Scene where young kids found butchered to death so gruesome first responders are seeking counseling

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
A Southern California woman who allegedly stabbed her three young children to death had reportedly been "unwell" for months, and the father of the kids is "devastated" after having pleaded with child services to get her help.

Investigators are working to establish a motive after the bodies of the children, ages 3, 2 and 6 months, were discovered by their grandmother when she returned home from work Saturday morning to their apartment in Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Times reported.

According to police, the scene was so gruesome that some of the initial responders are now getting counseling.

The mother of the children, 30-year-old Liliana Carrillo, was arrested hours later in Tulare County, about 200 miles north of Los Angeles, after igniting a massive manhunt.

She drove from the scene of the slayings in her car but ended up getting in an altercation that caused her to abandon that car and carjack another vehicle, LAPD Lt. Raul Jovel said.
I absolutely hate these types of cases generally because so often everyone involved only cares about what they want. And I'm kind of mad at the dad of these children because he's stated that he knew his girlfriend was not well and while he possibly could not foresee her doing something like this, her welfare and well being apparently was not important enough for them to intervene themselves when they couldn't get CPS to act [in a timely manner].

And I suspect that his commitment or rather lack thereof to his girlfriend and being a father to their 3 children, which she had one right after the other, was a triggering event when he then decided to take them from her.

This is heartbreaking and messed up all the way around.

Yes, let's place blame where it belongs. :rolleyes-41:
From your source:
Denton had been battling Carrillo, his ex-girlfriend, for custody of the boy and two girls for months and repeatedly reached out to the Department of Children and Family Services and police because he knew Carrillo "needed help," Miller said.

What did you want him to do exactly? Kidnap the children and end up fighting in court for his freedom?
Sounds like he did what he could, but the screwed up state of California fell short.
But, lets be mad at the father. Sheesh, you people never get it right.

You could be right. . . . but then again. . it is possible we don't have enough information in this news piece to really know what was actually going on.

If he was working 50-60 hours a week to make sure they had a home and food. . . or whatever, and she had post-partum depression, and was isolated b/c of lock-downs, locked in, alone, taking care of those kids, educating them, entertaining them, cleaning the house, doing the chores, with no help, but be being driven nuts by the help of that mom. . .

. . well, we just don't know. :dunno:

I am more thinking this is one of those tragic cases of the technocrats not realizing what the consequences of their lock-down policies and keeping kids out of school is going to do.

But, again, like I say, we are all just making guesses, because there is not enough information in the article, just hints of what is going on. Something really drove this woman nutty.

We know that he tried to do something, and someone HAD to be responsible for those kids, all that time, everyday.

And someone had to make sure they paid the bills and had enough to eat.

. . . and something put a strain on the relationship that was driving the whole thing over the edge in. . . oh, at least the past year.

What could that be. . . hmmmmmmmmm :eusa_think:

IMO, California's government response to COVID was more deadly to those kids than the actual disease. . . . from where I am standing.

Filicide is rough. She should've drowned them like Andrea Yates, Susan Smith, or Casey Anthony. Killing little kids with a knife is psycho and gruesome.

You could be right. . . . but then again. . it is possible we don't have enough information in this news piece to really know what was actually going on.

If he was working 50-60 hours a week to make sure they had a home and food. . . or whatever, and she had post-partum depression, and was isolated b/c of lock-downs, locked in, alone, taking care of those kids, educating them, entertaining them, cleaning the house, doing the chores, with no help, but be being driven nuts by the help of that mom. . .

. . well, we just don't know. :dunno:

I am more thinking this is one of those tragic cases of the technocrats not realizing what the consequences of their lock-down policies and keeping kids out of school is going to do.

But, again, like I say, we are all just making guesses, because there is not enough information in the article, just hints of what is going on. Something really drove this woman nutty.

We know that he tried to do something, and someone HAD to be responsible for those kids, all that time, everyday.

And someone had to make sure they paid the bills and had enough to eat.

. . . and something put a strain on the relationship that was driving the whole thing over the edge in. . . oh, at least the past year.

What could that be. . . hmmmmmmmmm :eusa_think:

IMO, California's government response to COVID was more deadly to those kids than the actual disease. . . . from where I am standing.
Excellent reply!

From your source:
Denton had been battling Carrillo, his ex-girlfriend, for custody of the boy and two girls for months and repeatedly reached out to the Department of Children and Family Services and police because he knew Carrillo "needed help," Miller said.

What did you want him to do exactly? Kidnap the children and end up fighting in court for his freedom?
Sounds like he did what he could, but the screwed up state of California fell short.
Yeah, I am mad at the father. He had three children with a woman he is not married to, he then left her and started proceedings to take custody of their children from her. I would wager that's not what she signed up for when she agreed to have children by him (if any thought was even put into the matter), but hey I personally think it's a stupid thing to do on both their parts - having 3 children one after another and with no legal commitment from your partner that they will be a part of your and their lives.

More importantly though when you go to the government for help and they don't help, you don't just stop looking for help. You do what you have to get the help needed. I mean he could have delayed the custody battle and instead focused on helping her with her mental issues. If they could have gotten her into a hospital or somewhere for treatment then he could have applied for temporary custody since she wouldn't have been able to care for them while under treatment. This would have gotten the children away from her until she began doing better and made him their primary caregiver until he could obtain legal custody.

If you have someone who is struggling mentally, particularly if she's suffering from postpartum depression, you don't exacerbate the situation by subjecting them to a custody battle. That's can be a traumatic and painful event for even the most stable person to have to go through. A little compassion shown to the mother and maybe those children would still be alive.

From your source:

Yeah, I am mad at the father. He had three children with a woman he is not married to, he then left her and started proceedings to take custody of their children from her. I would wager that's not what she signed up for when she agreed to have children by him (if any thought was even put into the matter), but hey I personally think it's a stupid thing to do on both their parts - having 3 children one after another and with no legal commitment from your partner that they will be a part of your and their lives.

More importantly though when you go to the government for help and they don't help, you don't just stop looking for help. You do what you have to get the help needed. I mean he could have delayed the custody battle and instead focused on helping her with her mental issues. If they could have gotten her into a hospital or somewhere for treatment then he could have applied for temporary custody since she wouldn't have been able to care for them while under treatment. This would have gotten the children away from her until she began doing better and made him their primary caregiver until he could obtain legal custody.

If you have someone who is struggling mentally, particularly if she's suffering from postpartum depression, you don't exacerbate the situation by subjecting them to a custody battle. That's can be a traumatic and painful event for even the most stable person to have to go through. A little compassion shown to the mother and maybe those children would still be alive.

A LOT of what you say, is probably very true.

BUT. . . hindsight is always 20/20. For folks that are working lots of hours, and are dealing with the stress of survival, none of this occurs to them in the moment, especially when they don't believe, or understand a 'worse case scenario,' from their partner. Many have a hard time walking a mile in the shoes of another, which as you point out in your OP, folks have a terrible, terrible time, thinking about the troubles, worries and needs, from the perspective of anyone but themselves.

It is easy to blame him, but I doubt she was walking a mile in his shoes, if she had, perhaps crazy behavior would not have manifested causing him to want to leave the relationship and filing for custody. . .

Or I doubt if either of them had unconditional love and were willing to sacrifice and give their all in that relationship for the well-being and happiness of their kids, and just suck up the depression and dissatisfaction of the relationship, until this whole shit show is over. . . .

At a certain point, people need to be responsible for their OWN behavior. No, the person that the most blame for going postal on this, for this, rightly belongs, is, in the end, the mother.

Let's not be disingenuous here.

Mothers and Fathers all across California are in the same situation, and worse, and they don't butcher their families.

It is easy to blame him, but I doubt she was walking a mile in his shoes, if she had, perhaps crazy behavior would not have manifested causing him to want to leave the relationship and filing for custody. . .
This statement is just wrong. Crazy behavior? Any man who believes that depression and the resultant behavior that is a result of a woman giving birth to his child is a valid reason to decide he doesn't want to be with her any more AND to take her children from her is just an asshole in my personal opinion.

You'd be surprised at the number of men who leave relationships simply because they don't want to be accountable to anyone.

She had a newborn infant to care for along with two other toddlers. You really think she needed to be the one to stop and squeeze "walking in his shoes" into her day? There are people who can make other people crazy, and some do it intentionally, actually that's where the term 'gaslighting' originated. They can make you behave out of character in response to the wrong things they do to you (the crazy making) and then turn around and use your behavior against you. Once a person realizes this is happening, they need to get away from that person immediately, however in this case, it doesn't appear to have been an option.

Yes, she is directly responsible for the death of her three children but I still believe their deaths could have been prevented.

From your source:

You seem to have all the personal details to this story. Would you mind posting your source?
Because I don't know everything the father has or hasn't done to protect his children, but you do?

From your source:

You seem to have all the personal details to this story. Would you mind posting your source?
Because I don't know everything the father has or hasn't done to protect his children, but you do?
And on top of that, her OP starts out with a call to empathy, which is noble, and I totally, and completely agree with, it would have prevented this tragedy;

generally because so often everyone involved only cares about what they want.

BUT??!!

This call then turns out to be. . . well, disingenuous when we discuss it and look at the possible deeper issues, doesn't it?

You really think she needed to be the one to stop and squeeze "walking in his shoes" into her day?

That doesn't sound like a call for folks to not just worry about self interest. It sounds like we are only to be concerned about the mother. . . the person that seemed to refuse to get help for her problems and killed her babies and destroyed a family. . .

Not to mention the crime spree she went on after that. . .

". . . The mother of the children, 30-year-old Liliana Carrillo, was arrested hours later in Tulare County, about 200 miles north of Los Angeles, after igniting a massive manhunt.

She drove from the scene of the slayings in her car but ended up getting in an altercation that caused her to abandon that car and carjack another vehicle, LAPD Lt. Raul Jovel said.. . ."

Listen. . . as a single father who took custody of my kid away from his mother because, at that time in her life, she was thinking about HERSELF, and not our family or our son, I raised him till adult hood. . . and the OP is making that assumption that the father wants custody for his own reasons. . .

How do you know that he had time, that he wasn't just as busy and stressed with work? And doing his share of houshold chores and childcare? That's just it, WE DON'T!

NOW because he knows this situation better than the OP, and the fact that clearly the mother IS UNFIT.

Stop making the assumption that kids are always best left to their moms. Sometimes, dads are much better primary care givers.

She had a newborn infant to care for along with two other toddlers.

No, she had the help of the grandmother and the father, who both (probably) managed to have jobs as well. So, when they were not working, how come the mother didn't go get a job too? Or seek help for her emotional problems? Or did she? Did the therapist demand she stop her drinking and pot smoking? Or was she in school? WE JUST DON'T KNOW.

As I said before. . . there is a lot to this, we just don't know. I can no more place all the blame on her, than you can place ANY blame on the father for clearly wanting to look out for the best interests of his own kids.

From your source:

And on top of that, her OP starts out with a call to empathy, which is noble, and I totally, and completely agree with, it would have prevented this tragedy;

BUT??!!

This call then turns out to be. . . well, disingenuous when we discuss it and look at the possible deeper issues, doesn't it?

You really think she needed to be the one to stop and squeeze "walking in his shoes" into her day?

That doesn't sound like a call for folks to not just worry about self interest. It sounds like we are only to be concerned about the mother. . . the person that seemed to refuse to get help for her problems and killed her babies and destroyed a family. . .

". . . The mother of the children, 30-year-old Liliana Carrillo, was arrested hours later in Tulare County, about 200 miles north of Los Angeles, after igniting a massive manhunt.

She drove from the scene of the slayings in her car but ended up getting in an altercation that caused her to abandon that car and carjack another vehicle, LAPD Lt. Raul Jovel said.. . ."

Listen. . . as a single father who took custody of my kid away from his mother because, at that time in her life, she was thinking about HERSELF, and not our family or our son, I raised him till adult hood. . . and the OP is making that assumption that the father wants custody for his own reasons. . .

How do you know that he had time, that he wasn't just as busy and stressed with work? And doing his share of houshold chores and childcare? That's just it, WE DON'T!

NOW because he knows this situation better than the OP, and the fact that clearly the mother IS UNFIT.

Stop making the assumption that kids are always best left to their moms. Sometimes, dads are much better primary care givers.

No, she had the help of the grandmother and the father, who both (probably) managed to have jobs as well. So, when they were not working, how come the mother didn't go get a job too? Or seek help for her emotional problems? Or did she? Did the therapist demand she stop her drinking and pot smoking? Or was she in school? WE JUST DON'T KNOW.

As I said before. . . there is a lot to this, we just don't know. I can no more place all the blame on her, than you can place ANY blame on the father for clearly wanting to look out for the best interests of his own kids.
Only time will tell.

That is just another reason to only have it out for those who don't hesitate to be guilty of such activity. First responders and whoever has to clean up whatever mess is left behind, they too in my opinion become victims of whatever has taken place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. In case this isn't said enough and we all know that it may never be, their service is appreciated.

Fake Nooz !!! Fake blond !!!
kopechne.PNG

From your source:

BUT??!!

Only time will tell.
That's usually the case. When tragedy strikes, we are all left with more questions than answers.

Consciously or unconsciously we all deal with issues related to PTSD but for some reason the Obama administration decided to award PTSD pensions to Military personnel who who never saw a day of combat and only imagined how bad it could be.

Forum List

Back