Schiff was right, with "head on the pike" statement.

If Republicans were smart they’d allow witnesses and new evidence – it would make no difference given the fact Senate Republicans wouldn’t vote to remove Trump from office regardless how compelling and damning the evidence.

But Republicans aren’t smart, they’re just blind partisan hacks.

In other words, "if Republicans were smart they would do everything the Dems want them to"
At least you're honest

I don't know why Republican's took such offense. McConnel probably told them that, symbolically. We all know the revenge of tramp even on his republican's. They need to be kept in line, even Paul knows that:
----------------------------------------------------------

“If they insist on having people like Bolton coming forward, my insistence will be not just one witness. But that the president should be able to call any witnesses that he deems necessary to his defense.” If any of his colleagues get any funny ideas, he added, they’ll be in for a world of pain. If “some Republicans help Democrats get witnesses and there are no witnesses for the president, I think the end result is a revolutionary tide against those people,” Paul said. “I can’t imagine that [Trump] will let it go by if someone votes to bring in witnesses that his administration isn’t interested in.”

Rand Paul Threatens to Go Rambo on Rogue Republicans

It's not a head on a pike situation. It is more a situation of whether they want to keep their jobs and honor.
Yeah...so.... they are elected officials.
The President doesn't hire Senators and Congressmen. You do know that? Right?
And as for losing positions/power/panel seats... it's not like Republicans are the only ones that reward party loyalty and punish stepping away from the line. That has been true on both sides since before America became a country.

America has a history of witch trials which Americans are very critical of for a good reason. American people won't be employing the witch hunters.

If Republicans were smart they’d allow witnesses and new evidence – it would make no difference given the fact Senate Republicans wouldn’t vote to remove Trump from office regardless how compelling and damning the evidence.

But Republicans aren’t smart, they’re just blind partisan hacks.

In other words, "if Republicans were smart they would do everything the Dems want them to"
At least you're honest

Republicans are smart, that's why they don't listen to advice from people with 80 IQs... like Clayton.

How to influence the majority of Republicans to vote for you.....the ABNORMAL way@

Senate Republicans said lead impeachment prosecutor Adam Schiff insulted them during the trial by repeating an anonymously sourced report that the White House had threatened to punish Republicans who voted against President Donald Trump.

Schiff, who delivered closing arguments for the prosecution, was holding Republican senators rapt as he called for removing Trump from office for abusing his power and obstructing Congress. Doing anything else, he argued, would be to let the president bully Senate Republicans into ignoring his pressure on Ukraine for political help.

“CBS News reported last night that a Trump confidant said that key senators were warned, ‘Vote against the president and your head will be on a pike.’ I don’t know if that’s true,” Schiff said.

After that remark, the generally respectful mood in the Senate immediately changed. Republicans across their side of the chamber groaned, gasped and said, “That’s not true.” One of those key moderate Republicans, Sen. Susan Collins of Maine, looked directly at Schiff, shook her head and said, “Not true.”

“Not only have I never heard the ‘head on the pike’ line,” Collins said in a statement, “but also I know of no Republican senator who has been threatened in any way by anyone in the administration.”

It wasn’t immediately clear what impact, if any, Schiff’s comment would have on upcoming votes on witnesses and the ultimate question of whether Trump should be removed from office....( right, call them names, tell them they are afraid, and expect them to vote with you....only you demented pieces of shit DEMONRATS could possibly believe that...ROTFLMFAO!)

(Excerpt) Read more at apnews.com ...

I don't know why Republican's took such offense. McConnel probably told them that, symbolically.

Shut your lying puke lib mouth the GOP Senators immediately called this out as a LIE. Christ Dem's can't open their mouths without spewing LIES. No doubt they will be featured in the next Geico Pinocchio commercial.

AND will Dem's stand there with a straight face and tell us they didn't threaten House Dem's into voting for impeachment? The Dem level of projection and hypocrisy is off the charts.

No I will not shut my mouth, while the GOP senators rip the constitution up and are traitors to the USA.
I hope you are kept isolated from children, no telling what kind of harm you can do to innocents.

I don't know why Republican's took such offense. McConnel probably told them that, symbolically.

Shut your lying puke lib mouth the GOP Senators immediately called this out as a LIE. Christ Dem's can't open their mouths without spewing LIES. No doubt they will be featured in the next Geico Pinocchio commercial.

AND will Dem's stand there with a straight face and tell us they didn't threaten House Dem's into voting for impeachment? The Dem level of projection and hypocrisy is off the charts.

No I will not shut my mouth, while the GOP senators rip the constitution up and are traitors to the USA.
I hope you are kept isolated from children, no telling what kind of harm you can do to innocents.

Every day she is mad that she did not listen to sound advice from conservatives and build a family, instead opting for cats. Should have attended the make women great again conference 20 years ago... now the wall is here, beauty is gone, all that remains is screech over bad choices.

And unfortunately we have to listen to that screech as well.

You need to encourage democrats to round up all those senators for prosecution.

You need to encourage democrats to round up all those senators for prosecution.

Are you agreeing they are traitors, like Schiff changed his mind because the whistleblower was threatened by tramp, but the defense council didn't tell you that tidbit.

I don't know why Republican's took such offense.

Maybe because it was an anomalously sourced, bogus bullshit article from CBS.

Schiff Under Fire for Citing Alleged White House Threat to Punish Dissenting Senators

David Rutz - JANUARY 25, 2020 11:37 AM

Senate Republicans on Friday slammed Rep. Adam Schiff (D., Calif.) after the House's lead prosecutor repeated reporting that the White House had threatened to put senators' "head" on a "pike" if they did not vote to acquit President Donald Trump.

Schiff's use of the anonymously sourced CBS News report of the threat went over like a "lead balloon" with its intended audience, Sen. Mike Lee (R., Utah) told Fox News.

"It wasn't just me who reacted that way," he said. "I think every member of the Senate Republican conference, all 53 of us, simultaneously, audibly groaned. We were very upset, and many of the same senators who they were trying to communicate to were really upset by this and didn't take kindly to it … I don't know why Schiff would want to do that, but he lost big time tonight."

I don't know why Republican's took such offense.

Maybe because it was an anomalously sourced, bogus bullshit article from CBS.

Schiff Under Fire for Citing Alleged White House Threat to Punish Dissenting Senators

David Rutz - JANUARY 25, 2020 11:37 AM

Senate Republicans on Friday slammed Rep. Adam Schiff (D., Calif.) after the House's lead prosecutor repeated reporting that the White House had threatened to put senators' "head" on a "pike" if they did not vote to acquit President Donald Trump.

Schiff's use of the anonymously sourced CBS News report of the threat went over like a "lead balloon" with its intended audience, Sen. Mike Lee (R., Utah) told Fox News.

"It wasn't just me who reacted that way," he said. "I think every member of the Senate Republican conference, all 53 of us, simultaneously, audibly groaned. We were very upset, and many of the same senators who they were trying to communicate to were really upset by this and didn't take kindly to it … I don't know why Schiff would want to do that, but he lost big time tonight."

Yes only tramp can call threaten people. If they groaned they know its true, he has a nasty and forked tongue and twitter finger. He is revengeful.

Dr+trumps+butthurt+salve+and+cream+for+those+angry+upset_a6a7dc_6152290.jpg

I don't know why Republican's took such offense. McConnel probably told them that, symbolically. We all know the revenge of tramp even on his republican's. They need to be kept in line, even Paul knows that:

“If they insist on having people like Bolton coming forward, my insistence will be not just one witness. But that the president should be able to call any witnesses that he deems necessary to his defense.” If any of his colleagues get any funny ideas, he added, they’ll be in for a world of pain. If “some Republicans help Democrats get witnesses and there are no witnesses for the president, I think the end result is a revolutionary tide against those people,” Paul said. “I can’t imagine that [Trump] will let it go by if someone votes to bring in witnesses that his administration isn’t interested in.”

Absolutely true. Trump has made it abundantly clear that he will turn the republican money machine against any senator who doesn't fall in line, while also making it clear that their campaigns will be enriched by this same money machine, if they do fall in line.

What's the mystery? Where is the debate? It's cut and dry.

I don't know why Republican's took such offense. McConnel probably told them that, symbolically. We all know the revenge of tramp even on his republican's. They need to be kept in line, even Paul knows that

Tell me, Penilumpy, do you actually manufacture all your pure garbage or do you wait for it to just come out of your ass first before feeding it back in through your mouth? That claim has already been proven false, another one of Schiff's "tall tales."

Tell me, Penilumpy, do you actually manufacture all your pure garbage or do you wait for it to just come out of your ass first before feeding it back in through your mouth?
Neither. This has flowed freely from the mentally ill child president's mouth.

It's not a head on a pike situation. It is more a situation of whether they want to keep their jobs and honor.
Yeah...so.... they are elected officials.
The President doesn't hire Senators and Congressmen. You do know that? Right?
And as for losing positions/power/panel seats... it's not like Republicans are the only ones that reward party loyalty and punish stepping away from the line. That has been true on both sides since before America became a country.

Like I said, the power of the tongue is the strongest weapon.

You mean like Trump's ability to bypass the media and take his message straight to the people? Democrats can only lie so many times to the people, they catch on eventually and will be pulling the lever for Trump in about 285 days.

You mean like Trump's ability to bypass the media and take his message straight to the people?
Other officials dont have the ability to tweet? You're drifting into la-la land, now.

No they don't... without sounding like asses. That's because they serve a different master from American people. Which is turn is why they go to CNN, which no one watches.

Forum List

Back