Saw this on Reddit and got a good laugh. It hit home pretty hard.

Anomalism

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2020
au0q8uavjc071.jpg

Why does atheism threaten you and drive you crazy?
You Jesus junkies can't stop taking a poke at it. Its like it's a crusade or vocation that it must be ridiculed. Do you feel guilty about being conned and then want to implicate atheism as a similar con?
What's your point?
Why does religion threaten you and drive you crazy?

Are you afraid you'll be held accountable for your life?

You Jesus junkies can't stop taking a poke at it. Its like it's a crusade or vocation that it must be ridiculed. Do you feel guilty about being conned and then want to implicate atheism as a similar con?
What's your point?
Is there a typical atheist? An atheist is about as likely to be "typical" as a believer is likely to be typical. Both can fall into broader classifications. For example, the atheists in my family are accepting and even trusting in the beliefs of others. They simply hold no belief--and believers in my family are as equally accepting and trusting that some hold no belief.

Some people of faith can be classified as those who believe atheists are doomed; others of faith note what Paul said in Romans and realize ultimately, it is all in the hands of a loving and merciful God.

Another classification that astounds me is the classification of believers who insist on young earth, every Biblical word is literal. Atheists seem to love this minority. Whether believer or atheist, both these group seems to think religion is all about taking the Bible literally and having a young earth when the majority of believers know that this is about the last thing of which religion is about. Their discussions sound like listening to a sports fan and a history buff having a conversation where one is talking football while the other enthusiastically responds with anecdotes from pre-Columbian history.

The point each and every group, each classification, is trying to get across is a greater understanding from the other of what they believe and why they believe it. Let's listen.

Here is a thought from far off in left field. There is one thing to be held accountable, but what accountability isn't the entire picture? For example, if there is trouble in the womb, a handicapped child enters the world. What if this life is like the formation of a person in yet a second womb. What if the sins (defects) we allow in ourselves by the way we go through this life results in being born with handicaps into the next life.

Here is a thought from far off in left field. There is one thing to be held accountable, but what accountability isn't the entire picture? For example, if there is trouble in the womb, a handicapped child enters the world. What if this life is like the formation of a person in yet a second womb. What if the sins (defects) we allow in ourselves by the way we go through this life results in being born with handicaps into the next life.
What if we all just live and let live?

What if the sun turned blue?

How about we don't worry about 'what if' and just concentrate on what is.

What's your point?
Is there a typical atheist? An atheist is about as likely to be "typical" as a believer is likely to be typical. Both can fall into broader classifications. For example, the atheists in my family are accepting and even trusting in the beliefs of others. They simply hold no belief--and believers in my family are as equally accepting and trusting that some hold no belief.

Some people of faith can be classified as those who believe atheists are doomed; others of faith note what Paul said in Romans and realize ultimately, it is all in the hands of a loving and merciful God.

Another classification that astounds me is the classification of believers who insist on young earth, every Biblical word is literal. Atheists seem to love this minority. Whether believer or atheist, both these group seems to think religion is all about taking the Bible literally and having a young earth when the majority of believers know that this is about the last thing of which religion is about. Their discussions sound like listening to a sports fan and a history buff having a conversation where one is talking football while the other enthusiastically responds with anecdotes from pre-Columbian history.

The point each and every group, each classification, is trying to get across is a greater understanding from the other of what they believe and why they believe it. Let's listen.

You went to a lot effort to say nothing.
I'll reiterate. There is no God and never has been. You have no evidence whatsoever to the contrary.
You belch religious crap like it is established fact. Now produce some whacky theories about your opinion of atheists. Give me strength.

The fact remains You gutsbelieve in ridiculous events and fairy tales that no rational could possibly agree with it. Its fanciful verging on delusional.

It's your strict adherence to that dogma which continually brings religion into disrepute. Yet you bible thumpers imply it is atheists which require education.

You can reply all you like but you'll never get me to adopt any if your outrageous claims about God etc. It's simply does not exist.

You can reply all you like but you'll never get me to adopt any if your outrageous claims about God
You may not have what is mine. You will have to make do with your own beliefs. I have my beliefs, you have yours....How do you see the discussion progressing from here?

You can reply all you like but you'll never get me to adopt any if your outrageous claims about God
You may not have what is mine. You will have to make do with your own beliefs. I have my beliefs, you have yours....How do you see the discussion progressing from here?
The discussion will not progress until you prove there us a god. Nor it should because for you to believe that unproven rubbish, there is no discussion. You want me to discuss something that does not exist and you know it. Your faith does not make it fact nor does belief.

Living in a world of religions and not sceric of fact attached is fantasy. It's no different to kids fairy tales.

You can't ask anyone to respect your view based on that nor can a discussion be held around it.

The discussion will not progress until you prove there us a god.
Don't be silly. Even my middle school science students know that physical existence (matter) is needed in order to establish proof. The spiritual realm has no physical matter, so exploration of the spiritual realm is quite different from exploring the physical realm. If you wish to limit your studies to that which is physical, more power to you. You will probably find that even in the physical realm you will specialize in some area.

I say often enough that some people are settlers--they explore what is in front of them; others are pioneers--they are not content to remain in the physical realm but wish to explore beyond, into the spiritual realm. There is nothing physical there, so nothing to interest or bother you with.

Living in a world of religions and not sceric of fact attached is fantasy.
How do you know? Have you explored the spiritual world? Keep in mind all the people in Columbus' day who assured him all there was over the sea was...nothing. Columbus was a pioneer. He explored beyond what was known.

Forum List

Back