this woman, and when I came to her I found she was not a virgin,’ … and evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father’s house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones … (NKJV) — Deuteronomy 22:13-14,20-21

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. (NIV) — Leviticus 25:44

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death; their blood is upon them. (NRSV) — Leviticus 20:13

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. (NIV) — Timothy 2:11-12

First, I will post whatever I darn well please.
Second, you aren't taking into consideration the offerings and sacrifices.
You've left out the bulk of the information and think you know what you're talking about.
Why don't you start a thread about the Laws of Moses.
There must be others on this site who could give you lessons on this subject.

There are sin offerings and guilt offerings and there are cities of refuge.
There are degrees, just like there are in our laws today. Negligence and retribution.
There were also witnesses and judges and divorces and expulsions.

You're in way over your head.

View attachment 342689

why, when persecution and victimization of the innocent is so much more fun - just deny whatever is provided and run with it. sour barn will slap your back.

Wow, that's a very clever response. LOL

It is YOUR job to prove a point not mine.
That's my plan, crybaby! Define transitional species, and i will do my best to compel you that some have been found, despite your claim to the contrary (as you seem to have forgotten, it was actually your whiny ass that made this claim first).
But you won't. Not ever. You know, everybody knows why. You're like a toddler who thinks everyone is buying his lie, in a room full of adults covering their giggles with their hands.

You should just give up and stop trying to have discussions of any kind.

Really?

No, the Ten commandments still apply, but the Law of Moses only applied to the NATION of ISRAEL.

Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.​
For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.​
And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.​

First, I will post whatever I darn well please.
Second, you aren't taking into consideration the offerings and sacrifices.
You've left out the bulk of the information and think you know what you're talking about.
Why don't you start a thread about the Laws of Moses.
There must be others on this site who could give you lessons on this subject.

There are sin offerings and guilt offerings and there are cities of refuge.
There are degrees, just like there are in our laws today. Negligence and retribution.
There were also witnesses and judges and divorces and expulsions.

You're in way over your head.
Am I now? You, not me tried to tell me how NOT following the bible makes me immoral. You not me are trying to justify the death penalty for stuff that by todays and (hopefully your) standard is minor by stating that "oh it's not what always happened." It is YOU not me that denies what it's the Bible simply because it doesn't fit your narrative. The ten commandments consist of things like no adultery, paganism, respecting your elders etc.etc.. The Bible proper cited the punishment, SEVERE punishment for breaking those rules. Yet somehow you have the audacity to bring up morality to ME.

So go on keep on posting whatever you please. At this point, I will simply call you a liar when you come up with a weird unsupported by your own book justification, which by the way breaks one of the ten commandments.

Forum List

Back