San Francisco school board votes to cancel our founders

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Since it's San Francisco, the only surprise here is that this didn't happen years ago.

San Francisco board votes to rename schools named after Washington, Lincoln and Feinstein
44 public schools named after historical figures who "diminished the opportunities of those amongst us" will be renamed, the school board said.

San Francisco's school board voted on Tuesday to rename dozens of public schools that were named after historical figures like George Washington, Junipero Serra and even current U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein.

San Francisco board votes to rename schools named after Washington, Lincoln and Feinstein (nbcnews.com)

Since it's San Francisco, the only surprise here is that this didn't happen years ago.

San Francisco board votes to rename schools named after Washington, Lincoln and Feinstein
44 public schools named after historical figures who "diminished the opportunities of those amongst us" will be renamed, the school board said.

San Francisco's school board voted on Tuesday to rename dozens of public schools that were named after historical figures like George Washington, Junipero Serra and even current U.S. Senator Dianne Feinstein.

San Francisco board votes to rename schools named after Washington, Lincoln and Feinstein (nbcnews.com)
When was Feinstein a Founding Father?

Where did

I didn't say they cancelled ONLY the founders. They also cancelled Lincoln, and some others that were not founders.

This sort of stupid liberal stuff has been going on is San Francisco a long time
San Francisco Measure Renaming Sewage Plant After Bush ...
The San Francisco Department of Elections has approved a ballot measure renaming a local sewage treatment plant after President Bush. The measure would rename the Oceanside Water Pollution Control

Why are your fellow leftnuts canceling Lincoln?

This has got to be real bad for the kids. I know when I went to school, I was proud of the name of my schools.

Yes, and these board members are scared to death that some kids might have a school T-shirt on that say's "WASHINGTON" or "LINCOLN" on it. Imagine how frightening that would be!!

Washington and Lincoln? Are they going to rename the schools after Rap stars, rich celebrities and street thugs? Pelosi and Feinstein seem to support the craziness.

Good stuff. No reason to name schools after slave owners or politicians.

Probably because the Civil war was the only reason he didnt make slavery eternal in the US with the Corwin Amendment.

I do believe it is over his handling of Native American Indians.

Where did

I didn't say they cancelled ONLY the founders. They also cancelled Lincoln, and some others that were not founders.
San Francisco school board votes to cancel our founders

I do believe it is over his handling of Native American Indians.
I need to educate myself on that particular subject.

Forum List

Back