What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zone1 Santa and Jesus

Meriweather

Not all who wander are lost
Reaction score
That would cause a conflict with Easter, it would seem, as his crucification was close to March as well, wasn't it?
I don't see how...If he was conceived in March (the annunciation) it would place his birth date in December. Tradition is that he died on the date he was conceived, not the date he was born.

Meriweather

Reaction score
Except that ancient people DID celebrate the Winter Solstice, with celebrations such as Saturnalia, Yule, etc.
Yes they did, and probably around the globe at that. People celebrate, but that doesn't mean they celebrate the same things.

DudleySmith

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see how...If he was conceived in March (the annunciation) it would place his birth date in December. Tradition is that he died on the date he was conceived, not the date he was born.

If he was conceived in August it would be close to Easter when he was born.

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Reaction score
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
Somewhat off topic:

I am concerned more with the apparent nexus between Santa and Satan. 😮

OP
FJB

FJB

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If he was conceived in August it would be close to Easter when he was born.

Yeah, but we still don't know when Easter occurred either though.

OP
FJB

FJB

Diamond Member
Reaction score
OP
FJB

FJB

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Peace

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You know, I really don't see what problem a lot of Christians have with Santa Claus. As long as they know what Christmas is truly about, isn't Jesus and Santa both about giving, loving, and caring onto others? Sure when kids get older they'll learn that Santa is really just a spirit not actually a person, but still I say let kids be kids as I don't see anything wrong with it personally.
Santa is based on a German Folklore that was about a Chimney Sweeper that stole from the rich and gave to the poor.

Peace

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but I don't think we know in which season it actually was.
Passover is during March and April, so yeah we know when it happens.

Meriweather

Reaction score
Yeah, but I don't think we know in which season it actually was.
Jewish Passover is celebrated on the 15th day of Nisan, linked to the lunar calendar. It is the first full moon after the spring equinox which links Passover and Easter to the Spring season.

OP
FJB

FJB

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Jewish Passover is celebrated on the 15th day of Nisan, linked to the lunar calendar. It is the first full moon after the spring equinox which links Passover and Easter to the Spring season.

Interesting, but how did you know that?

Meriweather

Reaction score
I am not sure when I first picked it up, but it started with being curious as a child about why Easter was never on the same date. I learned that Easter was always the Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring equinox. Later, I remember hearing or reading that Passover began on the first full moon after the Equinox. I learned more about the Jewish calendar as an adult from an atheist Jew who taught me a lot about Judaism.

vasuderatorrent

Gold Member
Reaction score

Jewish holidays are clearly defined in the Old Testament. The trick is translating it unto our modern calendar.

• Informative
Reactions: FJB

Vastator

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Cecilie1200

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but we still don't know when Easter occurred either though.

Have you read the Bible? He was crucified during Passover. Although the Jews used a lunar calendar and it didn't coincide exactly with the Julian calendar used in the Roman Empire or the Gregorian calendar used now, that would have put His crucifixion in the spring.

💲 Amazon Deals 💲

Forum List