Sanders and Cruz projected winners in Wisconsin

Good for Sanders
banderas.png

I'm waiting to see their margin of victory. That will tell us if Cruz will get any momentum out of it. It it's less than 10 points, he won't. Super delegates will cancel out any Sanders victory.

Lies. Has to be lies. Everyone knows that everyone votes for Trump. This is clearly the result of voter fraud and voter suppression.

If Cruz does win with over 50% of the Wisconsin vote, this is nothing less than a complete repudiation of Trump, but it does not mean Cruz gets the nomination.

Two scenarios;

1. Cruz and Trump manage to keep the Romney Rule in place that basically will only allow Trump and Cruz to be put up for nomination for any of the ballots.

I dont see this ending anywhere other than a Trump-Cruz ticket unless Trumps ground game is totally incompetent. Trump will have more delegates so he will have the upper hand, unless Cruz has secretly stealthed a bunch of Trumps people. A Trump-Cruz ticket solves a great many problems, and if they work to stiff arm the Establishment on Rule 40B, they may bury a lot of hatchets and make up.

2. The party Establishment lawyers the thing and gets the Romney Rule removed or dismissed somehow, and it goes into multiple ballots.

This could result in almost anything. The change I have read of most often is that they will limit the nomination to those who have at least one delegate, which opens the door for a whole bunch of people. Here is the list with the delegate count:
  1. Donald Trump: 737
  2. Ted Cruz: 505
  3. Marco Rubio: 171
  4. John Kasich: 143
  5. Ben Carson: 9
  6. Jeb Bush: 4
  7. Carly Fiorina: 1
  8. Mike Huckabee: 1
  9. Rand Paul: 1
My bet is that the Establishment will push for Jeb! again, but they may compromise and go with Kasich and Rubiofor VP, but VP is kind of immaterial here at this point.

If Cruz does win with over 50% of the Wisconsin vote, this is nothing less than a complete repudiation of Trump, but it does not mean Cruz gets the nomination.

Two scenarios;

1. Cruz and Trump manage to keep the Romney Rule in place that basically will only allow Trump and Cruz to be put up for nomination for any of the ballots.

I dont see this ending anywhere other than a Trump-Cruz ticket unless Trumps ground game is totally incompetent. Trump will have more delegates so he will have the upper hand, unless Cruz has secretly stealthed a bunch of Trumps people. A Trump-Cruz ticket solves a great many problems, and if they work to stiff arm the Establishment on Rule 40B, they may bury a lot of hatchets and make up.

2. The party Establishment lawyers the thing and gets the Romney Rule removed or dismissed somehow, and it goes into multiple ballots.

This could result in almost anything. The change I have read of most often is that they will limit the nomination to those who have at least one delegate, which opens the door for a whole bunch of people. Here is the list with the delegate count:
My bet is that the Establishment will push for Jeb! again, but they may compromise and go with Kasich and Rubiofor VP, but VP is kind of immaterial here at this point.
Trump/Cruz ticket will never happen. That ship sailed a lonnnng time ago.

I couldn't vote for a Trump/Cruz ticket. Ted is a vile human being.

Cruz beat Trump pretty handily and Sanders has beaten Hillary by double digits in the last couple of elections. When you consider the beating Trump has taken by the mainstream media in the last month it's not surprising he would lose to Cruz but when you consider the softballs and the defense of Hillary by the mainstream media and the fact that she can't seem to beat an old commie in the primaries when she was the DNC's heir apparent it seems that there is big trouble in the democrat party that so far the mainstream media seems to be ignoring as long as they can. If Hillary loses in her adopted turf of NY she is through.

Two scenarios;

Trump/Cruz ticket will never happen. That ship sailed a lonnnng time ago.

I couldn't vote for a Trump/Cruz ticket. Ted is a vile human being.

Jack Kennedy and LBJ had similar bad feelings toward each other and formed a ticket due to political necessity.

Stranger things have happened.

If Trump and Cruz cant let by-gones be by-gones, they will be handing the nomination to the 'Cleveland Choice', and fucking themselves royally.

Forum List

Back