Saudi Arabia announces the execution of three soldiers for 'high treason'

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Saudi Arabia on Saturday executed three soldiers for "high treason", the defence ministry said, in a rare public announcement that accused them of colluding with an unspecified enemy.

The executions come as a Saudi-led military campaign intensifies in neighbouring Yemen and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the kingdom's de facto ruler, consolidates his grip on power.
The soldiers were convicted of "the crime of high treason in cooperation with the enemy" in a way that threatens the kingdom and its military interests, the ministry said in a statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency.
The statement named the three soldiers -- Mohammed bin Ahmed, Shaher bin Issa and Hamoud bin Ibrahim -- without identifying which enemy they were accused of aiding.

Wow. I would like to know what they did and who they aided.

RE: Saudi Arabia Announces the Execution ...
※→ et al,

BLUF: That is a domestic matter and an internal security problem.

Wow. I would like to know what they did and who they aided
(COMMENT)

It is one of those areas that America should stay away from.

It is one thing to comment on matters of International Law. It is another matter entirely to comment on a foreign national security matter for which America has no dog in the fight.

β Nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorize the United Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state. (Article 2(7), UN Charter)​

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Saudi law has always been despicable and must be scorned internationally.

※→ et al,

(COMMENT)

It is one thing to comment on matters of International Law. It is another matter entirely to comment on a foreign national security matter for which America has no dog in the fight.

β Nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorize the United Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state. (Article 2(7), UN Charter)​

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
Oh, no. I will comment the hell out of anything I like, Rocco. Don't be silly. When I need a lecture, I will look you up.

SUBTOPIC: Open Apology
※→ Disir, et al,

BLUF: I would NOT even make the presumption to "lecture" you on matters of international diplomacy. I would have hoped you notice, that my
Comment #2 to this thread was NOT addressed to you specifically. But it was directed to the discussion group and "in addition others" (et al).

mea culpa: If my commentary did not make that clear in the header, please accept my sincere apology.

※→ et al,

(COMMENT)

β Nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorize the United Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state. (Article 2(7), UN Charter)

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
Oh, no. I will comment the hell out of anything I like, Rocco. Don't be silly. When I need a lecture, I will look you up.
(COMMENT)

I seldom offer an alternative view without some pointer to the origin of the concept. But, as it offends some people, I try NOT to reduce it to an ad hominem attack
(directed against a person rather than the position). (Fallacies • SEP • Locke - 2.4.3)

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

SUBTOPIC: Open Apology
※→ Disir, et al,

BLUF: I would NOT even make the presumption to "lecture" you on matters of international diplomacy. I would have hoped you notice, that my
Comment #2 to this thread was NOT addressed to you specifically. But it was directed to the discussion group and "in addition others" (et al).

mea culpa: If my commentary did not make that clear in the header, please accept my sincere apology.

※→ et al,

(COMMENT)

β Nothing contained in the present Charter shall authorize the United Nations to intervene in matters which are essentially within the domestic jurisdiction of any state. (Article 2(7), UN Charter)

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
(COMMENT)

I seldom offer an alternative view without some pointer to the origin of the concept. But, as it offends some people, I try NOT to reduce it to an ad hominem attack
(directed against a person rather than the position). (Fallacies • SEP • Locke - 2.4.3)

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R
:11_2_1043:It's all good, Rocco. Were cool.

It isn't necessary to eliminate them.

Forum List

Back