Schumers Office Accuses SCOTUS chief Justice of Bias for Rebuking Chucky

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
These idiots are such ideological, partisan hacks, they can only think any Criticism of Chucky Schumer must be due to partisan bias because that is how these Tammany Hall Democrats think and then project onto everyone else.

Chief Justice Roberts issues rare rebuke to Schumer's 'dangerous' and 'irresponsible' comments; Trump slams lawmaker, says 'must pay a severe price'

Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts on Wednesday issued a highly unusual and forceful rebuke to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., calling his threatening remarks directed at Associate Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh "irresponsible" and "dangerous" -- prompting Schumer's office to slam Roberts and accuse him of bias.

The extraordinary back-and-forth began hours earlier at a pro-choice rally hosted by the Center for Reproductive Rights, when Schumer ominously singled out President Trump's two Supreme Court picks: "I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price!" Schumer warned. "You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions."

Roberts replied in his remarkable written statement, obtained by Fox News: "This morning, Senator Schumer spoke at a rally in front of the Supreme Court while a case was being argued inside. Senator Schumer referred to two Members of the Court by name and said he wanted to tell them that 'You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You will not know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.'"

Roberts continued: "Justices know that criticism comes with the territory, but threatening statements of this sort from the highest levels of government are not only inappropriate, they are dangerous. All Members of the Court will continue to do their job, without fear or favor, from whatever quarter."...

Schumer spokesman Justin Goodman quickly responded by accusing Roberts of bias, further escalating the confrontation. Goodman insisted that Schumer was addressing Republican lawmakers when he said a "price" would be paid -- even though Schumer had explicitly named Kavanaugh and Gorsuch.

“Women’s health care rights are at stake and Americans from every corner of the country are in anguish about what the court might do to them," Goodman said in a statement to Fox News. “Sen. Schumer’s comments were a reference to the political price Senate Republicans will pay for putting these justices on the court, and a warning that the justices will unleash a major grassroots movement on the issue of reproductive rights against the decision."

He added: “For Justice Roberts to follow the right wing’s deliberate misinterpretation of what Sen. Schumer said, while remaining silent when President Trump attacked Justices [Sonia] Sotomayor and [Ruth Bader] Ginsberg last week, shows Justice Roberts does not just call balls and strikes.”​

ABA ‘deeply troubled’ by Schumer’s Supreme Court comments

The American Bar Association said on Wednesday that it is "deeply troubled" by a comment made by Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., outside the Supreme Court that many said was a direct threat to two sitting justices....

"Personal attacks on judges by any elected officials, including the president, are simply inappropriate," the ABA’s statement read. "Such comments challenge the reputation of the third, co-equal branch of our government; the independence of the judiciary; and the personal safety of judicial officers. They are never acceptable."

Trump himself weighed in on Schumer's comments, tweeting, “If a Republican did this, he or she would be arrested, or impeached. Serious action MUST be taken NOW!”
Of course, we all know that exactly ZERO will happen due to Schumers threat. He is a Democrat and laws dont apply to them if they are elected to national office.

Schumer is a idiot. Threatening Supreme Court Justices isn’t a good idea. I can’t wait to see that little putz Schumer get smacked down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schumer is a idiot. Threatening Supreme Court Justices isn’t a good idea. I can’t wait to see that little putz Schumer get smacked down.
Me, too, but I dont see it happening.

As a Democrat, he is 'in like Flynn'.

These idiots are such ideological, partisan hacks, they can only think any Criticism of Chucky Schumer must be due to partisan bias because that is how these Tammany Hall Democrats think and then project onto everyone else.

Chief Justice Roberts issues rare rebuke to Schumer's 'dangerous' and 'irresponsible' comments; Trump slams lawmaker, says 'must pay a severe price'

Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts on Wednesday issued a highly unusual and forceful rebuke to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., calling his threatening remarks directed at Associate Justices Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh "irresponsible" and "dangerous" -- prompting Schumer's office to slam Roberts and accuse him of bias.

The extraordinary back-and-forth began hours earlier at a pro-choice rally hosted by the Center for Reproductive Rights, when Schumer ominously singled out President Trump's two Supreme Court picks: "I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price!" Schumer warned. "You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions."

Roberts replied in his remarkable written statement, obtained by Fox News: "This morning, Senator Schumer spoke at a rally in front of the Supreme Court while a case was being argued inside. Senator Schumer referred to two Members of the Court by name and said he wanted to tell them that 'You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You will not know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.'"

Roberts continued: "Justices know that criticism comes with the territory, but threatening statements of this sort from the highest levels of government are not only inappropriate, they are dangerous. All Members of the Court will continue to do their job, without fear or favor, from whatever quarter."...

Schumer spokesman Justin Goodman quickly responded by accusing Roberts of bias, further escalating the confrontation. Goodman insisted that Schumer was addressing Republican lawmakers when he said a "price" would be paid -- even though Schumer had explicitly named Kavanaugh and Gorsuch.

“Women’s health care rights are at stake and Americans from every corner of the country are in anguish about what the court might do to them," Goodman said in a statement to Fox News. “Sen. Schumer’s comments were a reference to the political price Senate Republicans will pay for putting these justices on the court, and a warning that the justices will unleash a major grassroots movement on the issue of reproductive rights against the decision."

He added: “For Justice Roberts to follow the right wing’s deliberate misinterpretation of what Sen. Schumer said, while remaining silent when President Trump attacked Justices [Sonia] Sotomayor and [Ruth Bader] Ginsberg last week, shows Justice Roberts does not just call balls and strikes.”​
Roberts is normally a pandering worm to the washington establishment

its good to see he still has some honesty and independent thought remaining

So....Barr questioning the impartiality of a judge''s sentence is a crisis, but Schumer threatening two SCOTUS justices is AOK with Democrats?

roflmao, they are insane if they dont agree to censure him for this.

The only people openly threatening the court are members of the democrat party.....Trump has never threatened the court....schumer did and he should be impeached over it....

Schumer's apology "I'm from Brooklyn". WTF? After spending three years accusing the President of "unprofessional rhetoric" the democrat senate minority leader excuses his attempted extortion by threat of two named Supreme Court Justices with either physical violence or political retribution. This goes beyond the political double standard to complete insanity.

Last edited:
Schumer's apology "I'm from Brooklyn". WTF?
It's a Yankee thing, you wouldnt understand.

roflmao, Chucky is almost as good as Biden for gaffe's. He doesnt makes as many, but the quality of self-centered stupidity more than makes up for it.

McConnell slams Schumer on Senate floor for controversial remarks directed at Supreme Court justices
"I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price!" Schumer warned. "You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions."

After McConnell's remarks, Schumer took to the floor and began by claiming that McConnell made a "glaring omission" by not mentioning that Schumer was speaking regarding a Supreme Court case that could impact women's ability to get an abortion. He then admitted that he chose the wrong words to convey his message.

"Now I should not have used the words I used," Schumer said. "They didn't come out the way I intended to."
Schumer insisted he in no way meant to threaten Gorsuch or Kavanaugh, and that McConnell knows this. He claimed he was referring to the political consequences the case could have.

"I'm from Brooklyn. We speak in strong language," he said.

Schumer spokesman Justin Goodman previously insisted that Schumer was addressing Republican lawmakers when he said a "price" would be paid -- even though Schumer had explicitly named Kavanaugh and Gorsuch.

McConnell did not buy that, saying that Schumer was trying to "gaslight the entire country" by claiming he was not addressing the justices.

"But if he cannot even admit to saying what he said, we certainly cannot know what he meant," McConnell said. "At the very best his comments were astonishingly reckless and extremely irresponsible.”

The majority leader also referenced a past threat from Democratic Senators, who in an August 2019 brief said the Supreme Court was "not well" and should "heal itself before the public demands it be 'restructured in order to reduce the influence of politics.'" This was interpreted as a threat to pack the court by increasing the number of justices and loading the roster with liberals when a Democrat is in the White House.​

Schumer should be censured if not investigated for a crime. Censure would mean that Schumer is rebuked strongly for his behavior and required to give up committee positions but remains being a senator. I believe that would mean he would no longer be Senate Minority leader which would affect his power and pay check.

Forum List

Back