SANDERS WANTS TO TAX CHURCHES

Status
Not open for further replies.
bernie will have to put a tax on tax in order to pay for all the freebies he is promising

;iu
A church's tax exempt status doesn't really affect me one way or another. Let them have it. Or don't. You know what? I don't give a shit.

I think we need to stop these cats from attacking babies. This seems to be a cat thing now.

Something should be done. Doing nothing is not an option!

Yeah you let cats start thinking they own the place and soon you'll be picking their shite out of a box of sand for them. And they'll watch you do it, then lick their ass then lick your face. Cats are a slippery slope.

I'm writing my representatives in Congress.

;iu
A church's tax exempt status doesn't really affect me one way or another. Let them have it. Or don't. You know what? I don't give a shit.

I think we need to stop these cats from attacking babies. This seems to be a cat thing now.

Something should be done. Doing nothing is not an option!

Yeah you let cats start thinking they own the place and soon you'll be picking their shite out of a box of sand for them. And they'll watch you do it, then lick their ass then lick your face. Cats are a slippery slope.

I'm writing my representatives in Congress.

Include a pic with some faked scratches. Never hurts to prime the pump.

I have no problem with taxing churches or any other business that currently gets a pass

It's a clear violation of the first amendment.

No it's not all the first amendment says is

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Taxing the business of religion like any other is not making a law respecting the establishment of religion, it does not prohibit the free exercise of religion, it does not prohibit free speech, the right to assemble, the right of the press or the petitioning of the government.

I would argue that exempting the business of religion from taxes violates the first amendment because that exemption is a law respecting the establishment of business as something different from any other business.

Difference between donations and earned income......like book sales which I assume are taxed

No it's not all the first amendment says is ...

I would argue that exempting the business of religion from taxes violates the first amendment because that exemption is a law respecting the establishment of business as something different from any other business.
That's actually what I meant. The tax exemption itself is a violation of the first amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion ..." , which is exactly what it did by exempting them from taxation. This isn't just a 'technicality', it a real violation of the intent of the first amendment. The founders didn't want government involved in judging which religions were legitimate and which were not. And implementing the exemption requires government to do exactly that.

If you tax churches, then you need to tax all non-profits, Super PACs, Red Cross, Planned Parenthood. All or nothing.

Here's what's kind of insane about the exemption concept. It's defended, nominally, because people recognize that intrusive laws, like income tax, violate the freedom of churches to conduct their religious activities. And they see that as a violation of freedom of religion. But it's actually a violation of the much broader, and more fundamental, freedom for all of us to go about our business without having to report our activities to the government.

What do you think about U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders new proposal that would tax Churches and Synagogues at a 90% tax rate to provide more social programs for the poor?

"The American dream has become a nightmare", Sanders told Fox News ,"let us wage a moral and political war against the billionaires and giant megachurches, whose policies and greed are destroying the middle class of America.

Sanders claims that about only 1% of Church tithes goes to help the poor and that many in the clergy,especially Protestant ministers in the South,use most of the money collected to buy "condos in Florida and hookers."

"We have seen it even in the Catholic Church",Sanders continued,"you give people a bunch of money they don't have to pay taxes on and they just go crazy and start molesting little kids."
Christian Ministers have denounced the plan,including popular evangelist Ray Comfort who said,"This is a plan inspired by the devil himself.We cannot allow the government to deny a Christian his right to show his love of God by giving God his money.Of course you can't literally give God your money so they just give it to me to hold for God."

In America, it is estimated that churches would generate $830.5 trillion in annual tax revenue if the exemption was lifted on their $600 trillion in untaxed properties.
Senator Hillary Clinton has not given a stance on the proposal but it is expected to be a major talking point at the next Democratic Debate to be held at the new Star Wars The Force Awakens Disney theme park in Orlando FL.
How dare the little people help each other with charity work. It is the job of the holy father who lives in DC.

The whole premise that the government knows better how to support charities is laughable.

No it's not all the first amendment says is ...

That's actually what I meant. The tax exemption itself is a violation of the first amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion ..." , which is exactly what it did by exempting them from taxation. This isn't just a 'technicality', it a real violation of the intent of the first amendment. The founders didn't want government involved in judging which religions were legitimate and which were not. And implementing the exemption requires government to do exactly that.

My bad I misinterpreted

What do you think about U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders new proposal that would tax Churches and Synagogues at a 90% tax rate to provide more social programs for the poor?

"The American dream has become a nightmare", Sanders told Fox News ,"let us wage a moral and political war against the billionaires and giant megachurches, whose policies and greed are destroying the middle class of America.

Sanders claims that about only 1% of Church tithes goes to help the poor and that many in the clergy,especially Protestant ministers in the South,use most of the money collected to buy "condos in Florida and hookers."

"We have seen it even in the Catholic Church",Sanders continued,"you give people a bunch of money they don't have to pay taxes on and they just go crazy and start molesting little kids."
Christian Ministers have denounced the plan,including popular evangelist Ray Comfort who said,"This is a plan inspired by the devil himself.We cannot allow the government to deny a Christian his right to show his love of God by giving God his money.Of course you can't literally give God your money so they just give it to me to hold for God."

In America, it is estimated that churches would generate $830.5 trillion in annual tax revenue if the exemption was lifted on their $600 trillion in untaxed properties.
Senator Hillary Clinton has not given a stance on the proposal but it is expected to be a major talking point at the next Democratic Debate to be held at the new Star Wars The Force Awakens Disney theme park in Orlando FL.
How dare the little people help each other with charity work. It is the job of the holy father who lives in DC.

They can still help each other with charity work
The only difference the business of charity will be treated like any other as it should be

The only difference the business of charity will be treated like any other as it should be
So the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, Wounded Warriors, Clinton Foundation etc etc should all be taxed.
Got it.

It is a fake story. lol

So the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, Wounded Warriors, Clinton Foundation etc etc should all be taxed.
Got it.

Yes why not?

It's very simple really if a charity is supposedly nonprofit then they would have nothing left to tax at the end of every fiscal year now would they?

They should not be exempt from property and sales taxes because they use the resources of the city town or state in which they operate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back