Saturday Night Seduction

If the friend has a "secret crush" on her, WHY THE HECK WOULD HE ATTEMPT TO DISCOURAGE THE FOCUS OF HIS ATTENTION?????

:eusa_eh: I obviously wasn't clear, or you have a comprehension issue. (Either one will work.... :tongue:). Not discourage his attention, discourage the attention of the one she is interested in.

Oh, now it's all so much more clear....like knowing she is female, without knowing what's "between her legs.":doubt:

Okay. You're not reading her posts......... I understand now........
(Well sorta.....).

:eusa_eh: I obviously wasn't clear, or you have a comprehension issue. (Either one will work.... :tongue:). Not discourage his attention, discourage the attention of the one she is interested in.

Oh, now it's all so much more clear....like knowing she is female, without knowing what's "between her legs.":doubt:

(Well sorta.....).

I'm quoting YOUR posts: Is Shogun using your account? Either that or you've developed his habit of simply stringing words together and hoping for the best.

(Well sorta.....).

I'm quoting YOUR posts: Is Shogun using your account? Either that or you've developed his habit of simply stringing words together and hoping for the best.

Context. Yes I know it's much more fun out of context but you really must focus. It's not a spoon.........

(Well sorta.....).

I think I get what Ringel is saying now. There is apparently a third party involved who is giving Shadow advice. Ringel's theory I think is that the friend, let's call him Iago, is trying to discourage Shadow's objet d'amour, so that he, Iago, can have a clear shot at her himself.

Last edited:
(Well sorta.....).

Context. Yes I know it's much more fun out of context but you really must focus. It's not a spoon.........

The problem is I am focused.... On your absurdly ridiculous postings:

"Ya know, your friend might secretly have a crush on you and is attempting to discourage you in your pursuit."

What you meant to say was: "the guy that is advising you to break off your pursuit, may have ulterior and selfish motives because he has a crush on you."

Now was that so fucking difficult????

Last edited:

"Ya know, your friend might secretly have a crush on you and is attempting to discourage you in your pursuit."

What you meant to say was: "the guy that is advising you to break off your pursuit, may have ulterior and selfish motives because he has a crush on you."

Wow. For you it wasn't difficult at all now was it........ :eusa_whistle:
Nice rephrase. I like it, but not my style, I obviously prefer the ridiculously verbose.

Nice rephrase. I like it, but not my style, I obviously prefer the ridiculously verbose.

Silly Rabbit.

Silly Rabbit.

Tricks are for hookers..... :tongue:

Yes, it is a "good idea". Too many times, people are tentative. He could perhaps be interested and, at times, you may be busy and he may interpret that as you not being interested.

The worst things in life are the "what ifs"....

I can agree with this. Or someone could have an off day or two, and be seen as the same.

I kind of got a comment from a friend to "go for it,but expect a no...that way you wont be hurt and can move on". I'm kind of wondering if maybe he knows something I don't (he won't really elaborate on this situation with me). Or if he just meant to be careful....he kind of chooses his words carefully. At any rate I guess I will think on it for awhile. He did also say that men don't really like to be pursed,because many women tend to come with baggage that can scare them or make them leary.

Well if it doesn't work out we can whisper sweet nothings in your in box, (no I don't mean yodeling in the canyon ya sick twisted bastards), and play virtual footsies all day long.
Ya know, your friend might secretly have a crush on you and is attempting to discourage you in your pursuit.
Just a thought.

My friend is happily married, and not interested in me. We got started on the subject of me maybe getting set up or just going out on a date (he brought it up). So,I asked him what he thought about women asking men out. That's pretty much it. And, no, he didn't have anyone in mind to set me up with, because I asked and he said he didn't. I just got the impression he was "aware" of the situation/topic of this thread and the "other" party involved....only he plays dumb,and won't get into specifics with me....if you get my drift LOL. He didn't say not to ask...just to be prepared incase the answer turned out to be a no.

I think I'm finished with this topic anyway... I don't really want to talk about it anymore. *sigh*

Last edited:
I can agree with this. Or someone could have an off day or two, and be seen as the same.

I kind of got a comment from a friend to "go for it,but expect a no...that way you wont be hurt and can move on". I'm kind of wondering if maybe he knows something I don't (he won't really elaborate on this situation with me). Or if he just meant to be careful....he kind of chooses his words carefully. At any rate I guess I will think on it for awhile. He did also say that men don't really like to be pursed,because many women tend to come with baggage that can scare them or make them leary.

Well if it doesn't work out we can whisper sweet nothings in your in box, (no I don't mean yodeling in the canyon ya sick twisted bastards), and play virtual footsies all day long.
Ya know, your friend might secretly have a crush on you and is attempting to discourage you in your pursuit.
Just a thought.

My friend is happily married, and not interested in me. We got started on the subject of me maybe getting set up or just going out on a date (he brought it up). So,I asked him what he thought about women asking men out. That's pretty much it. And, no, he didn't have anyone in mind to set me up with, because I asked and he said he didn't. I just got the impression he was "aware" of the situation/topic of this thread and the "other" party involved....only he plays dumb,and won't get into specifics with me....if you get my drift LOL. He didn't say not to ask...just to be prepared incase the answer turned out to be a no.

I think I'm finished with this topic anyway... I don't really want to talk about it anymore. *sigh*[/QUOTE
It was a stab in the dark, specially without the info you just provided. We could speculate all day and never get it right. Good luck.

There's a lot of factors that go into it. Length of relationship and commitment to relationship are two of them. I'm in a committed, long term relationship with my boyfriend. So, sometimes yes, I want the wine, flowers, etc. and other times, given that we have kids, he works, I have the house to take care of, etc., a quick slap on the ass and a "ya wanna?" can work. If I just started seeing someone, however, and he's trying to get me into bed the first time, he better be pulling out all the stops. If we just had a fight, or it's an anniversary or something like that, he better do something a little special. Like I said, a lot of factors.

and I think lumpy baited us all into this convo with a simple " what do I have to do to get sex from a woman these days? " question. :lol:

Guess the answer shoulda been " find the right one " cept he's married. :lol:

I don't quite recall putting it that way but I suppose if you read between the lines it's plausible...:lol:

Just saying .. HELLO... this thread is.. well.... still going on...

Yeah, not much 'seduction' going on in this thread. You guys have all lost your touch. :lol:

I tell ya... it's a boisterous and unruly group.. we would have a much easier time herding cats.. oh well...:lol:

Considering what we have to work with we've done a damn good job, Lumpy. Actually I think Newby is even comin' on to you a bit. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, not much 'seduction' going on in this thread. You guys have all lost your touch. :lol:

I tell ya... it's a boisterous and unruly group.. we would have a much easier time herding cats.. oh well...:lol:

Considering what we have to work with we've done a damn good job, Lumpy. Actually I think Newby is even comin' on to you a bit. :eusa_whistle:

Newby is coming on to me... damn.. I didn't even notice...:confused:

(next comes old and feeble I guess)

What you have to work with???? :eusa_eh: Now there's seduction at its finest. :tongue:

Unless of course you're talking about yourselves. :lol:

Forum List

Back