Saved; saved with Church

deorro 1

Aug 22, 2019
Hooked on drugs and Church saved me.

I hear this many times. 'I was hooked on drugs and Church saved me and helped me clean up my 'addicted' life'.

And so I'm enthused. Church being like rehabilitation. Church offering methadone just like heroin clinics offer methadone for those wanting to get clean.. Yet this is Church and Church can and does the same thing(s) as these detox centers with their 'statistical' success rates and records.

So I'm enthused.

But often times I hear that Church and (J)esus Christ 'saved' such persons... And again, I'm enthused. I'm glad.

And here is where I sometimes wonder.

Being 'saved' within Church which leads to salvation, and salvation leading to a life being sanctified and this life of sanctification being lived as doers of the Word and not only hearers.. And within this life of doing the Word and not only hearing, the person, the saved person(s), stores up for him/herself treasures in Heaven where neither moth nor dust enter in to corrupt or steal...

And so this is the real meaning of Christianity, isn't it? To live storing up those 'treasures' in The Kingdom of Heaven so that when this passing life is finished with there could be a 'retirement' egg to fall upon for maybe a longer portion of 'life', to come. Those who are wise plan ahead and so store up for their retirement(s). Here on Earth and also for there, for Eternity.

So these 'rewards' of self stored and kept treasures, maybe accruing interest, compounded, or for those who have not yet begun storing up for their future retirement, the jurisdictioned 'rewards' which 'Love' might have set aside some 'watchers' to keep and watch and record the acts and deeds, the speech, the relationships of each person. And these life 'doings' of each individual will result in 'rewards'; these rewards to be used as those 'treasures' stored up might be used... for their future retirement...

So one stores up, invests, works at, applies, keeps track of, tends to, etc... the future retirement.. this could be seen as responsibility....

And the other does not store up but invests, works at, applies, keeps track of, tends to.. etc. the present 'walk'... to keep sober and clean.. to not get anything within the Church boiling.. to be pleasant.. to not be troublesome... etc...

And it is with this name of (J)esus Christ and Church that this 'saving' occurred.. because before this happened, the person was high strung out on drugs or doing drugs enough where having him/her stop was well enough to have a celebration unto life gained. And with this salvation comes the first set of persons, again.. #1 the one working to store up rewards and treasures in The Kingdom of Heaven and #2 the one not storing up rewards or treasures but working on not getting the Church offended; especially after (J)esus Christ 'helped' sober up a 'user' just like rehab and detox centers 'sober' up users.. But with Church, there are those that 'family' life can be gained during and after the sobering up process..

So as a 'family', they are all either planning for their retirement or trying to stay on course in their daily living to not get too far off the straight path..... and sometimes this path being marked by and with hardships....

So my question is....

If rewards is what is being worked upon... which is eventually the final 'goal', even with daily righteous living, what 'good' might the sobered up ex drug user begin doing so as to earn rewards that he/she was not earning while he/she was doing drugs? What new 'good' has begun to which a 'reward' can be attributed to and what new 'good' could occur to which the 'rewards' in The Kingdom of Heaven which he/she 'received'; because of the good 'deeds' he/she did while on earth, could have had the doing part and not only the hearing part associated with while alive? In other words, a person going from drug user to clean and sober... and this is supposed to be Heavenly.. but what new 'reward(s)' were gained with this Heavenly transformation to which the 'fruit' can be as evidence to that 'pearl' being found which was/is as The Kingdom of Heaven?

Christianity is not only about the relationship between self and Christ and Holy God. It is also about what Christ Messiah talked about most of the time. Love one another.

To love one another does not mean going into recluse for no justifiable reason.
To love one another does not mean to put the entire neighborhood being bars.
To love one another does not mean to lock yourself up in a room and claim, 'devil, devil.. there is a devil outside'..
To love one another is from where those 'rewards' are gained and stored up by and with within The Kingdom of Heaven. To love one another... Family, friends, associates, neighbors, community members; even Country... 'Ask not what your Country can do for you, ask what you can do for your Country'....

Love one another .... and by being 'doers' of the Word and not only 'hearers', treasures can be actively being invested upon for future retirement 'eggs'.

So if the ex drug user did not stop using drugs for his/her personal true desire, but somewhat pressured, what 'good' would he/she have done?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back