Schiff: Trump Thinking He Can Declassify Without a Process Shows How Dangerous He Is

Schiff: Trump Thinking He Can Declassify Without a Process Shows How Dangerous He Is

25 Sep 2022 ~~ By Pam Key

Representative Adam Schiff (D-CA) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that former President Donald Trump claiming a president can declassify information by thinking about it showed how dangerous he is to the national security of the United States.
Last week on Fox News, Trump said, “There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it. You know, there’s different people who say different things. As I understand, there doesn’t have to be. If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.

Commentary:

The fact that Schiff thinks the elected President must bow and scrape before unelected bureaucrats to beg permission to declassify shows how dangerous Schitt is.
Trump signed off on a STANDING ORDER that allowed him to do just that.
schiff's obsession with trump is a real mental problem

It makes no sense.

Do you ever get tired of your media and their ever wishful but hopeless speculation about Donald Trump?

At this point, he is easily the most investigated politician in American history, and you got ZERO. ZILCH. NADA.

If you applied even a fraction of the scrutiny to the swamp rats in Congress, or Joe Biden - you'd have an endless treasure trove of hideous affronts to humanity.

And yet here you are. A good sheep, still listening to the media as they perpetually lie to you over and over and over.

OK, gotta go to dinner.

Spaghetti and meatballs with a nice Montepulciano D'Abruzzi! *Chef's Kiss*

I see you are new, so I will clue you in.

The cult NEVER answers in specifics. I ask for specifics all the time. They wont give specifics because they are lying and they know it.

Rhody, for real.

Take 30 seconds and search for the word “SPECIFICALLY” and then filter on my name.

You will see DOZENS of my posts asking for specifics from the cult.

You will find no specific responses, but welcome to the fight.

Representative Adam Schiff (D-CA) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that former President Donald Trump claiming a president can declassify information by thinking about it showed how dangerous he is to the national security of the United States.
Last week on Fox News, Trump said, “There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it. You know, there’s different people who say different things. As I understand, there doesn’t have to be. If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.

Commentary:

The fact that Schiff thinks the elected President must bow and scrape before unelected bureaucrats to beg permission to declassify shows how dangerous Schitt is.
I'll give my own commentary.

Nobody ANYWHERE claimed an elected president should "bow and scrape" to declassify any information. The problem with the "declassifying as a mind trick" theory is, that it seems to propose that unelected or for that matter elected bureaucrats shouldn't be notified at all when information is declassified (before OR after). Meaning declassification of documents doesn't mean it's declassified for everybody or for that matter that the people that developed the classified information can safeguard the means, (meaning people and methods) used to gain intelligence.

To put it more practical. Your proposing to not just make it possible for a president to simple declassify the identity of all agents working for the US in foreign nations. But your proposing to allow for the posibilty to do so without even allowing the relevant agencies to extract those agents by notifying he did so.

So yes, the idea that declassifying information is a purely methaphysical exercise is a danger to national security.

And immediately you decide to change the subject.

Once again, the idea that Trump declassified national security information is worse than if he had just taken it. Declassifying information makes it public and that would harm national security.
Because all of this is bull. We are a totalitarian state that promotes freedom as long as we all play ball.

Prove it! :abgg2q.jpg:

we cannot discern why Plaintiff would have an individual interest in or need for any of the one-hundred documents with classification markings. Classified documents are marked to show they are classified, for instance, with their classification level. Classified National Security Information, Exec. Order No. 13,526, § 1.6, 3 C.F.R. 298, 301 (2009 Comp.

The 11th district seems to have no doubt.

And immediately you decide to change the subject.

Once again, the idea that Trump declassified national security information is worse than if he had just taken it. Declassifying information makes it public and that would harm national security.
That's POTUSes prerogative and no one else's.

Given the fact that we live in a free country, we have a right to have opinions on his judgement.

In my opinion, he exhibited dangerous and selfish use of the power granted him.

Do you ever get tired of your media and their ever wishful but hopeless speculation about Donald Trump?

At this point, he is easily the most investigated politician in American history, and you got ZERO. ZILCH. NADA.

If you applied even a fraction of the scrutiny to the swamp rats in Congress, or Joe Biden - you'd have an endless treasure trove of hideous affronts to humanity.

And yet here you are. A good sheep, still listening to the media as they perpetually lie to you over and over and over.

OK, gotta go to dinner.

Spaghetti and meatballs with a nice Montepulciano D'Abruzzi! *Chef's Kiss*
Try having some reason for once. When it comes to the Trump faithful, the first thing they abandon is independent thought.

What about someone who is no longer POTUS? Does he simply get to declare he used that prerogative without needing to provide evidence of the act? An act that by its nature has wide-ranging consequences within the executive branch?

What about someone who is no longer POTUS? Does he simply get to declare he used that prerogative without needing to provide evidence of the act? An act that by its nature has wide-ranging consequences within the executive branch?
POTUS can declassify just by talking about the subject. POTUS has wide ranging authority. The question is, were the documents at Mar-A-Logo already declassified? In the past Presidents have taken documents and archived them. None was raided like Trump. I don't believe a President can declassify after leaving office. DOJ is trying to allege that Trump had classified documents but, the fact he has those documents may mean they were declassified by his actions.

A citizen dying for Schiff or Nadler, Schumer or Pelosi is a pure sucker.

Commentary:

Presidents don't expose our allies and intelligence assets to danger because of their blabbermouth compulsions.

Commentary:

What's the process? It has to be documented somewhere. Or, is Schiff thinking there's a process and therefore there is a process?... 🤣

POTUS can declassify just by talking about the subject. POTUS has wide ranging authority. The question is, were the documents at Mar-A-Logo already declassified? In the past Presidents have taken documents and archived them. None was raided like Trump. I don't believe a President can declassify after leaving office. DOJ is trying to allege that Trump had classified documents but, the fact he has those documents may mean they were declassified by his actions.
No president has "taken" documents. After leaving office the documents go to the archivist of the national archives. Who goes through them and then releases those that are deemed part of the presidential records. At which time they come under the control of the former president who then has the authority over those records an authority by the way that is limited in time. In other words at NO TIME are they his property. Nor are they just his to take. There is a process to that. Described in the Presidential records act.

As to some magic" declassified by default". I would love to know where you think such authority is derived from without documentation attesting to the fact?

Declassification is NOT a mind trick. It has consequences in the real world.

What's the process? It has to be documented somewhere. Or, is Schiff thinking there's a process and therefore there is a process?... 🤣
The process is that a president declassifies something and then notifies someone else who takes steps to actually declassify the documents. Both for national security and administrative purposes. ( making those documents available to the public)

The process is that a president declassifies something and then notifies someone else who takes steps to actually declassify the documents. Both for national security and administrative purposes. ( making those documents available to the public)
Ok, great. Now, post a link showing where that process is mandated.

Forum List

Back