San Francisco Doesn’t Have a Homeless Problem. It Has a Substance Abuse Problem

Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
And the Left want to legalize all drugs so they can control the masses easily.

San Francisco doesn’t have a homeless problem—it has a substance-abuse crisis. And Project Roomkey, California governor Gavin Newsom’s hotels-for-homeless plan that he’s touting as a model for the rest of the country, won’t help any more than a band-aid will cure a cancer patient.

Block after block, you’ll see thousands of people who are barely alive. Some are alone; others are piled on top of one another, running into traffic, or standing slumped over, unconscious. They’ll be injecting or smoking heroin, fentanyl, and methamphetamine in front of you, unaware or unfazed by your presence. Scabs cover their faces and bodies, limbs are swollen red and blue, often bloody and oozing pus. You’ll notice the garbage, rotting food, discarded drug detritus, and feces surrounding them. A shocking number are mere teenagers, but many are old or have aged well before their time.

The only people who can afford to live there are wealthy criminals like Pelosi and a lot of trust fund parasites, and the homeless those people get the state and Feds to pay for. You never see any camped near Pelosi's place, of course.

San Fran is a Progressive petri dish, and the experiment has failed.

San Francisco doesn’t have a homeless problem—it has a substance-abuse crisis. And Project Roomkey, California governor Gavin Newsom’s hotels-for-homeless plan that he’s touting as a model for the rest of the country, won’t help any more than a band-aid will cure a cancer patient.

Block after block, you’ll see thousands of people who are barely alive. Some are alone; others are piled on top of one another, running into traffic, or standing slumped over, unconscious. They’ll be injecting or smoking heroin, fentanyl, and methamphetamine in front of you, unaware or unfazed by your presence. Scabs cover their faces and bodies, limbs are swollen red and blue, often bloody and oozing pus. You’ll notice the garbage, rotting food, discarded drug detritus, and feces surrounding them. A shocking number are mere teenagers, but many are old or have aged well before their time.

Bob's Doughnuts is still open though. Theyre still hanging on.

Good place., if you get there before somebody barfs on the sidewalk out front.

HAHA.. I see you been there too!
I'm just upset the Vietnamese place down the street shut down because of the Pandemic. they made really good pho

HAHA.. I see you been there too!
I'm just upset the Vietnamese place down the street shut down because of the Pandemic. they made really good pho

Once in a while they had fresh spring rolls, too. My boss loved that place; I think they were relatives of his. he went there about every 4-6 weeks or so, phoned the orders in and drove all the way from Santa Clara in a company van and ate in the truck.

I know you aren't going to be happy with this but I'm going to say it anyway. The problems are not just addiction. There needs to be some things that are understood. It should not be a choice between rehab/substance abuse services OR housing. That is ludicrous.

Secondly, many people don't become addicts and then become homeless. Many become addicts AFTER they become homeless because life fucking sucks. Right? You are nobody and nothing and the rest of the world is going to remind you of that daily.

Then there are the mentally ill. Whole different ball game. I promise that San Francisco is not prepared to deal with that. Biden is not prepared to deal with that either. In fact, they need to start watching very carefully where that money is going.

I know you aren't going to be happy with this but I'm going to say it anyway. The problems are not just addiction. There needs to be some things that are understood. It should not be a choice between rehab/substance abuse services OR housing. That is ludicrous.

Secondly, many people don't become addicts and then become homeless. Many become addicts AFTER they become homeless because life fucking sucks. Right? You are nobody and nothing and the rest of the world is going to remind you of that daily.

Then there are the mentally ill. Whole different ball game. I promise that San Francisco is not prepared to deal with that. Biden is not prepared to deal with that either. In fact, they need to start watching very carefully where that money is going.
Well, I can tell you’ve never seen drug addicts first hand and jumped into the issue and got your hands involved. You’re totally wrong.
Hell, the President’s son is an addict, is he homeless? He’ll be dead by 2030, that’s for sure.

Secondly, many people don't become addicts and then become homeless. Many become addicts AFTER they become homeless

Yep. Once you reach the point of homelessness and then lose your car, you're pretty much toast. Try getting a job and paying rent without one, and see how great you are then.

Well, I can tell you’ve never seen drug addicts first hand and jumped into the issue and got your hands involved. You’re totally wrong.
Hell, the President’s son is an addict, is he homeless? He’ll be dead by 2030, that’s for sure.
I work with them now. I also work with the homeless, "violent" criminals and the mentally ill.

Oh nonsense...most have homes, get addicted and then get kicked out of their homes by their families or landlords....if they weren't addicts their families would likely allow them to stay with them but nope they are addicts and bring to much chaos for others to deal with.

I work with them now. I also work with the homeless, "violent" criminals and the mentally ill.
Well good for you. Still doesn’t explain why you ignore the millions of successful lives it destroyed.

Oh nonsense...most have homes, get addicted and then get kicked out of their homes by their families or landlords....if they weren't addicts their families would likely allow them to stay with them but nope they are addicts and bring to much chaos for others to deal with.

No. Many of them don't have homes. This is not the homeless population of 25-30 years ago.

AND if you pretend it is than you can ignore how many are on the streets due to the current economic crisis created by the shut down.

Well good for you. Still doesn’t explain why you ignore the millions of successful lives it destroyed.
I'm not ignoring anything. I don't want to see drugs legalized. I have written on that topic multiple times over the years.

Yep. I had a star employee of the company under me, he got into drugs and became the worst. Did all I could to get him help but the talons of drugs dig deep. I eventually had to fire him.

No. Many of them don't have homes. This is not the homeless population of 25-30 years ago.
You’re seeing the end of the cycle. They all had homes at one time.

A political leadership problem. The House Speaker has to dodge human feces, bodies living and dead and hypodermic needles in the rare instance that she goes home to her district. The democrat party solution....sober them up long enough to get to the polls on election day.

these homeless need to be sorted out into groups. The ones who need mental health and the ones who need to go to some kind of work camp until they can save up some money. But they need to be off the streets and it seems like a growing reality leadership refuses to face

Forum List

Back