Schiff: Trump Thinking He Can Declassify Without a Process Shows How Dangerous He Is

Obama took classified documents and got away with it for nearly 6 years?
If so, then i suppose he deserves to get away with it, since our national archives would be so incompetent to not notice.
Also, amazing coincidence we never hear about Obama doing this until after Trump is caught doing this.
It is amazing, isn't it?

In true lib form, they complain about process while they send federal shock troops to drive-thrus and homes to harass the opposition.

Schiff: Trump Thinking He Can Declassify Without a Process Shows How Dangerous He Is

25 Sep 2022 ~~ By Pam Key

Representative Adam Schiff (D-CA) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that former President Donald Trump claiming a president can declassify information by thinking about it showed how dangerous he is to the national security of the United States.
Last week on Fox News, Trump said, “There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it. You know, there’s different people who say different things. As I understand, there doesn’t have to be. If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.

Commentary:

The fact that Schiff thinks the elected President must bow and scrape before unelected bureaucrats to beg permission to declassify shows how dangerous Schitt is.
Trump signed off on a STANDING ORDER that allowed him to do just that.
Schiff is an idiot. To think he believes we don't know this and that this even needs to be expressed shows us how stupid he thinks we are.

In that case neither did Trump, he's not a moron, you just believe lies that support your TDS hatred. Show us your proof.
He’s a moron.

It’s not up for debate whether he took the documents. Trump admits it.

How did you find out about "Trump breaking the law"? On the internet?...lol
I never said Trump broke the law.

But we have the benefit of legal filings to know some of what he did.

Note, there are repercussions to lying to the court. There’s no repercussions to lying on the internet.

Another Shits lie. Declassification was purposely created in a fashion that Presidents could do this Without having to run it by others
If Trump didn't have to tell other's then how the fuck are our intel agencies supposed to do their jobs without knowing that crttain intel is declassified, genius?

25 Sep 2022 ~~ By Pam Key

Representative Adam Schiff (D-CA) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that former President Donald Trump claiming a president can declassify information by thinking about it showed how dangerous he is to the national security of the United States.
Last week on Fox News, Trump said, “There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it. You know, there’s different people who say different things. As I understand, there doesn’t have to be. If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.

Commentary:

The fact that Schiff thinks the elected President must bow and scrape before unelected bureaucrats to beg permission to declassify shows how dangerous Schitt is.
Trump signed off on a STANDING ORDER that allowed him to do just that.
are you aware trump is no longer president...get woke

I never said Trump broke the law.

But we have the benefit of legal filings to know some of what he did.

Note, there are repercussions to lying to the court. There’s no repercussions to lying on the internet.
I never had sex with that woman...Ms Lewinsky...old billy lying like a dog under oath...where is he doing time

If Trump didn't have to tell other's then how the fuck are our intel agencies supposed to do their jobs without knowing that crttain intel is declassified, genius?
Not how it works. Declassifies first, agencies react second. Not the other way around

Yes, he got away with it because DOJ wasn't trying to prosecute him like they did Trump. There was much printed about Obama's virtual records at the time.
it would have been a bigger deal than Hillary's private email server.
I dont buy it.

The intel agencies do not have to know.
The declassifying any and all presidents do is just for specific people that the presidents know and keep track of themselves, such as staffers, aids, secretaries, advisors, lawyers, etc.
These people need to have access so they can help the president act on the classified intel.
This is standard procedure, Trump did nothing remotely different, and presidents are entirely and completely above all classified doc laws because classified doc laws are actually just presidential executive orders.

The only congressional law Trump had to watch out for was FOIA, which requires copies of all docs go to NARA.
But that does NOT include the copies Trump had from the White House.
Since those were only working copies, NARA already got the originals and had no interest in those.

it would have been a bigger deal than Hillary's private email server.
I dont buy it.
Hmm..., Is it any worse than the way, Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, or Obama handled their classified materials?
At least Trump has thjose materials under lock and key on his premises under Secret Service guard.

Last edited:
CORRECT!! Obama was never prosecuted like Trump. Do you ever ask yourself why? Trump never lied he was cooperating with NARA. No one has seen Obama's documents and no one is raiding his personal archives. If Trump (as POTUS) says a document is declassified it's declassified. Just like Obama.
A statement by his lawyers that there are no longer classified documents at Mar O Lago sure as hell was a lie. As attested by a picture of classified documents at Mar O Lago following a search warrant. Preceded by a subpoena to give the documents to the National archives that wasn't honored.

I don't know how you define cooperation but breaking the law to get out of giving what is demanded isn't in my... or for that matter any honest person's book.

Forum List

Back