San Bernardino Shooting Prompts Nevada Politician To Drop His NRA Membership

Regan and the NRA were key supporters of the Mulford Act which was enacted to disarm the Black Panthers in the 60's. Yes you read that right....the NRA.

Black Panthers and Gun Control: The NRA's Flip Flop

"Reagan claimed that the Mulford Act, as it became known, "would work no hardship on the honest citizen." The NRA actually helped craft similar legislation in states across the country. Fast-forward to 2013, and it is a white-male dominated NRA, largely made up of Southern conservatives and gun owners from the Midwest and Southwestern states, that argues "do not tread on me" in the gun debate."

Yes we know that the far left does not acknowledge that Reagan was a Democrat!

Oh boo hoo.

I'm facing a gun ban up here again and I support anyone in the US that backs the NRA. You liberal gun grabbing assholes are maniacs. It won't make a dent in your deaths because where there is a will there is a way.

Look at Aussie land. Gun deaths went down. Knife deaths rose almost an equal amount.

Now I don't know about you but I personally would prefer to eat a bullet rather than being stabbed to death. Because my fucking stupid government made it so.

I hope they start banning guns soon. Just certain types. You can still have your peashooters, just not the assault rifles.

By the way, I live in Australia. And you're wrong about knife deaths. More ignorant BS fuelling your POV...

Too bad he is being a useful idiot. The wording of the 2nd amendment was changed specifically to keep slave militias armed so they could put down slave revolts.

The Second Amendment was Ratified to Preserve Slavery

Sounds like you're deflecting??

Educating. Take the opportunity to learn.

You can not educate a far left drone like you, the programming of the far left religious dogma is to imbedded..

Equating the second amendment with slavery?? Progressives have no shame...
Political correctness has infiltrated your DNA I feel sorry for you...

He wasn't. The person in the link was equating. Instead of feeling sorry, how about refuting using your own sources?
Problem is his link was nothing more then simple political correctness, thus no credibility to it whatsoever.

566203ab210000dd005ac5b9.jpeg

Democrat John Oceguera, a former speaker of the Nevada assembly who's running for Congress, resigned his lifetime NRA membership because of what he said was the group's opposition to "any legislation that would help keep guns out of the hands of terrorists."

"I am law-abiding gun owner, and have been a Life Member of the National Rifle Association" Oceguera wrote in letter to NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre Thursday, posted on Oceguera's campaign website. "I grew up in a family of hunters. But more importantly, I'm a father and a husband. I believe that keeping our families safe is our most fundamental priority."

Oceguera's NRA resignation followed this week's mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, that police said was carried out by a husband and wife using legally purchased assault-style rifles and semi-automatic pistols. Federal officials on Friday said they had concluded the motive for the attack, which killed 14 people and wounded 21, was terrorism. Oceguera is running for Nevada's 4th Congressional District, currently represented by Republican Cresent Hardy.

Oceguera said in the letter he was disappointed the NRA "opposes any legislation that would help keep guns out of the hands of terrorists, criminals and the mentally ill, and spends millions to stop any action in Congress that could help prevent further violence."

"I cannot continue to be a member while the NRA refuses to back closing these loopholes," he added. "Therefore, I resign my membership in the NRA, effective immediately. Please remove my name from your membership list."

Republicans in he U.S. Senate on Thursday voted down an amendment that would have expanded background checks for people trying to purchase firearms at gun shows and on the Internet.

I salute you, Sir! I was also an NRA member for many years - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977. Prior to that, the NRA was a good and honorable outfit.
good , glad that he is gone as he also takes any influence that he may have had with him Lakota !!

Oh boo hoo.

I'm facing a gun ban up here again and I support anyone in the US that backs the NRA. You liberal gun grabbing assholes are maniacs. It won't make a dent in your deaths because where there is a will there is a way.

Look at Aussie land. Gun deaths went down. Knife deaths rose almost an equal amount.

Now I don't know about you but I personally would prefer to eat a bullet rather than being stabbed to death. Because my fucking stupid government made it so.

I hope they start banning guns soon. Just certain types. You can still have your peashooters, just not the assault rifles.

By the way, I live in Australia. And you're wrong about knife deaths. More ignorant BS fuelling your POV...

I've put up my stats.

Put up yours or shut the fuck up. Mine are from your crime labs.

Why don't you present evidence that shows your crime labs are lying on their stats.

He wasn't. The person in the link was equating. Instead of feeling sorry, how about refuting using your own sources?
Problem is his link was nothing more then simple political correctness, thus no credibility to it whatsoever.
Actually my link is documented history.

Article 4, Section 4: Debate in Virginia Ratifying Convention

Democrat John Oceguera, a former speaker of the Nevada assembly who's running for Congress, resigned his lifetime NRA membership because of what he said was the group's opposition to "any legislation that would help keep guns out of the hands of terrorists."

"I am law-abiding gun owner, and have been a Life Member of the National Rifle Association" Oceguera wrote in letter to NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre Thursday, posted on Oceguera's campaign website. "I grew up in a family of hunters. But more importantly, I'm a father and a husband. I believe that keeping our families safe is our most fundamental priority."

Oceguera's NRA resignation followed this week's mass shooting in San Bernardino, California, that police said was carried out by a husband and wife using legally purchased assault-style rifles and semi-automatic pistols. Federal officials on Friday said they had concluded the motive for the attack, which killed 14 people and wounded 21, was terrorism. Oceguera is running for Nevada's 4th Congressional District, currently represented by Republican Cresent Hardy.

Oceguera said in the letter he was disappointed the NRA "opposes any legislation that would help keep guns out of the hands of terrorists, criminals and the mentally ill, and spends millions to stop any action in Congress that could help prevent further violence."

"I cannot continue to be a member while the NRA refuses to back closing these loopholes," he added. "Therefore, I resign my membership in the NRA, effective immediately. Please remove my name from your membership list."

Republicans in he U.S. Senate on Thursday voted down an amendment that would have expanded background checks for people trying to purchase firearms at gun shows and on the Internet.

I salute you, Sir! I was also an NRA member for many years - until it was hijacked by radicals in 1977. Prior to that, the NRA was a good and honorable outfit.
Just shows how mentally deranged Democrats are now.

Actually my link is documented history.

Article 4, Section 4: Debate in Virginia Ratifying Convention

Well.....he is a Democrat.

Maybe he plans on running for president now.

Oh, fyi, anyone who tries to take our guns is going to get his or her ass kicked in a general election.

Shrug.

Who cares?

Bush 41 quit some years back over a "jackbooted thugs" comment. Shortly thereafter, the NRA gained a million members in the course of several months.

You people will never win this.

Thats his decision he can drop any membership to anything he wants I don't care I'm not and never have been a member of the NRA politically though I will side with the one who does not try to get between me and my Smith and Wesson.

I just joined NRA!

...again

Forum List

Back