lying about Abortion and beyond

Plasmaball

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
U.S. Supreme Court To Hear Anti-Abortion Group's Case For Lying In Political Ads

This which i think is vastly more important than a bridge is set up to be heard soon.

Basically:
Driehaus complained to the state election commission that the group's proposed billboard ads saying, “Shame on Steve Driehaus! Driehaus voted FOR taxpayer-funded abortion,” were false, since federal law prohibits the use of taxpayer money for abortion funding. The state blocked the billboards.

Thus making it a freedom of speech issue i guess to lie in ones ad's. If the court sides with Susan then this is going to open up a whole new problem with elections. If people are allowed to lie in order to beat someone there will be no end to the problem.

This really isnt about abortion, even though i know one person will make it about it. This is about the 1st amendment.

dimocraps lie in their ads always, so what is new about it?

This really isnt about abortion, even though i know one person will make it about it. This is about the 1st amendment.

and as such it will stand.
the lie, I mean.

there was a similar case about lying publicly and it was upheld by SCOTUS as the part of free speech.

as it should, IMHO.

U.S. Supreme Court To Hear Anti-Abortion Group's Case For Lying In Political Ads

This which i think is vastly more important than a bridge is set up to be heard soon.

Basically:
Driehaus complained to the state election commission that the group's proposed billboard ads saying, “Shame on Steve Driehaus! Driehaus voted FOR taxpayer-funded abortion,” were false, since federal law prohibits the use of taxpayer money for abortion funding. The state blocked the billboards.

Thus making it a freedom of speech issue i guess to lie in ones ad's. If the court sides with Susan then this is going to open up a whole new problem with elections. If people are allowed to lie in order to beat someone there will be no end to the problem.

The question is whether Driehaus voted the way the ads say he voted.

Basically:

The question is whether Driehaus voted the way the ads say he voted.

well he is saying he didnt.....Not really complicated.

Basically:

Somehow I think there is more to this story than you and the Huffpo let on.

Forum List

Back