Sam Harris is a Little Worried About the 2024 Election and the Future of Society

$ecular#eckler

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2020
Transient
I found this podcast to be somewhat dishonest. Mr. Harris suggests that the panelist are not partisan pundits, but clearly in the dialog, they portrayed symptoms of Trump Derangement Syndrome, until the end when they supposedly take questions from the listening audience.

I do not think this question was from the audience. It could have been edited by Stacy, the moderator, it was presented as well written, but it uses the term "tribalism," which is a euphemism for "racism, and I am pretty sure I have heard Mr. Harris and the elite liberals using the term. You don't hear conservatives use the term, "tribal" very often. President Obama used the term very often. I am sure some of you remember.
Sam Harris: Okay Stacy - next question

Stacy: How do we as reasonable thinking humans take the level of fear, anger, and tribalism, in our communities down to a level where people can reset, open their minds, use their brains and critical thinking, to make real decisions, and have real mindful conversations?

Harris and one of his guests describe that the solution to the question is the solution to all social problems.

Harris presents a very good description of the problem, and I would bet that he is really searching for the solution to the social disorderliness we endure. He does not say it, but he probably believes that social media should provide the pathway to solving the problem, and is probably relative to the disappointment that some of us have had in our participation on social media.

I provide a clip from his introduction to the podcast before the clip about the question I provided. The first clip is the end of his comparison of the contemporary social disorder to that of an Islamic airplane hijacking, and then he expresses that he is against "cancel culture, which is relative to tribalism. More accurately, "cancel culture" seems to be a form of ideological discrimination to protect the subservient demographic culture. A lack of tolerance for other people's points of view, because of the inability to exercise the irrational

The clip I provide is ten minutes of the two hours that I listen to last night, and I think he is trying to convey that it would be a good idea for atheists to figure out the solution to the question before the Christians do.

And, it is going to take scientific research and the development of discussion rules to solve it as alluded to at the end of the clip.

Put your thinking caps on.

Last edited:
She's worried? Who isn't?

I think it was a genuine question from the audience. Sam draws a very intelligent and aware crowd. He's also quick on his feet too with intelligent answers.

And it's great to hear that he has lots of confidence to follow his course.

I found this podcast to be somewhat dishonest. Mr. Harris suggests that the panelist are not partisan pundits, but clearly in the dialog, they portrayed symptoms of Trump Derangement Syndrome, until the end when they supposedly take questions from the listening audience.

I do not think this question was from the audience. It could have been edited by Stacy, the moderator, it was presented as well written, but it uses the term "tribalism," which is a euphemism for "racism, and I am pretty sure I have heard Mr. Harris and the elite liberals using the term. You don't hear conservatives use the term, "tribal" very often. President Obama used the term very often. I am sure some of you remember.

View attachment 604204

Harris and one of his guests describe that the solution to the question is the solution to all social problems.

Harris presents a very good description of the problem, and I would bet that he is really searching for the solution to the social disorderliness we endure. He does not say it, but he probably believes that social media should provide the pathway to solving the problem, and is probably relative to the disappointment that some of us have had in our participation on social media.

I provide a clip from his introduction to the podcast before the clip about the question I provided. The first clip is the end of his comparison of the contemporary social disorder to that of an Islamic airplane hijacking, and then he expresses that he is against "cancel culture, which is relative to tribalism. More accurately, "cancel culture" seems to be a form of ideological discrimination to protect the subservient demographic culture. A lack of tolerance for other people's points of view, because of the inability to exercise the irrational

The clip I provide is ten minutes of the two hours that I listen to last night, and I think he is trying to convey that it would be a good idea for atheists to figure out the solution to the question before the Christians do.

And, it is going to take scientific research and the development of discussion rules to solve it as alluded to at the end of the clip.

Put your thinking caps on.

I would not assign the word "tribe" to the Left, I would call them a cult instead.

After all, cults don't question their leader in any way, as where Trump get booed by his supporters when he says he got a booster shot.

Next

Forum List

Back