Zone1 Santa and Jesus

That would cause a conflict with Easter, it would seem, as his crucification was close to March as well, wasn't it?
I don't see how...If he was conceived in March (the annunciation) it would place his birth date in December. Tradition is that he died on the date he was conceived, not the date he was born.

Except that ancient people DID celebrate the Winter Solstice, with celebrations such as Saturnalia, Yule, etc.
Yes they did, and probably around the globe at that. People celebrate, but that doesn't mean they celebrate the same things.

I don't see how...If he was conceived in March (the annunciation) it would place his birth date in December. Tradition is that he died on the date he was conceived, not the date he was born.

If he was conceived in August it would be close to Easter when he was born.

You know, I really don't see what problem a lot of Christians have with Santa Claus. As long as they know what Christmas is truly about, isn't Jesus and Santa both about giving, loving, and caring onto others? Sure when kids get older they'll learn that Santa is really just a spirit not actually a person, but still I say let kids be kids as I don't see anything wrong with it personally.
Santa is based on a German Folklore that was about a Chimney Sweeper that stole from the rich and gave to the poor.

Jewish Passover is celebrated on the 15th day of Nisan, linked to the lunar calendar. It is the first full moon after the spring equinox which links Passover and Easter to the Spring season.

Interesting, but how did you know that?

Interesting, but how did you know that?
I am not sure when I first picked it up, but it started with being curious as a child about why Easter was never on the same date. I learned that Easter was always the Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring equinox. Later, I remember hearing or reading that Passover began on the first full moon after the Equinox. I learned more about the Jewish calendar as an adult from an atheist Jew who taught me a lot about Judaism.

Yeah, but we still don't know when Easter occurred either though.

Have you read the Bible? He was crucified during Passover. Although the Jews used a lunar calendar and it didn't coincide exactly with the Julian calendar used in the Roman Empire or the Gregorian calendar used now, that would have put His crucifixion in the spring.

Forum List

Back