IT WAS INEVITABLE: Speech control moves from the campus to the workplace

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
It has been BAD ENOUGH that the Regressive Left has enabled the control of freedom of expression on AMERICAN college campuses (of all fucking places on the planet), and it has already spread into the workplace. But now we're looking at having an "artificial intelligence" device that LISTENS TO WORKPLACE CONVERSATIONS to be sure that we are being "inclusive" and "equal".

I am not making this up.

Could a smart device catch implicit bias in the workplace?

“The vision that we have [for this project] is that you would have a device, maybe something like Amazon Alexa, that sits on the table and observes the human team members while they are working on a problem, and supports them in various ways,” says Riedl, an associate professor who studies crowdsourcing, open innovation, and network science. “One of the ways in which we think we can support that team is by ensuring equal inclusion of all team members.”

The fact that this is even AN IDEA shows how far this has gone.

Enjoy. This is what happens we start controlling, intimidating and punishing freedom of expression. IN AMERICA.

It has been BAD ENOUGH that the Regressive Left has enabled the control of freedom of expression on AMERICAN college campuses (of all fucking places on the planet), and it has already spread into the workplace. But now we're looking at having an "artificial intelligence" device that LISTENS TO WORKPLACE CONVERSATIONS to be sure that we are being "inclusive" and "equal".

I am not making this up.

“The vision that we have [for this project] is that you would have a device, maybe something like Amazon Alexa, that sits on the table and observes the human team members while they are working on a problem, and supports them in various ways,” says Riedl, an associate professor who studies crowdsourcing, open innovation, and network science. “One of the ways in which we think we can support that team is by ensuring equal inclusion of all team members.”

Enjoy. This is what happens we start controlling, intimidating and punishing freedom of expression. IN AMERICA.
I'm thinking they don't have to listen in, they can just analyze existing email and other content (Skype, Lync, MS Teams, Zoom, etc.) Preferably with the communication participants' permission however since it's their machines (the company's) and they are only to be used to perform the tasks that their employer needs (the reason(s) for which they were hired) AND depending on if they have a warning when the user logs into their machine indicating that all computer activity may be monitored, they may not even need permission.

A lot can be determined and revealed by examining a person's email communications, including whether there are indicators that show a propensity for discrimination and/or bias.

I am not making this up.

I'm thinking they don't have to listen in, they can just analyze existing email and other content (Skype, Lync, MS Teams, Zoom, etc.) Preferably with the communication participants' permission however since it's their machines (the company's) and they are only to be used to perform the tasks that their employer needs (the reason(s) for which they were hired) AND depending on if they have a warning when the user logs into their machine indicating that all computer activity may be monitored, they may not even need permission.

A lot can be determined and revealed by examining a person's email communications, including whether there are indicators that show a propensity for discrimination and/or bias.
I believe in freedom of expression.

Clearly that right is in decay.

I am not making this up.

That's true. I'm totally oppressed at work. I can't walk up to my boss and tell him that he's a narcissistic bully who couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag!

Oh, wait. Now, that's not what you are complaining about at all. You are probably fine with that.

Stormy Mac is still upset HR had a talk with him about that really funny joke he told about how you should never trust something that bleeds for a week and doesn't die.

Not difficult to imagine future conversations with the Human Resource department:

HR: We notice that in your meeting yesterday on distribution from our Newark hub, you only allowed Tammy to speak for 7 total minutes, while Dave was allowed to speak for 10 total minutes.

Manager: Well yes, Dave has a bit more experience with Newark, and had more valuable and pertinent input.

HR: From now on, we want you to make sure that Tammy gets equal time in all meetings regarding distribution from our Newark hub. We do not want her feeling that her opinions are of less importance than other meeting participants.

Manager: This is ridiculous. I'm not going to hold a stopwatch to people when they're speaking just to please Alexa. I run my meetings in a way that I know is most effective and most efficient. I'm trying to run my department here.

HR: If you don't allow proper time for Tammy, you will written up. Three write-ups are cause for immediate termination.

You think I'm kidding, gang?

I am not making this up.

Studies have shown that implicit bias—the automatic, and often unintentional, associations people have in their minds about groups of people—is ubiquitous in the workplace, and can hurt not just employees, but also a company’s bottom line.

For example, employees who perceive bias are nearly three times as likely to be disengaged at work, and the cost of disengagement to employers isn’t cheap—to the tune of $450 billion to $550 billion a year. [...]

The pair have received a $1.5 million, three-year grant from the U.S. Army Research Laboratory to study teams using a combination of social science theories, machine learning, and audio-visual and physiological sensors.​

Yeah, corporate bosses looking out for their bottom line and the U.S. Army Research Laboratory seeking to aid team cooperation are, of course, charter members of the "regressive left".

But, but, but what about freedumb of speech?

Hysterical.

I am not making this up.

Takes engineers to develop and design such things. They have the choice to simply refuse. I once quit a lucrative job because I knew the technology would be used for spying on innocent people and I wouldn't have any hand in that.

THIS...is why I never say "kikes" in the workplace...it's always shekel clutchers or heebs...same goes with "******" never, it's always...blue gums...moon crickets...or the Spanish..."Yanta".

black guy.jpg

I am not making this up.

Aren't you the guy who keeps posting everyone's 'racist quotes' in the discussion board?
I would think a jerkoff like you would applaud something like this.

I am not making this up.

That's true. I'm totally oppressed at work. I can't walk up to my boss and tell him that he's a narcissistic bully who couldn't manage his way out of a wet paper bag!

Oh, wait. Now, that's not what you are complaining about at all. You are probably fine with that.

Trolling again and again and again I see.

I am not making this up.

Course you feel that's acceptable....invading people's privacy is cool as long as they're racists.
This is a form of profiling you know.
It's like saying all black people are criminals.
They're trying to say that anyone who isn't wokish is a racist.

Aren't you the guy who keeps posting everyone's 'racist quotes' in the discussion board? I would think a jerkoff like you would applaud something like this.
You would think that because you have a very simplistic, shallow and tribal mentality.

Not everyone is an obedient winger like you. True story!
Shocking...you didn't produce your list Comrade Stalin. Why not? Don't you want the rest of the proletarians to 'struggle' against me?

Aren't you the guy who keeps posting everyone's 'racist quotes' in the discussion board? I would think a jerkoff like you would applaud something like this.
You would think that because you have a very simplistic, shallow and tribal mentality.

Shocking...you didn't produce your list Comrade Stalin. Why not? Don't you want the rest of the proletarians to 'struggle' against me?
:wtf:

Yeah.....and you're such a genius.

Everyone else is stupid and you're smart.

Yeah.....and you're such a genius.

Everyone else is stupid and you're smart.
Yep....only the non-committed people with no political leanings are smart.
Or so you say.

Forum List

Back