San Francisco archdiocese files for bankruptcy amid child abuse lawsuits

Zincwarrior

Platinum Member
Nov 18, 2021
Archdiocese of San Francisco filing bankruptcy. Evidently the abuse went back decades with over 500 cases.
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco on Monday filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, saying it is necessary to resolve the more than 500 lawsuits of child sexual abuse dating back decades, prompting victim advocates to call the decision an attempt to deny justice and transparency for survivors.

The petition was filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of California, Archbishop Salvatore J. Cordileone said Monday, arguing that it was the “best solution for providing fair and equitable compensation to the innocent survivors who have been harmed,” he said on the archdiocese website.

“The unfortunate reality is that the archdiocese has neither the financial means nor the practical ability to litigate all of these abuse claims individually,” he said.

“It is the best way to bring much-needed resolution to survivors while allowing the Archdiocese to continue its sacred mission to the faithful and those in need. We must seek purification and redemption to heal, especially survivors who have carried the burdens of these sins against them for decades,” the statement added.
Cordileone said the majority of the alleged abuses occurred from the 1960s into the ’80s and involved priests who are deceased or no longer in the ministry.
The announcement prompted criticism from advocates who argued it could “stonewall survivors of clergy sexual abuse from receiving proper justice under the lawsuits filed under the California Child Victims Act,” said Jeff Anderson, an attorney who represents more than 125 people suing the archdiocese.

In a statement posted on his firm’s website, Anderson called the archbishop’s decision “dangerous” and said it demonstrates his preference for “secrecy and self-protection.”
The archdiocese did not immediately respond to The Washington Post’s request for comment on Anderson’s accusation Monday afternoon. When asked about the bankruptcy filing, it deferred to the statement on its website.

Wow!!! And in San Francisco no less!

There are faggots in San Francisco!!!!

I am totally shocked!!!

It’s the Catholic Church asshole. They’re spreading pedophilia around the world while you fools are going after drag queens.

It's San Franciso, buttmunch. Those SF faggots are the ones spreading pedophilia, as well as liberals anywhere else in the world. There are more Catholic and other churches where pedophilia doesn't take place, than there are where it does happen.

It's San Franciso, buttmunch. Those SF faggots are the ones spreading pedophilia, as well as liberals anywhere else in the world. There are more Catholic and other churches where pedophilia doesn't take place, than there are where it does happen.

Gee, I thought it was those Catholic Priests. San Francisco is one city. But thousands of Catholic Priests all over the world have been sued by tens of thousands of children in every country the Catholic Church has their priests. The Church has paid out billions of dollars in reparations, and even defrocked a pope over the cover up.

How many drags queens have been arrested for sexually abusing children? ZERO.

But you're still taking children to Catholic Churches, and Catholic Schools.

Gee, I thought it was those Catholic Priests. San Francisco is one city. But thousands of Catholic Priests all over the world have been sued by tens of thousands of children in every country the Catholic Church has their priests. The Church has paid out billions of dollars in reparations, and even defrocked a pope over the cover up.

How many drags queens have been arrested for sexually abusing children? ZERO.

But you're still taking children to Catholic Churches, and Catholic Schools.

Pedophiles are invariable gay. Don't you think it's disingenuous of you to support the LGBT movement, same-sex marriage, and transgenders, while at the same time condemning Catholic queers who molest children?

I do. I think it's damned disingenuous of you. While those of us on the right were condemning the LGBT movement, child trafficking, transgenders waving their genitalia in children's faces, and supporting the movie "The Sound of Freedom", you folks were denigrating that movie, supporting the LGBT movement, and giving your full support to Biden's open borders policies which were enabling child sex trafficking

You can't have it both ways, you're either on one side or the other. You know which side I'm on, now which side are you on?

Pedophiles are invariable gay. Don't you think it's disingenuous of you to support the LGBT movement, same-sex marriage, and transgenders, while at the same time condemning Catholic queers who molest children?

I do. I think it's damned disingenuous of you. While those of us on the right were condemning the LGBT movement, child trafficking, transgenders waving their genitalia in children's faces, and supporting the movie "The Sound of Freedom", you folks were denigrating that movie, supporting the LGBT movement, and giving your full support to Biden's open borders policies which were enabling child sex trafficking

You can't have it both ways, you're either on one side or the other. You know which side I'm on, now which side are you on?
shes clearly on the side of not protecting children from obvious sexual harm,,

she has a long history of defending them,, and attacking anyone that wants to protect children,,

That's a travesty. Most women are more protective of children, but her priorities seem to be directed more toward defending a President who took showers with his own daughter, as was recounted in her own diary.

How have the Democrats have sank so low?

Forum List

Back