Scary: Ga. Man Arrested for Charging His Electric Car at Local Middle School

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
What's scary? Not the fact he was arrested but the officer's written report!

According to the Chamblee police report, the police officer wrote, "I asked him why his vehicle was plugged into the power at the school. He told me that was an excepted [sic] practice and that I was making to [sic] much of it. I asked him if he has [sic] asked the Dekalb County school system if he could take the power. He told me that I did not ask if my patrol car can dirty the air -- did you? He says 'No you did not'."

Ga. Man Arrested for Charging Electric Car at Local Middle School - ABC News

What are the qualifications to join this police department? A fifth grade education? :eusa_eh:

CaféAuLait;8248158 said:

According to the Chamblee police report, the police officer wrote, "I asked him why his vehicle was plugged into the power at the school. He told me that was an excepted [sic] practice and that I was making to [sic] much of it. I asked him if he has [sic] asked the Dekalb County school system if he could take the power. He told me that I did not ask if my patrol car can dirty the air -- did you? He says 'No you did not'."

What are the qualifications to join this police department? A fifth grade education? :eusa_eh:

this story in the story is more scary

just another mandate

Palo Alto, Calif. Requires All New Homes to Have Electric Vehicle Chargers - ABC News

The only thing that I can think of is that the guy should have charged his ride at his own place and not made another place's electrical bill go through the roof.

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

The only thing that I can think of is that the guy should have charged his ride at his own place and not made another place's electrical bill go through the roof.

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

This is a local news story--barely worth a mention

It is about his attitude--nothing new about that.

There had been previous reports or something.

so insane--the world has gone insane.

CaféAuLait;8248158 said:

this story in the story is more scary

just another mandate

Palo Alto, Calif. Requires All New Homes to Have Electric Vehicle Chargers - ABC News

Nutters LOVE being scared!

It might be worthy of a fine or restitution. They should have given him a choice of paying up or jail.

It might be worthy of a fine or restitution. They should have given him a choice of paying up or jail.

He has now spent a couple of hundred dollars--he won't be happy with a fine--if he wants to argue with the judge--could become more expensive.

--it is clear enough to me that wherever I might happen to be--best to speak with respect to any member of LE.

That is just how it is.

If it is true and it probably is --that someone had reported this on several previous occasions--that would explain why the officer was there.

?I suppose it is 'allowed'--to use the school's tennis courts to give private lessons--don't know about that. Could have been an issue. How does this parent interact with the school--could have been an issue.

so sick of trying to analyze legal matters when you can never have all of the information.

the only thing I can learn from such discussions--try to be proactive--be informed about whatever laws your area has--be respectful, etc.

Last edited:

He has now spent a couple of hundred dollars--he won't be happy with a fine--if he wants to argue with the judge--could become more expensive.

--it is clear enough to me that wherever I might happen to be--best to speak with respect to any member of LE.

That is just how it is.

If it is true and it probably is --that someone had reported this on several previous occasions--that would explain why the officer was there.

?I suppose it is 'allowed'--to use the school's tennis courts to give private lessons--don't know about that. Could have been an issue. How does this parent interact with the school--could have been an issue.

so sick of trying to analyze legal matters when you can never have all of the information.

the only thing I can learn from such discussions--try to be proactive--be informed about whatever laws your area has--be respectful, etc.

According to the online article in the news, this is what was allegedly said:

Marc Johnson, police chief and city manager of Chamblee, said, "Bottom line: if he had just said, 'Sorry I can just unplug,' there wouldn't have been a report."

Is it theft or not? Because he argued, he is being arrested. Why wasn't he charged for not unplugging?

This sounds like subterfuge and people get sued for subterfuge.

He was in contempt of pig. That's all.

You are right.

Quote:
Marc Johnson, police chief and city manager of Chamblee, said, "Bottom line: if he had just said, 'Sorry I can just unplug,' there wouldn't have been a report."

Is it theft or not? Because he argued, he is being arrested. Why wasn't he charged for not unplugging?

Ohhh he was caught stealing and then the enviorowacko mouthed off to the cop.

Why can't you run a red light if it's 3 in the morning and you are the only car on the road?

Ohhh he was caught stealing and then the enviorowacko mouthed off to the cop.

Why can't you run a red light if it's 3 in the morning and you are the only car on the road?

Don't charge your phone at a free public charging station because it is stealing from the taxpayers.

That is just how it is.

all of that is true.

If I had to 'bet'--I would bet that this has something to do with issues between this individual and the school. It isn't far from me. Surprised to learn that there was a charging station at this school--the area is between a very affluent area and a very diverse --much lower income area. I hate to speculate--but know that sometimes a sense of 'entitlement' exists, which can irritate others in the community. Inferences were made in a local discussion that lead me to believe this. True/not true--I cannot say.

How long will it take to get this case to court--I guess it will be a matter for DeKalb County--very busy prosecuting crime over there. Or maybe it would go to ?magistrate court--I guess Chamblee has that. mind is gone--completely gone.

eta:
http://chamblee.11alive.com/news/news/515752-colbert-plans-segment-jailed-electric-car-owner

<

Kamooneh says he is also meeting with an attorney next week, some of whom have offered to represent him at no charge. He says Chamblee Police have made numerous false statements about the incident, including

* that Kamooneh had been warned to stay off the tennis court at Chamblee Middle School previously. Kamooneh says he "emphatically" denies that.

* that Kamooneh was taking a tennis lesson on the court, not his son. Kamooneh re-stated that he was watching his son take the lesson on the court.

* that Kamooneh had been uncooperative with police who investigated the alleged theft. Kamooneh reiterated that he expressed disbelief that the officer was pondering a criminal charge, but cooperated fully.

Records show that a Chamblee police sergeant told a DeKalb judge that Kamooneh had swiped $10-25 worth of electricity during the incident. The judge issued the warrant for Kamooneh's arrest. Later, police admitted they didn't know the value of the electricity involved.

He was charged with misdemeanor theft by taking, and jailed for 15 hours before making bond. >
so--that is as much as I know and more than I wish I knew.

I am also convinced that the 'whole truth' has yet to be discovered.

Stephen?Steven Colbert plans to do a segment. Can't imagine that will be helpful--a few good lols.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back