San Francisco Liberals Outlaw Storing Items in Your Own Garage

You folks are fucking unbelievable. In a hotel, there are no assigned parking spaces. If some tenant in the motel fill up a couple parking spaces with their junk, you guys like that idea eh.

Exactly we need government to govern junk in parking space on the hotel's private property.

You folks are fucking unbelievable. In a hotel, there are no assigned parking spaces. If some tenant in the motel fill up a couple parking spaces with their junk, you guys like that idea eh.

Block a fire lane, keep another guest from having a place to park. And you all think that great.

Or how about those apartments. Usually enough parking for the tenants and a few extras spaces. Of course you all are all for the idea that you can just store your shit in this unsecured parking area and its all gonna be there when you come for it.

Every city has a building code. And a fire code. And in many cities parking is at a premium.
The code is helping to keep standards that have been accepted in the community.

Maybe a building has parking spaces exposed to a street view. Maybe the community don't want those space filled up with a bunch of boxes, bags or whatever, for the world to drive by and look at.

You want a space to put your junk in? Buy a house with a big garage and load it up. Rent a storage locker. Whatever.

But fucking get a grip on just what it is you think is happening there (San Fran).

you idiot, did you read the link?

they are talking about PRIVATE garages :cuckoo:

The code was written (in 1989), to be applied to common garage space, whether public or private. There's no question that the law is worded slightly weirdly, but it's pretty asinine to think that the law is aimed at private garage units.

I live in an apartment building in San Francisco. There is one common garage in my building, which tenants have the option of renting spaces in, as well as individual garages on the side of the building. All of those individual garages are used for storage by the people who rent them, no one has ever been hassled about it.

Block a fire lane, keep another guest from having a place to park. And you all think that great.

Or how about those apartments. Usually enough parking for the tenants and a few extras spaces. Of course you all are all for the idea that you can just store your shit in this unsecured parking area and its all gonna be there when you come for it.

Every city has a building code. And a fire code. And in many cities parking is at a premium.

Maybe a building has parking spaces exposed to a street view. Maybe the community don't want those space filled up with a bunch of boxes, bags or whatever, for the world to drive by and look at.

You want a space to put your junk in? Buy a house with a big garage and load it up. Rent a storage locker. Whatever.

But fucking get a grip on just what it is you think is happening there (San Fran).

The code was written (in 1989), to be applied to common garage space, whether public or private. There's no question that the law is worded slightly weirdly, but it's pretty asinine to think that the law is aimed at private garage units.

I live in an apartment building in San Francisco. There is one common garage in my building, which tenants have the option of renting spaces in, as well as individual garages on the side of the building. All of those individual garages are used for storage by the people who rent them, no one has ever been hassled about it.

It does not matter.

I already pointed above that many codes are similar and widely ignored.

I am just amused at how many will fall over the mortar in their defense of The Government even if that makes absolutely no sense and is not matching the OP criteria of the discussion.

The moron with a diatribe is not caught the first time as never even bothering to read the link :D

§ 603 GARAGES.
HISTORY
This law was first passed in . It has not been changed since.
TRUST, BUT VERIFY
If you’re reading this for anything important, you should double-check its accuracy on the official San Francisco Housing Code website.
Keyboard Guide
API
San Francisco Decoded has an API. Register for a key and read the documentation. You could be using it in 30 seconds.
Powered by The State Decoded.
Disclaimer.
[Added by Ord. 399-89, App. 11/6/89; amended by Ord. 161-92, App. 6/4/92; Ord. 350-95, App. 11/3/95; Ord. 256-07, App. 11/6/07]

(a) No automobile or other motor vehicle shall occupy any portion of an apartment house or hotel except in a garage which meets the requirements of the Building Code and other provisions of the Municipal Code.

(b) Use. Private and public storage garages in apartment houses and hotels shall be used only for storage of automobiles.

(c) Separation. See Section 406.1 of the Building Code. When approved, existing separations in existing buildings may be acceptable.

WTF is wrong with you people other that you can't fucking read and comprehend.

How many time should the reg have to say "apartment building and hotels" for you assholes to realize they are talking about apartment building and hotels.

Help me jesus.

When you all find the part where they SPECIFICALLY mention single family residences or even condominiums, let me know. The above was from the OPs link.

It does not matter.

I already pointed above that many codes are similar and widely ignored.

I am just amused at how many will fall over the mortar in their defense of The Government even if that makes absolutely no sense and is not matching the OP criteria of the discussion.

The moron with a diatribe is not caught the first time as never even bothering to read the link :D

1. Hysterically and reflexively express "outrage" over nothing.

2. Wait for liberals to point out how ludicrous the fake outrage is.

3. Claim that they are "defending the government".

GARAGES. (§ 603)?San Francisco Decoded

Added by Ord. 399-89, App. 11/6/89; amended by Ord. 161-92, App. 6/4/92; Ord. 350-95, App. 11/3/95; Ord. 256-07, App. 11/6/07]

(a) No automobile or other motor vehicle shall occupy any portion of an apartment house or hotel except in a garage which meets the requirements of the Building Code and other provisions of the Municipal Code.

(b) Use. Private and public storage garages in apartment houses and hotels shall be used only for storage of automobiles.

(c) Separation. See Section 406.1 of the Building Code. When approved, existing separations in existing buildings may be acceptable.

lying about things doesn't help you

Truth, I don't even know if they are lying. They fucking just can't read and comprehend what they read.

How many time should the reg have to say "apartment building and hotels" for you assholes to realize they are talking about apartment building and hotels.

It's private property,

No need for more law or bigger government.

Private property can self-govern their guests and tenants.

Hey vox you asshole. You get someone to read it to you and explain it yet?

You can have a "private" parking spot in an apartment building. You are stupid vox.

It's private property,

No need for more law or bigger government.

Private property can self-govern their guests and tenants.

Yea, you probably think it ok to block fire lanes in apartment buildings.

You don't even know if apartment building owners and hotel owners may have asked for this type of reg. Just to keep the mess in public areas under control.

You ever have to deal with tenants?

Like I said, building codes and fire codes go hand in hand. There are a lot of reasons to look at this from the cities and building owners POV.

Lets say you live in a build with no assigned parking. Four unit building, four spaces, Three of your "neighbors" fill up all four parking spaces with "stuff" they want to store. You park on the street. Car gets vandalized. All so people could store their junk in a space you should have been able to park.

You good with that to?

Lets say you live in a build with no assigned parking. Four unit building, four spaces, Three of your "neighbors" fill up all four parking spaces with "stuff" they want to store.

You good with that to?

All handled in the lease.

No need for .gov to take over.

Forum List

Back